PDA

View Full Version : eating.

20firebird02
12-05-2005, 08:39 PM
i need some advice on what i can eat while at work. i have no microwave right now so i havent been able to bring much of anything to work. i get so hungry through out the day and when i get off i head straight to the gym. the only time i have been gettin to eat is when i get home from work/gym. so i need some suggestions on what i might could take to eat w/o having to warm it up.

Hazerboy
12-05-2005, 08:46 PM
I pack a lot of sandwiches. bags of trail mix or dry oats (if your into that) are good too.

It all depends on your goals though and if you're bulking or cutting. Sometimes i take some grilled chicken in a bag & just eat it plain, or some fruit to snack on.

Shao-LiN
12-05-2005, 08:54 PM
i need some advice on what i can eat while at work. i have no microwave right now so i havent been able to bring much of anything to work. i get so hungry through out the day and when i get off i head straight to the gym. the only time i have been gettin to eat is when i get home from work/gym. so i need some suggestions on what i might could take to eat w/o having to warm it up.

Use your imagination a bit. Sandwich, protein shakes or self-made MRPs, bag of beef jerky, etc. etc.

20firebird02
12-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Use your imagination a bit. Sandwich, protein shakes or self-made MRPs, bag of beef jerky, etc. etc.

i have been usin my imagination :rolleyes: the thing is i cant stand to eat things cold. i dont know what it is but i jst cant do it.

Jorge Sanchez
12-05-2005, 09:25 PM
If you can't stand to eat things cold and you have no microwave I think you are in trouble.

When I was working during the summer I usually packed a half pound of turkey into three sandwiches with some cheese, along with tons of fruit, and a few cereal bars. Kept me full and I had tons of energy before going to the gym.

But the possibilities really are endless.

eps
12-05-2005, 09:51 PM
I am usually at school for eight hours at a time and go to the gym right after so I can see where you're coming from...

This is what I do: I pack about three peanut butter sandwiches ~ 1000 cals and a couple of RTDs ~ 600 cals. I keep some preworkout stimulants in a small plastic bag.

I hold it all in a small container bag that has a strap to hang on my shoulder - it has a little section on the top of bag to store an icepack to keep things cool.

You can obviously take with you what you want, but I chose those foods since they're extremely easy to have ready to go in the morning.

-Eps

muscleup
12-06-2005, 08:14 AM
Fruit
Hard boiled eggs
PB Sandwich
Nuts
Beef Jerky

gator
12-06-2005, 08:18 AM
tuna sandwiches as well

Shao-LiN
12-06-2005, 07:34 PM
But he can't eat anything cold...whatever that means.

My advice would be to suck it up. The stuff isn't cold. It isn't steaming hot off the grill, but it shouldn't be cold unless you refrigerate it.

Built
12-06-2005, 07:44 PM
Big thermos full of stew/spaghetti/pasta with meat/chicken and rice.

Instant noodles and a tin of tuna - boil water, pour over the noodles, toss in a tin of tuna. Instant dinner. Also works with instant mashed potatoes - instant mashed with a tin of tuna isn't half bad.

big calvin
12-07-2005, 12:14 AM
peanuts
protein shakes
protein bars
sandwhiches