PDA

View Full Version : During a bulk...

phiber_optik
12-13-2005, 11:20 PM
ey guys I'm preparing to do a serious bulk. About how many lbs. should I try to gain and how much should my bf% increase? Or should I just bulk for a certain number of months? I'm 6'6" 200 lbs with 11% bf.

Nongan
12-13-2005, 11:47 PM
ok, i had similar questions to yours when i started my bulk. try to gain 1 pound a week, and if done properly, you won't gain too much bodyfat. Bulk until you get uncomfortable with your body fat, and then cut.

HILL
12-14-2005, 02:48 AM
Yeh obviously if your trying to keep bf down to an absoloute minimum then you could go for 1/2 pound a week but people tend to aim for a pound a a week and that seems to keep bf down. however if you arnt to botherd about upping the bf a bit you could bulk faster its your choice . aim for a 500 cal iper day ncrease and see what happens if you dnt get what you want add some more

HardToSquat
12-14-2005, 06:01 AM
ey guys I'm preparing to do a serious bulk. About how many lbs. should I try to gain and how much should my bf% increase? Or should I just bulk for a certain number of months? I'm 6'6" 200 lbs with 11% bf.

I am 6'3", 35 years old, and I started a bulk in mid-September of this year. I started out at 220.5 pounds wearing 36 relaxed fit jeans(I have a very large frame(hips, wrists, etc)) even when semi-cut.) I just weighed myself this morning three times and all three times say I am 232 now. I am still wearing my 36 relaxed fit jeans but they are somewhat tighter, not much, but somewhat. As I have said before on the forum, what I do is have 2-4 pair of pants. Your waist size doesn't lie about BF when you are bulking in my opinion. When my 36 loose fit jeans are untolerable, then I know my BF levels are where I do not want them to be, and it is time to stop the bulk. So far I will continue to bulk as I am still reasonably comfortable still in 36 relaxed fit jeans, which are one step smaller than the loose fit ones. Hope this helps some.