PDA

View Full Version : A cheaper place to buy chains

Sensei
12-09-2005, 03:47 PM
I love elitefts.com, but this place looks like it might be less expensive for chains.
http://www.infinitestrength.com/index.html

FortifiedIron
12-09-2005, 07:50 PM
Edit: (for the 10th time) hmmmm NICE LINK!

Kc

MixmasterNash
12-10-2005, 08:44 AM
The hardware store? I just bought chain for a dip belt and heavier chain was a few bucks a foot.

Those collars are nice, but the chain is way overpriced.

Big & Tall
12-10-2005, 02:46 PM
I checked a couple of hardware places online, and I couldn't find good chain prices. But the above is significantly cheaper than McMaster-Carr, which surprised me.

Sensei
12-10-2005, 02:54 PM
The hardware store? I just bought chain for a dip belt and heavier chain was a few bucks a foot.

Those collars are nice, but the chain is way overpriced.
Trust me Mix, I've looked into hardware stores. The heaviest gauge chain I usually find is tow chain (3/8") which is fine if you are willing to double it up and use 14' lengths of it - I actually have a set of tow chains and use it for bench occasionally.
I've checked chain suppliers online too and it usually comes in humongous drums which, after doing the math, wouldn't be much cheaper, even if I was able to cut the chain into 5-6ft lengths myself.

Sensei
02-18-2006, 11:44 PM
Bump.

Clifford Gillmore
02-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the bump Sensei, saved me going to the trouble of pushing the search button :)

Sensei
02-18-2006, 11:57 PM
The search didn't work for me, so I figured I'd just bump it.

Sug
02-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Home Depot or Lowes is not going to cut it, try Orchard Hardware supply. They go well beyond the 3/8 tie down chains, I think they should go up to an inch or so, which is pretty heavy duty. Other then that its not going to get cheaper, or you can try a big truck stop or a Semi truck store which would carry 3/8" chains, not bigger but you'll find a better deal there. Cant really find a cheaper supplier.