PDA

View Full Version : eating during the night

texlonghornz2
12-16-2005, 07:23 PM
hey i live n Jacksonville florida and i go to the HIT center. High Intensity Training, some of the pros use it and local big time high school players, well there was a TE from the Bolles football team that went from 220 to 245 within 4 months and he said he got up at like 2 am and ate a meal sitting by his bed!! Would this work, the HIT employees said its a good idea and so did the players at the HIT center, Donnovan Darius and Akin Adoyle

if so or not how many meals should i eat during a day? 6 or 8?

muscleup
12-16-2005, 07:36 PM
There is nothing wrong with waking yourself up in the middle of the night to eat, other than interupting your rest period. Probably best to eat something high in protein if you attempt this.

6 meals is usually good, but it's best to track all of the foods you eat each day. Knowing how many calories you are consuming on a daily basis is very important information, along with your protein-fat-carb ratios.

rookiebldr
12-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Yeah, many people have been able to add to their gains by adding the extra meal during the evening. A lot depends on your ability to fall back to sleep afterwords.

smalls
12-16-2005, 08:45 PM
That one meal has nothing magical or necassary in it any different than any other meal. But if it helps you get more calories than your burning then yes it will help you grow. I take in a shake at 4am when I pee every night while bulking as it makes it easier to get my calories.

HardToSquat
12-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Currently I am bulking and I eat just about every two hours I am awake. Before bedtime, I'll eat a 500+ calorie meal consisting of two servings of cottage cheese,two tablespoons of flax oil and three fish oil caps. If I wake at night to pee, I do as Smalls does, I will drink a prepared protein shake. I would not intentionally wake myself to eat at night though. My uninterrupted sleep is way more important to. I'll get the calories during the day if I have to.

Bob
12-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Donovan is a smart kid from SU... educated in all things physical.. and does a lot of experimentation on his own body. I remember him saying once that you have figure out what is best for your own body. Perhaps a touch more protein just before bed and when you wake up.. and then maybe something by the toilet if you pee at night.. otherwise, there just seems to be too much research out there says sleep - especially uninterrupted sleep - is what the body needs to recuperate correctly.

HILL
12-17-2005, 05:26 AM
All he is really doing is adding more calories meaning he is in a bigger calorie surplus. it would be the same if he ate this meal during the day i imagine. he may prefer however to do this or he may not have a casein based protein so takes some during the night instead. I have actually thought about doing so but from what i have read and from what i feel like after doing so i prefer to have a good night sleep.