PDA

View Full Version : Diet a plan

Devilpup
12-11-2005, 12:17 PM
I heard grapefruit juice helps you lose weight. I've been told it has a chemical in it that helps with weight loss.
My wreslting coach told the team that if you want to lose weight, stick to this food plan. What do you think?

Breakfast
2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon, glass of grapefruit juice
Lunch
salad, fruit, water
Dinner
meat, something green ( broccoli, green beans, etc ), glass of grapefruit juice.

I've been eating a bagel or a bowl of cereal for breakfast, salad and fruit for lunch, and meat, vegetables and rice, or a sandwich for dinner. I'll either have water, a little milk, some juice with the meal. Is this good?

getfit
12-11-2005, 12:20 PM
doesn't seem much at all IMHO, more protein, fats!

getfit
12-11-2005, 12:21 PM
what are your stats?

Shao-LiN
12-11-2005, 07:40 PM
I heard grapefruit juice helps you lose weight. I've been told it has a chemical in it that helps with weight loss.
My wreslting coach told the team that if you want to lose weight, stick to this food plan. What do you think?

Breakfast
2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon, glass of grapefruit juice
Lunch
salad, fruit, water
Dinner
meat, something green ( broccoli, green beans, etc ), glass of grapefruit juice.

I've been eating a bagel or a bowl of cereal for breakfast, salad and fruit for lunch, and meat, vegetables and rice, or a sandwich for dinner. I'll either have water, a little milk, some juice with the meal. Is this good?

You can do that if you want to lose weight, sure. Losing weight is one thing, losing mostly fat weight is another. Unless you're some emaciated person who weighs close to nothing, I would say that the diet your coach recommends is a recipe for lean muscle loss. Your coach got one thing right, recommending you eat less. If you want to drop the fat, employ a good diet and training routine.

Devilpup
12-11-2005, 07:52 PM
I want to lose fat, not muscle. Is the plan my coach gave me good for that? If not what is a good diet for fat loss, but also good for muscle gain.
Thanks.

shootermcgavin7
12-11-2005, 08:51 PM
You can do that if you want to lose weight, sure. Losing weight is one thing, losing mostly fat weight is another. Unless you're some emaciated person who weighs close to nothing, I would say that the diet your coach recommends is a recipe for lean muscle loss. Your coach got one thing right, recommending you eat less. If you want to drop the fat, employ a good diet and training routine.

Wrestling is a little bit of a bastard child in that all they care about is weight. You can drop 5 lbs of water weight before the weight in to make weight and be good to go by the match.

Devilpup, it honestly depends on how much weight you need to lose - if it is 3-4 lbs you should be able to drop it before weigh-in no problem; if it is more than that, I'd follow Shao & other advice you're about to get and follow a diet targeted toward long-term fat loss.

I have a feeling Built will be around shortly.

Devilpup
12-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Saturday, I weighed in at 138.8. So I wrestled at 140. The match before that I was 141 so I wrestled 145. My goal is to wrestle 140. My coach wants me down to 125. I'm not going to do that, it imposssible for me, I don't have that mich fat to lose. If I got down to that, I'd have to stop lifting and lose some muscle. Thats a no no for me.
My goal is to gain muscle mass and gain strength.
Thanks.

shootermcgavin7
12-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Saturday, I weighed in at 138.8. So I wrestled at 140. The match before that I was 141 so I wrestled 145. My goal is to wrestle 140. My coach wants me down to 125. I'm not going to do that, it imposssible for me, I don't have that mich fat to lose. If I got down to that, I'd have to stop lifting and lose some muscle. Thats a no no for me.
My goal is to gain muscle mass and gain strength.
Thanks.

Tell your coach to screw himself. I'm not sure where you are from, but a lot of these guys grew up in the wrestling world where the lighter you got, the better.

A lot of it has to do with what kind of frame/build/height you are (in other words, genetics) - I know I wrestled a lot better at higher weight classes because I didn't feel like crap all the time. Sure, the competition is stronger, but so are you.

For the record, I wrestled 145 my senior year in high school, I weigh 225 at the moment (hoping to throw another 5 lbs on), feel I'm in better shape, and can still wear the same size pants (although the legs are tight).

I wish I had known as much about nutrition and lifting in high school as I do now, I wouldn't have sucked so bad at wrestling.

And yeah, I'd try to stick around 140 this year. I'm sure you know all the tricks, but it helps if you are 139.999999999999 lbs the morning of the meet, and 145-146 by the time the meet actually starts that night.
You guys weigh in in the morning, right?

Devilpup
12-12-2005, 06:13 PM
Usually, we weight in about 2-3 hours before the match starts. I eat right atfer I weigh in and during the match, to keep up the energy level.

shootermcgavin7
12-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Usually, we weight in about 2-3 hours before the match starts. I eat right atfer I weigh in and during the match, to keep up the energy level.

That's different than it used to be here - it is easier to shed water weight and put it back on a few hours. I know it is unhealthy, but that's wrestling...

Built
12-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Built's been lurking here ...

Grapefruit juice.

Wow.

I thought THAT one went out in the seventies.

Devilpup, how's your diet now?

Devilpup
12-12-2005, 09:11 PM
Right now...
Breakfast
a bagel or two or a pbj sandwich or 2 or some cereal and either water, milk, or orange juice

Lunch
salad, and some sort of meat, whatever is at the school, or pbj or ham/cheese sandwich, orange juice, water

Dinner
whatever step-mom makes-usually rice, vegetables, and chicken ( a handful ), or a sandwich, or soup, water.

Is that good? I think I need more protein.
And for the record, I am 5 feet and 140 lbs, give or take a few, depends if I'm full of crap at the moment. lol I don't have a gut, a little fat here and there, and I'm fairly built ( not braggin' ).
Thanks.