PDA

View Full Version : Rounding shoulders but not back.....

Chubrock
12-05-2005, 08:48 PM
In my neverending quest to try and perfect form, I've got something I need to figure out with regards to my DL. My training partner says I do not round my back, but he does say I round my shoulders forward. Is that ok or should my shoulders, upper back and lower back stay straight and pulled back?

Glaim
12-06-2005, 01:07 AM
I believe westside actually reccomends rounding the 'upper back' or shoulders. Supposedly it places less stress on the spine. The guy who made exrx.net actually advocates rounding the entire back (along with the creatore of "bigger, faster, stronger") as an alteration of the standard deadlift. Their reasoning is that with a rounded back, the bar is closer to the body and thus causes less stress on the lumbar.

Adam
12-06-2005, 04:26 AM
Most p'lifters that i know, start with a flat lower back and a rounded upper back. I'm refering to conventional deadlifters tholugh.

Anthony
12-06-2005, 04:29 AM
I use sumo and I keep a straight lower and rounded upper.

Chubrock
12-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Things guys. I lift conventional and put the most focus on keeping my lowerback straight, but like I said my workout partner says I found my shoulders forward. I had heard that that wasn't a bad thing, but I wanted to ask ya'll.