PDA

View Full Version : build

dasher
12-07-2005, 03:46 AM
hi i was about to start a 2 week powelifting workout and if i enjoy it il do it for 2 months..i have always done 8-12 reps and have ben trianing fro almost 2 years and feel its time to have another change and was thinking of going in the 2-8 rep range. but a few things linger in my mind and they are:
1. i am very lean and liketo have a lean look and put on lean muscle. but what i thought is if i do this rep range will i still put on muscle? what are some links of pics of some impressive powerliftes builds..theres a guy at the gym is is ripped as **** and does powerlifting, i always thought powerlifting was like 500kg fat guys..ALSO DO THE PRO BODYBUILDERS POWERLIFT?

2. when liftining very heavy i think form will go out the window a bit...why is it that when ur pros do heavy weights they dont use correct form?
3. i am doing db shoulder press because when i do barbell i find i cannot lift that heavy ad they it doesnt feel to comfortable and feels it isnt doing anything..i am uncormfortable with brining the barbell infront of my chest.do u guys think i should bare it? and what sorta kg do u guys lift on the military press
cheers steve

Sensei
12-07-2005, 04:56 AM
1. Yes. Some do, yes. Do a search for pics of people like Ed Coan, Kirk Karwoski, Ryan Kennelly, etc.
2. You should use proper form, ESPECIALLY with heavy weights.
3. Military press is a good exercise. If you have shoulder issues, you may need to modify your exercise selection.

dasher
12-07-2005, 05:00 AM
2. when u see people such as ronnie lifitng real heavy he doesnt do form as good.liek he deosnt lower the weight nicley and isnt correctly postured..
1. those guys were just big...if doing reps between 4-8 can u stil achieve a cover mag look

dasher
12-07-2005, 05:02 AM
1. u also see the pros use lower reps alot.

dasher
12-07-2005, 05:04 AM
prettty much i just wont to no i am lean and dont want to turn into a fat guy. wil i stil put on muscle and stil be lean if i choose to do lower reps 4-8 for a bit..coz they always say lift big to be big. and be honest when peopel r lifitng heavy there form does go out a bit

Paul Stagg
12-07-2005, 06:59 AM
I have a great deal of trouble understanding your posts.

If you want people to spend their valuable time helping you, I suggest you spend a little extra time composing your posts.

Powerlifting doesn't make you fat, and technique is very, very important when handling weights at or near 100%.