PDA

View Full Version : Discomfort Raising Fat Levels

tigo
12-08-2005, 02:00 AM
hey guys, just wanted some more input on this.. ever since i started ingesting oil and butters straight to satisfy my 0.5g f\lb lbm, i've felt some pangs sometimes in my heart. is this a normal adjusting period?

its been happening the past week.... that i started frying eggs and chicken in pats of butter so raise the fat content. and eating 2 whole eggs (yolk and all) daily, along wiht usually 2 cans of tuna..

i've heard things about eggs not being a daily food, tuna too.
so yeah, just wondering if i'm going to die or anything, cuz that would suck

BRD
12-08-2005, 03:10 AM
I have all those things daily(except the butter) never experienced anything like that , if it contunies id see a doctor thats probably the best and safest thing to do.

RickTheDestroyer
12-08-2005, 06:49 AM
Why are you counting canned tuna as part of your fat? There's hardly any in there.
I'd say go see a doctor, but it's probably nothing. The easiest way I've found to add fat (aside from the addition of more butter/olive oil to foods) is that I went to 2% milk instead of skim, but I'm still trying to drink 3/4 of a gallon or so a day.

HILL
12-08-2005, 07:41 AM
it could be your body adjusting. if it worries you then its worth seeing the doc in my opinion

muscleup
12-08-2005, 07:55 AM
Why are you counting canned tuna as part of your fat? There's hardly any in there.

lol he's not. He mentions tuna because his second question was about eating eggs and tuna on a daily basis. Basically asking if it's bad.

I have heard that tuna has increased mercury levels that could be harmful if consumption gets out of hand. I don't eat it more than 2-3 times per week.

And as for eggs, the "cholesterol" in the yolks are said to be bad for your bodies blood cholesterol levels, but
"Some research suggests that dietary cholesterol has little effect on blood cholesterol in some people. But in others, it has a big effect. If you have high blood pressure or a family history of cardiovascular disease, it makes sense to limit eggs in your diet. Talk to your doctor about what's appropriate in your specific situation.

The yolk of the egg has all the cholesterol about 212 milligrams (mg) of cholesterol. Recommendations are to limit dietary cholesterol to 300 mg a day 200 mg a day if you have high blood cholesterol. This allows for three to four egg yolks a week. Egg whites and egg substitutes are cholesterol-free and can be used in place of whole eggs. In general, two egg whites are the equivalent of one whole egg in cooking. Check the label on egg substitutes for the equivalent."

I eat 4 whole eggs a day. Yolk and all.

albanat0r: If you are worried about the butter and oils, I would get your blood cholesterol checked out by your doctor and have him test anything else that might be a factor. Then go from there.

RBC13
12-08-2005, 02:55 PM
If you want to raise your fat levels, why are you doing it with butter and oil? Ever heard of Natty pb, seeds, and other nuts/avacados/olives/soynuts/fish/etc.

Shao-LiN
12-08-2005, 05:35 PM
Why are you counting canned tuna as part of your fat?

Really depends on which one he gets...canned in water or canned in oil.

Built
12-08-2005, 05:52 PM
If you want to raise your fat levels, why are you doing it with butter and oil? Ever heard of Natty pb, seeds, and other nuts/avacados/olives/soynuts/fish/etc.

Nothing wrong with olive oil (monounsaturated fat) and butter (natural saturated fat).

Nothing wrong with nuts/avacados/olives/fish either, although I'd suggest avoiding soy for the most part.

crazyaoshi
12-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Why should you avoid soy? Or do you just mean soynuts? I know you know what you're talking about, but I'm worried because I eat tofu nearly everyday and I drink soymilk [because I think I am lactose intolerant]. Soy is cheap and easy to find here, while meat is expensive.

Built
12-09-2005, 01:43 AM
Soy is contraindicated for people with thyroid problems. I've teetered along the edge of low thyroid in the past - I'll eat soy occasionally, but not as a staple.

Plenty of people are fine with it.

RickTheDestroyer
12-09-2005, 04:40 AM
Really depends on which one he gets...canned in water or canned in oil.
Hahahaha that's true. It's been so long since I've had anything but tuna in water that I forgot it came any other was...
I guess that's maybe more sad than funny... :(