PDA

View Full Version : All Nighters

tigo
12-19-2005, 07:21 AM
just wondering, how do you guys think i should count calories if i'm awake for more than 24 hours?
because right now i have finals and as i type this i have been awake for about 18 hours, but will be awake til about 11 PM PST tonight (its 6am rightnow)

should i just keep going and continue what i normally eat?

Paul Stagg
12-19-2005, 07:25 AM
What would not sleeping have to do with what you eat?

tigo
12-19-2005, 07:46 AM
?
because on a cut, you have a certain amount of calories you take in during a day, normally followed by a period of sleep
so if you dont sleep, does it have any sort of effect?
or does it just raise your maintenance for those days becuase yourenot sleeping?

HILL
12-19-2005, 07:49 AM
Id say eat what u normally do but spread it out more. However you will be that tired id have a carb binge or something like pasta and meat during the night otherwise ull be no good for anything

Shao-LiN
12-19-2005, 10:24 AM
?
because on a cut, you have a certain amount of calories you take in during a day, normally followed by a period of sleep
so if you dont sleep, does it have any sort of effect?
or does it just raise your maintenance for those days becuase yourenot sleeping?

You need to look beyond one day. If you're really anal about it...just eat whatever calories you have set for one day, then stop at the 24 hour mark. Personally, I would just make sure it all evened out at the end of the week.

malkore
12-19-2005, 01:49 PM
Well, right now you're pushign the body and mind beyond normal limits, so cortisol levels will be high.
High cortisol (so the research goes) hinders the body's ability to burn fat as fuel.

I would stick to the normal diet, but maybe lengthen the duration between meals by 30-45 mins so you don't get too hungry late at night.

Wether you are asleep or awake during those 8 hours most people normally sleep isn't that significant, unless you were working out. the difference in burned calories during sleep vs. sitting on yoru ass studying/writing papers and taking exams isn't that huge.