PDA

View Full Version : Motivation

big calvin
12-17-2005, 05:30 PM
im having trouble sticking to a diet and now that my training is getting into gear i really want my diet and cardio to be up to par...so what im asking is what do u do for motivation? when your about to leave the gym and you know u should jump on the bike for a while..or when its late at night and your hungry and start walking to the fridge..when you eat your first meal perfect but then a hour or 2 later your tempted by krispy cream drive in(HOT SIGN HOT SIGN ON lol)?

what do u think about? say to your self?if u carry pictures of something... let me hear it please

thanks
calvin

JustLost
12-17-2005, 05:54 PM
so what im asking is what do u do for motivation?

For me, the goal is my motivation. So when I look at those donuts, I see something that's not going to help me add muscle, and not going to help me lose fat.

A lot of it's about building good habits, though. These days, I pretty much plan out my meals for each day, and rarely deviate from what I've planned. That lessens the temptation for me.

waynis
12-17-2005, 06:05 PM
Being healthy and avoiding doctor visits. looking good with your shirt off, stress management and helps fight depression. Those are big motivations of mine.

tigo
12-17-2005, 06:21 PM
discipline
being big

its pretty easy for me to eat well though... im not too big a fan of sugar

cphafner
12-17-2005, 08:05 PM
prepare everyhthing ahead of time, then you have everything ready and won't cheat.

maverick
12-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Don't have any junk foods in your house that are easily snacked upon, like chips, candies, etc. Keep things like nuts and fruit. Most foods I have in my house aren't easily prepared unless I make, then freeze ahead of time, thereby making it harder for me to snack on things that aren't good for me, or my diet.

Bikkstah
12-17-2005, 09:02 PM
I have no food to eat in the house except healthy stuff. There's no way I can sit in front of the TV and munch on a bag of chips. Having meals prepared in advance or with me when I know I'm going to be away at class is good too; I won't stop at Wendy's on the way home if there's a protein shake in the seat next to me.

Also, the tons of hot girls at the gym helps, and knowing they probably won't give me the time of day if I'm a fatty boom boom also helps.

Utopianhopes
12-17-2005, 09:02 PM
For myself, I realize competition bring out the best in me. So, I find ways to keep myself motivated. First 3 months of my cut my goal was to get myself in the best possible shape in order to beat my friend at basketball, now that I started a journal. Chris has helped me in that aspect as I want to win the race to 200lbs.

Beside that I like reading good quotes:

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
- Jim Ryun

What you have to do and the way you have to do it is incredibly simple. Whether you are willing to do it, that's another matter.
- Peter F. Drucker