PDA

View Full Version : More Skinny, Less Fat

Skinny Fat
12-16-2005, 04:45 PM
CURRENT STATS (DEC. 15, 2005)
5'10"
195lb
Bench: 175x6 reps
Squat: (undetermined; working on form with 145 5x5s)
DL: (undetermined; added to routine Jan. 1)

Last New Year's, I sat at a doughy 225 with very little muscle whatsoever. For six months, I did a slow cut that ended at around 185 with greatly increased strength and muscle size - I've let myself sort of stagnate up another ten pounds or so, and this year is the year I really sculpt a whole new person. This is an open discussion of everything I'm thinking of for next year. Let me know one way or another if you think everything in here is feasible/right. Thanks!

1) The overall plan:

I've always been doughy. I am not a 'hard gainer.' For that reason, I need to get skinny first - I can ALWAYS add weight once I get my body in some sort of real shape. Trust me, the couple of times I've focused on lifting, the size has always jumped on me. My dad was a natty BBer in the 70s and 80s (very local and amateur), but he's the kind of guy who could accidentally be less than 10% body fat, and never was able to really put on the size he wanted. He always says that he could really make me into something if I had the right motivation. Well, he's about a thousand miles away right now, so all this is coming from my own motivation.

I'll be cutting probably through May 1; I hope to be below 10% BF at that point, whatever the weight may be. I'll be taking a BF reading over Christmas so I have a starting point. If I had to guess, I'd say I could be 165 without looking emaciated.

Starting May 1, I shift gears and start eating to slowly, cleanly bulk. My hope is to be 175 with 10% or less body fat - I want to see what my abs look like.

2) My first draft of 'the routine':

SUNDAY:
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
DL 5x5
Chins 5x5
Abs

MONDAY: Rest/aerobic

TUESDAY:
Chest/Shoulder/Tricep/Forearm
Decline Bench 10-8-6
Flies 10-8-6
Military 10-8-6
Shrugs 10x3
Skullcrushers / Close-grip 10x3
Twist the rope on the pipe x3

WEDNESDAY:
Bicep/Back/Legs/Abs
Squat 12-10-8
Pulldowns 10-8-6
Seated Rows 10-8-6
BB curls 10-8-6
Hammer curls 10-8-6
Lunges to failure
Calf raises 10x3
Leg ext 10x3
Abs

THURSDAY:
Chest/Shoulder/Tricep/Forearm
Decline Bench 10-8-6
Flies 10-8-6
Military 10-8-6
Shrugs 10x3
Skullcrushers / Close-grip 10x3
Twist the rope on the pipe x3

FRIDAY:
Bicep/Back/Legs/Abs
Squat 12-10-8
Pulldowns 10-8-6
Seated Rows 10-8-6
BB curls 10-8-6
Hammer curls 10-8-6
Lunges to failure
Calf raises 10x3
Leg ext 10x3
Abs

SATURDAY: Rest/aerobic

Alright, what's the consensus? Overtraining, undertraining, missed body parts, or a just plain dumb split? Remember, this is my 'cutting' exercise, and I basically want to build a strong, skinny base that I can start from when I start bulking. Trust me when I say I have plenty of strength potential I can tap into while cutting. Thanks for any advice, guys.