PDA

View Full Version : Eggs make my stomach upset?

Nongan
12-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Ok, so I have a problem. For breakfast, I usually eat 4 eggs with 3/4 cup low fat cottage cheese mixed in, and then scramble them. The problem I have is that every morning I eat this, my stomach is upset for the next 4-6 hours. Should I add some more carbs in? Or should I just eat less eggs? Thanks for the help!

Unreal
12-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Uhh, don't eat eggs then.

getfit
12-14-2005, 05:46 PM
well, if eggs bother your stomach why not switch to another type of breakfast, have some oats mix in some whey in there.

Minotaur
12-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Sounds like an allergy to eggs. Pretty common. My other half and sister-in-law are both allergic to eggs and get an upset stomach and funky burps. You can test it by taking a Benadryl. If you don't have the eggs reaction after the Benadryl then you have an egg allergy. But Benadryl can make you sleepy. Be careful.

Bikkstah
12-15-2005, 10:12 AM
I used to have trouble with eggs in the morning like that. Turns out I had Crohn's Disease.

Hope I didn't freak you out, haha.

malkore
12-15-2005, 11:18 AM
what if you don't mix in the cottage cheese, and reduce the egg yolks and add more egg whites? still upset your stomach?

if not, I think it's the lactose in the cottage cheese, not the eggs. I don't think it's a true food allergy as you should have a stronger reaction: itchy throat, sneezing, puffy eyes, hives, etc.

If you have none of those symptoms, just an upset stomach, and removing the cottage cheese doesn't make a differnce, you're probably just sensitive to eggs, rather than having a true allergy.

Nongan
12-15-2005, 06:37 PM
ok, thanks guys. I'll try some of the suggestions on here.