PDA

View Full Version : 15 Year Old; Starting Out: Need Help ...

whoah69
12-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Information About Me:
Weight: 211 lbs
Height: 5'10

I have signed up at the gym next to my school and I can work out 5 days a week if need be (Mon-Fri). I have gone 5 days this week to the gym, getting used to it, learning how to use machines and just basically looking around and doing some workouts here and there. But I think it is now time to really start something so I can fix my overweight body.

Here are pics I took on Saturday, 11th of December:
http://www.unrealfrag.com/private/week1.html

My diet:
Morning: Cereal or sometimes 4 egg whites with milk
Lunch: Sandwich, usually turkey or chicken and milk
Dinner: Rice and chicken or sometimes noodles

Diet is no problem for me, I can eat a little and not feel hungry, but what do I need to eat that will aid me in fat loss and muscle gain?

I stop myself from eating candy, sodas, chips, or any of that food.

(1500cal-2000cal a day probably)

This has been my diet for quite some time now I do not eat alot, though you might think otherwise from looking at me. Maybe its because I am not so active until now.

My goals are to lose bodyfat and to gain muscle. Is this possible? Can the members of this board help me set up a routine and diet, it will be greatly appreciated.

Also if you have seen my pictures you might see my chest is abnormal. Is this the gyno? Can you tell just by looking at it?

Well thanks, let me know.

spencerjrus
12-11-2005, 12:58 PM
Information About Me:
Weight: 211 lbs
Height: 5'10

I have signed up at the gym next to my school and I can work out 5 days a week if need be (Mon-Fri). I have gone 5 days this week to the gym, getting used to it, learning how to use machines and just basically looking around and doing some workouts here and there. But I think it is now time to really start something so I can fix my overweight body.

Here are pics I took on Saturday, 11th of December:
http://www.unrealfrag.com/private/week1.html

My diet:
Morning: Cereal or sometimes 4 egg whites with milk
Lunch: Sandwich, usually turkey or chicken and milk
Dinner: Rice and chicken or sometimes noodles

I stop myself from eating candy, sodas, chips, or any of that food.

(1500cal-2000cal a day probably)

This has been my diet for quite some time now I do not eat alot, though you might think otherwise from looking at me. Maybe its because I am not so active until now.

My goals are to lose bodyfat and to gain muscle. Is this possible? Can the members of this board help me set up a routine and diet, it will be greatly appreciated.

Also if you have seen my pictures you might see my chest is abnormal. Is this the gyno? Can you tell just by looking at it?

Well thanks, let me know.

Well first of all, congratulations on the first step to improving yourself, its awesome to see people motivated about changing the way they look. It does look like you might have some gyno, but losing bodyfat and building pectoral muscle will significantly reduce the look of that.

Here is the routine you should be starting with, this will take you very far. http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25 If you are unfamiliar with any of the exercises you can check out www.exrx.net and it will have detailed videos and instructions for all of the movements.

www.fitday.com is an excellent tool for tracking your calories and macros. http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565 This is a list of optimal foods for bodybuilding.

I hope this helps you get started and I look forward to seeing your progress. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.

galileo
12-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Congratulations on taking the first step to a lifelong goal of health. I would definitely increase your calories to about 12 calories per pound (2500kcals will work).

Take on a good program like WannaBeBig #1 and learn about HIIT (there are threads around if you do a search for HIIT or interval cardio).

Yes, it looks like you have some pubertal gyno, but once you start losing weight it'll be less noticeable. Most cases go away after a few years, so try not to worry about it. Just focus on slow and steady fat loss. Don't drop weight too fast or you could end up with loose skin and that will make you even less happy with yourself.

Be consistent and you can easily reach your goals!

whoah69
12-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Hey dude thanks.

I have a question, those routines are weightlifting. Well one person told me that your muscle builds under your fat. So is this true? And weightlifting only makes muscle and not burn fat (thats where cardio comes in).

I just want to know if that is true, sorry for my lack of knowledge and If I seem ignorant:)

Gutz981
12-11-2005, 01:26 PM
Well from kid to kid I'm glad you chose to change your life. Not true hittin the iron demands alot from your body thus burning cals. Muscle at rest burn cals so its quite simple build muscle and then cut your cals to just below your maintaince level. and the fat will just go week by week.

Hockey66
12-11-2005, 02:05 PM
Hey dude thanks.

I have a question, those routines are weightlifting. Well one person told me that your muscle builds under your fat. So is this true? And weightlifting only makes muscle and not burn fat (thats where cardio comes in).

I just want to know if that is true, sorry for my lack of knowledge and If I seem ignorant:)

Don't worry, not everyone can be a fountain of knowledge right away.

What helps burn fat is when your body expends more calories than it consumes. Weightlifting will burn calories, and since you're new to the game probably still build some muscle even though you're eating less calories. Find Built's journal, it's called "Rebuilding..." Her pictures in the first post, she got that lean by dieting and weightlifting alone.

cosmicdebree88
12-11-2005, 02:25 PM
Well first of all, congratulations on the first step to improving yourself, its awesome to see people motivated about changing the way they look. It does look like you might have some gyno, but losing bodyfat and building pectoral muscle will significantly reduce the look of that.

Here is the routine you should be starting with, this will take you very far. http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25 If you are unfamiliar with any of the exercises you can check out www.exrx.net and it will have detailed videos and instructions for all of the movements.

www.fitday.com is an excellent tool for tracking your calories and macros. http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565 This is a list of optimal foods for bodybuilding.

I hope this helps you get started and I look forward to seeing your progress. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.

:withstupi Only other thing I'd suggest is some cardio to get you starting to see results (in fat loss) more quickly. Otherwise take this advice.

I just want to know if that is true, sorry for my lack of knowledge and If I seem ignorant

Absolutely not. Weightlifting will help a substantial amount in fat loss. Think about it, first you have the activity of weightlifting which burns calories. Then, the wieghtlifting builds LBM (lean body mass) requires more calories to maintain and thus aids in fat loss. Also, (not so scientific) but if you're overwieght and you get some muscle under the fat you actually look better (not fatter).

whoah69
12-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the info guys, post any more info if you have :)

Shark
12-11-2005, 05:36 PM
I don't even know if you have gyno, you could just have lots of fat around your nipples. That being said, get a strong workout and diet in place and start hitting the weights! Conrgasts on making the decision to better yourself!

toomuchbf
12-21-2005, 04:55 AM
Go for it bro, you got what it takes.. size