PDA

View Full Version : Post travel diet

vvv
12-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Hello,

I was wondering what would the best way to get back into routine of things, ie, my diet, workouts etc. I just came back from a week of travels where I consumed food liberally, I was attending a wedding, so it involved drinking alcohol, cooked foods, desserts, etc etc.

Before leaving I was in the midst on my bulking period. Anyway, I wanted to know how I should go about getting into the routine again? Mind you I mite be suffering from 'jet-lag'.

WOuld doing a 30-min cardio today and start lifting again tmrw be a good idea?

Please advise. :lurk:

getfit
12-07-2005, 03:25 PM
rest today, and get back into it tomorrow, yes start lifting, 1 week, doesn't really make much of a difference

vvv
12-07-2005, 03:26 PM
rest today, and get back into it tomorrow, yes start lifting, 1 week, doesn't really make much of a difference

no cardio today to reduce jet lag?

getfit
12-07-2005, 03:28 PM
it's up to you really, personally i'd get a good nights sleep and start fresh tomorrow

Davidelmo
12-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Yeah, the best way to deal with jetlag is to STAY UP until it's the actual time you would go to bed normally.

Then get a good nights sleep and wake up the next day refreshed.

A week isnt too much of a break. You'll probably find that you wont be any worse than your last workout and it may have even been beneficial in ways in that you got a proper chance to rest and recover.

muscleup
12-09-2005, 11:37 AM
So let me get this straight. You went on vacation and didn't check to see if the hotel had a weight room?!