PDA

View Full Version : Know How... ?

MonStar1023
01-05-2002, 09:27 AM
Anyone heard of this book? "Know How.." ? Heres the website. Tell me what you all think.

http://www.donlemmon.com/default.htm

:cool::cool:

Wizard
01-05-2002, 11:06 AM
Yeah,I heard it first :D

I tried to order it but I gave them the # of my maestro card and they didn't accept it.They sent me that mail:

So please, if your card info was a mistake, let me know asap as it is
illegal to enter incorrect info. Collections goes through your DNS and
determines your origin when this occurs. Let me know.

And my answer was:
I didn't enter incorect info but it's a debit card.(cirrus/maestro).
I thought that you accept it but who are you to tell me to inform you asap because you can determine my origin? Are you the big brother?...
--

Assholes...

MonStar1023
01-05-2002, 11:39 AM
Wizard-
Hehe thats ridiculous. I wonder if that books any good. I mean has anyone actually READ it. Not just heard about it?

Wizard
01-05-2002, 11:43 AM
Yeah! :p

I finally ordered it as I did with the NHE too.

I believe that they contain some good info.

Orange357
01-05-2002, 11:44 AM
He looks like a wanna be jebus.:rolleyes:

MonStar1023
01-05-2002, 01:56 PM
Wizard-
Good luck with it. From the looks of it with the testimonials and sh*t like that it looks like scam to me.. who knows though post what you think of it. What are the crudentials of the author?>

Marcel
01-06-2002, 02:53 AM
I have "The Know How" and it's a good book. Don Lemmon is a cool guy and it isn't a scam. He really knows his shiat about diet. How much is he selling the book for now? Not too expensive its worth the money. I like the NHE diet better though.:cool:

Wizard
01-06-2002, 05:00 AM
I don't have any "diet books" written by gymnasts,bodybuilders etc but only from MD's.I wanna know how some of them may have more knowledge than scientists.

The guy over the Lemmon site asked me to send him my valid credit card info by e-mail... :rolleyes:
Eitherway I'll have to face the law.(I'm pissed off now...) :eek: :D

Delphi
01-06-2002, 06:54 AM
If that's the same company you're referring to in both posts I'd tell them to go to hell. Since you already explained to them that that was a debit card, I would imagine the police would be more irritated at them for being idiots. MasterCards alway start with 4 and Visas always start with (I think) 5. There's some way your debit card number shows that it's not a credit card. Screw 'em.

MonStar1023
01-06-2002, 09:41 AM
Marcel-
Really? Wow thats interesting. Maybe Ill pick up a copy myself. Does he advocate any type of specific eating style? Because if I buy it I dont want to stop doing the NHE Eating Plan. I mean I just really enjoy that and think its the best for manipulating your horomones. Tell me about it please.

Wizard
01-06-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by DelphiDoc
If that's the same company you're referring to in both posts I'd tell them to go to hell. Since you already explained to them that that was a debit card, I would imagine the police would be more irritated at them for being idiots. MasterCards alway start with 4 and Visas always start with (I think) 5. There's some way your debit card number shows that it's not a credit card. Screw 'em.

It's getting funny now.. Look at their reply:

You cannot enter 18 numbers for a card that has 16 numbers and an expiration date that is incorrect without it being fraudulant. And yes, we use technology that you might call big brotherish. You protect your family?We protect our business.
I am gathering you were not truly intertested in ordering or you would have answered the original question.
What is your correct card number and your correct expiration day.
I am only going to ask this one last time.

Then I told them:

Look,I'm really interested on that book and I am 18 years old (exactly).
If you are serious as you claim to be,let me enter my credit card number (a
mastercard card,which is valid worldwide) in your secure website and not in
an unsecure e-mail.That's the way I must protect my personal info.

And their last word was:
One last request, enter in the correct info.

oh!I'm so pissed off now.. All the FBI is looking for me now.. I tried to steal my debit card...

:rolleyes:

MonStar1023
02-20-2002, 08:14 AM
What kind of diet does Don Lemmon suggest? I am just curious because if I bought a copy I wouldnt want any kind of interference with NHE. Because I have been getting great results with NHE.

ericg
02-20-2002, 08:25 AM
Hey I have a suggestion for ya Mon: buy the book and read it cover to cover, even if the principle conflicts with that of NHE. Just dont follow it, read it for pleasure and to learn a bit. You dont have to follow everything you read. Christ I would be inside the playboy mansion by now.

MonStar1023
02-20-2002, 08:27 AM
ericg-
Haha I know what youre saying bro. I have heard both good and bad about it. But if its just another hormonal book I dont wanna spend the $.

... From what I understand it just discusses not to combine carbs and fat. Basically protein/fat meals and carb meals. And no 2 carb meals in a row.

ericg
02-20-2002, 10:35 AM
Well let us know how it is if you get it.

One more thing though. If it is just another hormonal book, why wouldn't you get it? I know NHE is based on hormonal reactions, but why not see what is different between the two. Even if they both have the same basis, some aspects may be different. Who knows you may even find some beneficial to you. As we all know NO specific "type" of diet is the answer.

Marcel
02-20-2002, 12:55 PM
Monstar - I have the book...I like it and guess what bro? You are already following the basic eating principles except you aren't having post-workout carbs right now. On Don's plan you always have post-workout carbs.

Wizard - sorry didnt mention this about a month ago but the reason why you were having so much trouble ordering is because Don had already gotten screwed over by someone using false info and stolen credit cards. He's a cool dude though e-mail him personally.