PDA

View Full Version : deeder's journal

deeder
12-19-2005, 06:33 PM
I've finally decided that I need my own journal... I spend enough time on this forum anyway :p To get the ball rolling, here's a few stats:

Weight: 171.5lbs

Bench Press: 180lbs
Deadlift: 300lbs
Squat: 240lbs (Did this today after my 5x5)

For those of you who may have seen my signature before I changed it; What I had on there as my PR for squats was in a smith machine... Until 3 weeks ago I squatted with a smith machine and boy oh boy does it make a diffence not using that smith!

I'm currently following a routine I found on www.animalpak.com as follows:

Monday: Quads/Hams
Squats
Leg Curls
Leg Extensions
Abs (Heavy cable pulldowns and DB oblique raises)

Tuesday: Back/Calves
Deadlifts
Shrugs
Toe Raises (5 sets of 12 reps)

Wednesday: OFF

Thursday: Back/Biceps

Behind-The-Neck Pulldowns
Front Lat Pulldowns
Seated Rows
Preacher Curls
Alternate Seated Dumbbell Curls
Abs

Friday: OFF

Saturday: Chest/Triceps

Flat Bench Presses
Incline Bench Presses
Incline Dumbbell Presses
Tricep Dips
Tricep Cable Pushdowns

Sunday: OFF

This will only be my second week on this program. I just switched from a very high volume routine that was burning me out pretty good... I've taken out a couple of sets from the original routine and I think I am going to switch Tuesday and Thursday's workouts.

For all the compound lifts I am using a 5x5 rep scheme. For any isolation work I am using a 3x8 rep scheme.

I guess after posting my routine I should tell you what I did today... Well, I didn't QUITE follow the routine today :rolleyes: I had a final this morning and so I had to cut my workout short. I decided the best way to do this was to do more squats and forget the isolation stuff ;)

I only did squats:
Warm-up on bike
Squat warm-up--> 5 x 45lbs, 5 x 130lbs
Working sets--> (5 x 160lbs) x 5
Then I added ten pounds, did one rep and repeated this until 220lbs. From there I added five pounds, did a rep and repeated until I hit 240lbs. By then I was freaking exhausted and didn't think I'd be able to do a rep at 245lbs.

240lbs is a personal record for me so far. Except the 260lbs x 6 I did in a smith machine a while back :p I'll have to plan near the end of my bulk to actually test my one rep max without doing my normal working sets before.

That's all for now folks! Any comments/advice are more than welcome!

-TIM-
12-19-2005, 06:55 PM
Hey good luck on your new routine. I would suggest switching your second back day and chest day around. That way you're giving your back more than a day or two to rest. You'll be overdoing it otherwise. Everything else looks good.

deeder
12-19-2005, 07:45 PM
Alright, Here's what my routine looks like after switching the days around:

Squats
Leg Curls
Leg Extensions
Abs (Heavy cable pulldowns and DB oblique raises)

Tuesday: Back/Biceps
Front Lat Pulldowns
Chins or Pullups
Bent over rows
Preacher Curls
Alternate Seated Dumbbell Curls
Abs

Thursday: Chest/Triceps
Flat Bench Presses
Incline Bench Presses
Incline Dumbbell Presses
Tricep Dips
Tricep Cable Pushdowns

Saturday: Back/Calves
Deadlifts
Shrugs
Toe Raises (5 sets of 12 reps) Chest/Triceps

tigo
12-19-2005, 10:23 PM
nice routine, its similiar to the one im doing in terms of split, or it use to be haha until i totally chopped it up :)

deeder
12-20-2005, 05:02 AM
nice routine, its similiar to the one im doing in terms of split, or it use to be haha until i totally chopped it up :)

Thanks! Like I said it's just one that I pulled off www.animalpak.com, they have a bunch of pretty decent routines and lots of really great motivational type articles.

Edit:
Oh yeah... Here's a quick update!

My legs are SOOOOOOOOOOO sore after that squat only workout yesterday!

deeder
12-20-2005, 01:12 PM
I had a pretty good workout all in all today. I did it in the morning before my final. Usually I am pretty slow in the mornings and don't find things too easy but today was alright.

Wide Grip behind-the-neck Pulldowns
(15x105lbs)
(5x155lbs)x5

Neutral Grip Pullups (Instead of front lat pulldowns, I forgot to change this on the routine I posted yesterday)
(5x BW+25lbs)x5

I did 5xBW+25lbs for 3 sets and two with only BW last week! So I patted myself on the back for this one :p

Seated Cable Rows
(5x175lbs)x2
(5x170lbs)x3

Seated DB Curl
(10x30lbs) each arm
(5x45lbs) x 3 each arm
Don't ask me why I did 3 sets of 5...

