PDA

View Full Version : what should i do?

samj
12-06-2005, 04:11 AM
im allergict to protein powders :cry: i get a really bad rash on my face because it is a dairy product should i just have some corned beef or simethink instead because half a tin has 45grams of protein but has 21grams of fat so what should i take instead? :bang:

getfit
12-06-2005, 04:31 AM
you can get your protein otherwise

tuna,chicken,eggs,beef etc.....

HILL
12-06-2005, 04:31 AM
yeh have that or a tin of tuna. also try ure protein powder with water and try different types possibly

samj
12-06-2005, 05:02 AM
i take it with water but still get the rash im going to try a different one like the egg protein powder or sometrhink

muscleup
12-06-2005, 07:56 AM
Get your protein from real food.
Chicken, lean beef, tuna, eggs

samj
12-06-2005, 10:39 AM
cheers boys

Vegilles
12-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Other good sources;
Pasta,potatoes.
I get 25 gms protein per day alone from 4 slices of whole wheat multigrain bread.

Get an up-to-date food calorie-counter handbook. They're cheap and usually contain all types of nutrition values for nearly every type of food/beverage. Read labels of packaged foods too and compare protein yields of similar foods.

Avoid canned foods if you can, particularly when they have astronomical amounts of sodium and/or hydrogenated[or even partially] oils [labels]. Research safe amounts of nutrients - a good maximum sodium intake should hover around 2500mgs.

ROMANMAN
12-06-2005, 11:39 AM
I wouldnt recommend bread if youre cutting though

samj
12-06-2005, 01:58 PM
i am cutting and avoiding bread to many carbs and why stay away from tinned food eg tuna, mackeral etc?

spencerjrus
12-06-2005, 02:56 PM
i am cutting and avoiding bread to many carbs and why stay away from tinned food eg tuna, mackeral etc?

I think he meant processed food. There is nothing wrong with tuna or any other fish in a can.

Jorge Sanchez
12-06-2005, 03:01 PM
Whey isn't necessary to get sufficient protein. But I guess a congratulations to marketing companies is in order.

tigo
12-06-2005, 04:50 PM
there are protein powders for those who are lactose intolerant like ON 100% natural whey

samj
12-07-2005, 02:37 PM
is corned beef good fats or bad?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
12-07-2005, 02:41 PM
There are protein powders that are lactose free. And there is plenty of good food with protein in them.

samj
12-09-2005, 08:49 AM
my diet now is
breakfast 3 scrambled eggs with some cheese and tomato
lunch 12:30 pack of chicken pieces with cheese on and some ham an a handful of peanuts
3:30 some ham and a orange
between 5 and 6pm whatever mum makes always healthy eg chicken breast and veg mince etc
9pm quarter tin of corned beef
is this ok? normally i would of had protein shake at 11am 3:30 and 9:30pm but gives me a rash but doctor said its just my hormones but just staying off it for a bit. Im not eating much at all at the moment because goin on holiday for a week and still cutting but as soon as were getting back and christmas break bulk starts again cant wait :burger: :drooling: :evillaugh I was 182 pounds 5ft9 15 years old but now i am 166 pounds and between 10 and 12%bf abs are coming through im feeling week at the moment but only got 2 weeks left :ninja:

Aslin
12-09-2005, 01:04 PM
You still eat vast amounts of protein (shakes etc) even though you're cutting?

I have a couple of questions for you guys...

1. Instead of drinking protein shakes could i just eat loads of Tuna, turkey and chicken pieces (tuna mostly)?

2. how would you best do eggs if you're on a cut? and how many is best for someone trying to cut?

muscleup
12-09-2005, 01:30 PM
1. Instead of drinking protein shakes could i just eat loads of Tuna, turkey and chicken pieces (tuna mostly)?
Didn't we go over this already in your other thread? Protein from food is ideal.

2. how would you best do eggs if you're on a cut? and how many is best for someone trying to cut?
Poached or hard boiled. If you want to eat the white only, hard boil them and pitch the yolk. As to how many, that is up to you. I've found that if you eat to many, you may get some very stimulating oders coming from your rectum.
If you like eggs a lot, then eat how ever many you want. just keep track of your over all calorie intake.

samj
12-10-2005, 05:42 AM
if you have read it properly it says i cant have protein shakes anymore and i said thats the shakes i used to do and there is absolutely no problem with shakes on a cut its better because you get more protein to try an hold on to that muscle in my protien its a 50gram scoop 45 grams protein 1.5 fat 1.5 carb etc