PDA

View Full Version : Critique of daily eating regimen

JAYJAY1979
12-11-2005, 12:38 PM
I started doing the weight lifting regiment over two months ago and now focusing on the eating portion.. here is what I eat generally on a daily basis:

Breakfast:

Bowl of Grapenuts

Snack:

1/3 cup of mixed nuts consisting of peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almond slivers, raisons, and a few chocolate chips

lunch:

Protein shake on off days from lifting and a bag of pretzels

snack 2:

apple and a granola bar

snack 3 (forty five minutes before working out)

bowl of oatmeal

meal:

Usually will consume the following on different days: bison burger, pasta fagioli soup (without pasta but with lean meat, vegetables), taco salads (mixture of lean meat, beans, fat free cheese, a spoonful of fat free sour cream, and salsa), whole wheat pasta, meat loaf, chicken.

late night snack:

1/2 cup of splenda vanilla ice cream with fat free whip cream, a few peanuts, and chocolate chips sprinkered.

I am 6'1, 224 lbs (last time of weigh in), while I am told I am bigger boned.

spencerjrus
12-11-2005, 12:50 PM
I started doing the weight lifting regiment over two months ago and now focusing on the eating portion.. here is what I eat generally on a daily basis:

Breakfast:

Bowl of Grapenuts

Snack:

1/3 cup of mixed nuts consisting of peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almond slivers, raisons, and a few chocolate chips

lunch:

Protein shake on off days from lifting and a bag of pretzels

snack 2:

apple and a granola bar

snack 3 (forty five minutes before working out)

bowl of oatmeal

meal:

Usually will consume the following on different days: bison burger, pasta fagioli soup (without pasta but with lean meat, vegetables), taco salads (mixture of lean meat, beans, fat free cheese, a spoonful of fat free sour cream, and salsa), whole wheat pasta, meat loaf, chicken.

late night snack:

1/2 cup of splenda vanilla ice cream with fat free whip cream, a few peanuts, and chocolate chips sprinkered.

I am 6'1, 224 lbs (last time of weigh in), while I am told I am bigger boned.

Breakfast should be more than just some grapenuts, I would reccomend oatmeal/eggs or something of that sort.

Ditch the late night snack and replace it with some cottage cheese/yogurt/milk/natty peanut butter, something like that.

Snack 2 is nothing but carbs, get some protein and fats in there.

Are you trying to cut or bulk? If you laid out what your goals are we can help you much more. Also check out www.fitday.com, put in your average days foods and then post up your calories and macros. Good luck.

JAYJAY1979
12-13-2005, 10:40 PM
I am just trying to lose all the fat (have some love handles that just refuse to go away but i hear that goes away in time) but would like to bulk up a bit. Not too much but just to give me some oomph.

tigo
12-13-2005, 11:46 PM
pretty hard to do both dude

to bulk up you need to eat more
to lose the lose handles you have to eat less.

JAYJAY1979
12-14-2005, 12:09 PM
I realize that it is hard to do.. I spent most of 2005 losing most of the fat and most of it is gone from my legs and upper part of my body (just those darn love handles and small gut remain.. which I am told will go away slowly which has been the case so far). I do want to eventually bulk up but just curious as to what others eat?

getfit
12-14-2005, 12:14 PM
read here

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=65848

what's your training routine like?

JAYJAY1979
12-15-2005, 12:25 PM
IT VARIES.. I HAVE A PERSONAL TRAINER TILL THE 23RD.. HERE WAS A ROUTINE FROM MONDAY THE 13TH...

Monday's Routine:

three sets of 15 squats while holding two 25 lb weights (one on each hand)..

Alternated that with 15 front lunges on each leg (with only body weight)

three sets of 15 bicep curls (alternating) with 17.5 lb weights

three sets of machine chest presses with 70 lb's the first set and 80 lbs
the following two sets

17.5 lbs dumbell shoulder presses.. 15 reps in three sets

then three sets of forward steps with 15 lbs on each hand.

Also here was my 45 minutes of cardio:

Woodbury treadmill

10 minutes at Incline 2 at a speed of 3.2 (HR fell between 120-125)

5 mintues at Incline 12 at a speed of 3.7 (HR fell between 165-175)

15 minutes at Incline 4 at a speed of 3.3 (HR fell between 135-145)

5 Minutes at INcline 6 at a speed of 3.3 (HR fell between 145-155)

deeder
12-15-2005, 01:58 PM
IT VARIES.. I HAVE A PERSONAL TRAINER TILL THE 23RD.. HERE WAS A ROUTINE FROM MONDAY THE 13TH...

Monday's Routine:

three sets of 15 squats while holding two 25 lb weights (one on each hand)..

Alternated that with 15 front lunges on each leg (with only body weight)

three sets of 15 bicep curls (alternating) with 17.5 lb weights

three sets of machine chest presses with 70 lb's the first set and 80 lbs
the following two sets

17.5 lbs dumbell shoulder presses.. 15 reps in three sets

then three sets of forward steps with 15 lbs on each hand.

Also here was my 45 minutes of cardio:

Woodbury treadmill

5 mintues at Incline 12 at a speed of 3.7 (HR fell between 165-175)

15 minutes at Incline 4 at a speed of 3.3 (HR fell between 135-145)

5 Minutes at INcline 6 at a speed of 3.3 (HR fell between 145-155)

Here is a good article on how you should be working out while cutting that was posted a few days ago:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459419

Ditch the personal trainer... He/She doesn't know much by the sounds of it... For a guy your size those are VERY light weights I would assume. Maybe you get "the burn" but you're not helping yourself getting any stronger/bigger.

Read all the threads around here about cutting and maybe look into the weight training routines on the main page.

Hope this helps!

JAYJAY1979
12-15-2005, 02:59 PM
Well, i am basically a beginner.. I started out in January 2005 at a size 44 waist and focused too much on the weightloss part and as a result, I lost any muscle mass.. So those weight are not exactly light for me LOL