Preacher Curls
(15x65lbs)x3

Back and bi's... Ahhh.. It was pretty good.

I finally got my creatine order from AtLarge. Will start taking it today and hopefully put on a few pounds in the next few weeks :evillaugh

Weight today: 171.5

muscleup
12-20-2005, 02:41 PM
Sup deeder.

Ditch those fuggin wide grip behind the broke yo' neck pull downs. Your going to pull a groin muscle doing that sh!t. :D
Your pullups look solid bro. So do your seat'eds.

Where's your BO rows?~!
If you did some BB B0 rows you wouldn't have to do curls in the squat rack. <---j/k but not really.

Are you eating right now? You should be. I am...

deeder
12-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Sup deeder.

Ditch those fuggin wide grip behind the broke yo' neck pull downs. Your going to pull a groin muscle doing that sh!t. :D
Your pullups look solid bro. So do your seat'eds.

Where's your BO rows?~!
If you did some BB B0 rows you wouldn't have to do curls in the squat rack. <---j/k but not really.

Are you eating right now? You should be. I am...

Yeah I know everyone says get rid of them... I find I am really able to focus on my lats while I do them. I can't seem to get the same workout for my lats doing pullups or chins.

No bent over bb rows in this routine... If I were to throw them in somewhere where would you say they should go? On the day I do deads?

And about the curls in the squat rack... I could do them if I wanted... Barely anybody at my gym uses the racks :p

muscleup
12-20-2005, 05:26 PM
You could put B0 rows on your DL day, or you could get rid of the seated rows and do B0's instead?
Dunno, up to you. How much weight you looking to gain?

tigo
12-20-2005, 05:27 PM
^ wish my gym was like that kinda
i wouldnt have to wait in line :|

deeder
12-21-2005, 03:15 PM
You could put B0 rows on your DL day, or you could get rid of the seated rows and do B0's instead?
Dunno, up to you. How much weight you looking to gain?

Do you think BO rows would be more beneficial than seated cable rows?

I am looking to put on about another 10-15lbs before I do a cut for the summer.

^ wish my gym was like that kinda
i wouldnt have to wait in line :|

It's not as great as you'd think. I feel like a freak when I am doing squats and deads. :cry: I don't have big legs, but I look like a freaking monster compared to some people in my gym :p

muscleup
12-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Do you think BO rows would be more beneficial than seated cable rows?

I think BO rows are more of a compound movement than seat'eds. And for putting on another 10-15lbs before cutting for the summer, I would stick with compounds only.
10weeks from now will put you close to March, and 15 will bump you into April. That's if you can average 1lb at least per week. I would at least start cutting by April 1 if you want to be as lean as possible for summer.

I have a lot more fat on me than you do it looks like, so I am probably going to start cutting March 1. I'm also up 20lbs since I started...I know I am fat :D

deeder
12-21-2005, 10:48 PM
^^
Thanks for the tips! I will probably be putting those bent-over rows in...

I'm thinking I can extend my bulk a little bit longer than April because I'm looking to be at the end of my cut around mid-August. Hopefully I can sit down sometime over x-mas break here and plan this out a little better.

deeder
12-22-2005, 05:22 PM
Hell's yes! Today was a great workout! I was soooo pumped throughout and made some pretty good progress on the weights!

BB Bench Press
(15x90lbs)
(5x130lbs)
(5x160lbs) x 5 --> Last week I couldn't finish all the sets of 5 on this :p

DB Incline Press
(5x65's) x5

BB Incline Press
(12x100lbs)x2
(12x90lbs)

My pecs were soooo pumped after all this! My tris were DONE too!

Tricep Dips
(BW x 12)
(BWx11)
(BWx9)
These were sooooo hard! My tris were bulging when I finished each set!

Tricep Rope Pulldown
(5x75lbs)x3
I can usually do 8 at 75lbs but could only make 5 today... I wasn't too disappointed though because by this time my tris were absolutely wrecked!

I go to the gym at the university I attend and it will be closed after tomorrow... I'm going to go squeeze in one last workout before it's closed till the 2nd. I'm thinking of taking a week off then just doing day passes at the YMCA or something like that.. As long as it doesn't cost too much.

deeder
12-24-2005, 10:13 AM
Well... I went to the gym and realized it was only open until noon on the 23rd for whatever dumbass reason. So I didn't get to workout yesterday. It's now closed until January second.

I'll be taking a week off, keeping my diet in check, and then going back at it hard when this week is over :)

deeder
12-29-2005, 01:35 PM
Well, I haven't been to the gym in a few days... Not since the 22nd :(

It's been a week today so I am going to get back to the gym tomorrow. I'm getting a few day passes at the local YMCA because the university gym is still closed.

