PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Diet

frankm007
12-10-2005, 07:32 PM
n/m

Built
12-10-2005, 09:34 PM
Couple questions:

Is there some reason why you're using a ratio approach to nutrition?

Is there some reason why you're eating low salt cottage cheese?

Built
12-10-2005, 10:02 PM
What are your maintenance calories?

Built
12-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Okay, well, rather than looking at your nutrition from a "percentage of total calories" perspective, if you look at it from a "LBM-dependent dosing" perspective, where you make sure to get in at least 1g/lb LBM of protein and 0.5g/lb LBM of fat, the rest of your calories can be made up of whatever combination of protein, carb and fat works for you.

Basically, once your targets are hit for protein and fat, the rest of your calories can come from anywhere, whether cutting, bulking, or maintaining.

For slow recomposition, you might find it more helpful to drop your carbs a bit, up your protein and fat, and target your carbs around your lifts, but you may just as easily find your approach works fine - you're certainly hitting your targets.

Personally, I find a higher-fat approach works, but some like the higher carb approach. My feeling is that if you're trying to slowly repartition, you might find staying fairly low-carb except for the pre-and post workout meals more helpful, but there are plenty here who don't find any advantage to this approach.

Are you taking any supplements?

Creatine can be helpful for some. Fish oil is another helpful supp - as I understand it, Omega-3 can help with partitioning.

tigo
12-11-2005, 04:15 AM
personally i dont like the weight x 19 thing... cuz it would be like ~4000 calories for me and thats certainly not my maintenance... otherwise i would have been cutting at a 2000 calorie deficit

BUTif it works for you all the power to you.. personally i find that to be high in carbs though

HILL
12-11-2005, 10:01 AM
i agree with built and to add if thats your maintanance 3230 then an extra 70 cals isnt going to do much. you want to gain weight yes so add a couple of hundred maybe 3600 or 3800cals for a slow increase and go from their