PDA

View Full Version : What are the fundamentals of a cut diet?

Con
12-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Hello, im 16,im new to the forum, and from what Ive read, this site is really nice.
I assume from the name that cut diet means getting cut, not bulking up, which is exactly what I want.
Ive done searches but haven't found much to what I need. Im looking for some pretty good detail, so i thought it would be best to start my own thread.
Some general questions I have:
What types of foods are absolutely not acceptable on a cut deit?
Besides meats, what other types of foods are good to eat?
Is there any times of the day that is it good or bad to eat?
Whats wrong with fried foods and saturated fats?
I know to become cut, you need cardio, is taebo a good type of cardio?

Ill proably think of more questions and add them later, but if anyone could help me, id really appreciate it.
And if anyone wants to really really help, maybe we could talk on msn, my email is ncondor1@msn.com

Built
12-08-2005, 04:26 PM
"What types of foods are absolutely not acceptable on a cut deit?" None.
"Besides meats, what other types of foods are good to eat?" All.
"Is there any times of the day that is it good or bad to eat?" No.
"Whats wrong with fried foods and saturated fats?" Nothing.
"I know to become cut, you need cardio, is taebo a good type of cardio?" You don't need any cardio to cut.

Optimum08
12-08-2005, 04:59 PM
fundamentals of a cut comes down to one thing...calories out vs. calories in...if you burn more calories then u consume, then u will lose weight...

Con
12-08-2005, 05:16 PM
but how do you measure calories out?

Built
12-08-2005, 05:55 PM
You can't. All you can do is measure the ones IN, and weigh yourself.

Jorge Sanchez
12-08-2005, 08:26 PM
"What types of foods are absolutely not acceptable on a cut deit?" None.
"Besides meats, what other types of foods are good to eat?" All.
"Is there any times of the day that is it good or bad to eat?" No.
"Whats wrong with fried foods and saturated fats?" Nothing.
"I know to become cut, you need cardio, is taebo a good type of cardio?" You don't need any cardio to cut.

I love the way you explicitly answered all of his questions without actually answering anything. Awesome :thumbup:

That should teach him to use the search function :evillaugh

Built
12-08-2005, 10:51 PM
Yep. Tough love.

JustLost
12-09-2005, 07:05 AM
Fundamentals of a cut:

Adequate protein
Adequate good fats
Adequate vitamins and minerals
Calories burned > calories consumed
Weight training to maintain muscle mass

Go to Fitday.com (http://www.fitday.com) and start tracking yor food intake. Don't leave anything out. What I do is go to fitday first thing in the morning and input everything I plan to eat. Sometimes seeing how the macronutrients add up with lead me to change my plans a bit.

Anyway... you need to make sure your baseline diet is in order before you start cutting calories. Here are two articles that will tell you more than you even want to know about that:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/articles/nutrition/baselinepart1.php
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/articles/nutrition/baselinepart2.php

Oh, and you probably ought to take everybody's hints about the search function here. ;)

Unreal
12-09-2005, 07:15 AM
And cut doesn't mean become cut, it simply means lose weight. If you want to lose weight you eat less then you burn, want to add muscle/gain weight, eat more then you burn.

Scooter
12-09-2005, 11:12 AM
When I did my first cut a few months ago I found an word document at the end of the what a bodybuilder eats thread that helped give me the fundamentals of what I needed to know. Perhaps it will help you too:

http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

IRN-BRU
12-11-2005, 03:18 PM
I think you should avoid high GI carbs, icecream, sweets, cola, alcohol, as much as you can. These will all make it more difficult because of the blood sugar crash, and you'll get a hunger for more. Alcohol might make you eat a doner kebab too, which isnt going to help (unless you get food poisoning), but it also might help you get laid, which is good cardio, so that's a tricky one:-)

Also, cardio is good. While you're doing taebo, swimming, sport, or running, you're not sitting near the kitchen thinking about food.