I'm going to post a few pics as soon as I can so you guys can see what I look like. I feel I am putting on a bit more fat than I would like. So I'm going to go back to my original plan of doing a light cut once I hit 180lbs. I think I was 174lbs last time I weighed myself.

Right now I'm getting around 3600calories a day and gaining 0.5 - 1lb / week. I'm going to drop that down 500calories at the start of my cut then probably another 500calories after 3 weeks or so. Hopefully drop a bit of bf and keep every last bit of muscle.

deeder
12-30-2005, 09:52 PM
I never knew a gym could be so damn terrible. I've officially discovered the worst gym in the world.

I decided to go to the gym they have at the city track complex because it was cheaper than the Y for a day pass... Well, bad choice..

Not a single barbell... DB's up to 80lbs and they were old as fuc|<. They were literally almost falling apart.

I had my mind set on doing a leg day today so I did it anyway...

Leg Extensions:
15 x 8 plates on the machine for 3 sets

Leg Curls:
15 x 6 plates on the machine for 3 sets

These were the worst machines I've ever used. It was SUPER easy to take the weight off the stack but got harder as you reached the end of the motion... And no, I'm not just stronger at the beginning of the motion.

DB squats:
These SUCKED. It would have been OK with decent DBs, but these things were falling apart. I did:
12 x 45's
8 x 60's for 3 sets
2 x 80's for 2 sets

I've never done or seen squats done with DB's but I didn't want to settle for the leg press... I kind of balanced them on my shoulders and held them like you would a bar for a front squat.. I don't think I'll be going there again.

deeder
01-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Well, the gym opened up today and I started the new year with a good back day!

5 minute warm-up on the bikes...

Deadlift:
12 x 130lbs for 2 sets
8 x 220lbs
3 x 310lbs for 3 sets
1 x 330lbs
1 x 340lbs (This is a personal best!)

Shrugs:
12 x 80lb dumbells for 3 sets (I didn't have straps with me today and my grip was sooo bad after those deads, I had a hard time holding on to these otherwise I would have gone heavier.)

Seated Calf Raises:
12 x 50lbs for 2 sets
12 x 60lbs
12 x 70lbs
12 x 90lbs

I was really happy with my deadlifting today! Woot!

Edit:
I just realized that this wasn't the workout I was supposed to do today. I forgot I had switched things around right before my x-mas break. I guess it really doesn't matter... I'll get things normal again by next monday... My classes start this thursday so by monday I'm sure I can be back into a routine :)

deeder
01-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Wow, I am really paying for those deads yesterday. My lower back is tighter than a *insert inappropriate saying here*. My hams are pretty sore too...

deeder
01-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Weighed in at 174.5lbs today. First chest day since before x-mas.

Flat BB bench press
90lbs x 15
130lbs x 5
165lbs x 1
160lbs x 5 for 5 sets

Incline DB bench press
65's x 5 for 5 sets

Incline BB bench press
100lbs x 12 for 2 sets
90lbs x 12

Tricep Dips
BW x 12, 11, 10

Calf Raises
12 x 70lbs for 5 sets

Tricep Pushdowns
8 x 75lbs for 3 sets

Maintained strength over x-mas break pretty well... It was a tough one though :p

deeder
01-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Wowzer! I stepped on the scale today and I was 177lbs. That's 2.5lbs up from 2 days ago. I'd say that was probably the booze and mcdonalds I had last night. I was still kind of hungover when I got to the gym (Something which is not fun). Today was a back day and it was pretty tough... I had trouble maintaining the weights I did last week:

Front Lat Pulldowns:
140lbs x 12 for 3 sets

Neutral Grip Chins
BW + 25lbs x 5
BW + 10lbs x 5 for 4 sets

Bent over BB rows
140lbs x 5 for 5 sets

Preacher Curls
60lbs x 15 for 3 sets

Seated Dumbbell Curls
45lbs x 4 (each arm)
45lbs x 5 for 2 sets

deeder
01-09-2006, 06:12 PM
The gym was PACKED today... I had to wait for a bloody squat rack! It was insane! I workout at the university gym and it's the first monday since classes have started... My guess is that most of the people there are people who made new years resolutions... :( I want the gym back to myself :( Once I finally managed to get a rack I did:

Squats:
15 x 40lbs
12 x 130lbs
5 x 160lbs for 3 sets
5 x 170lbs
5 x 180lbs
I'm going to try the 5x5 at 170 next week.. It was feeling way to easy at 160lbs so I bumped it up for the last two sets... The last set at 180lbs still wasn't even that hard...

My routine called for Leg extensions and leg curls but there were lines of 4 or 5 people for each machine so I did GHR's and Lunges instead...

GHR:
BW + 25lbs x 10, 9, 7
Never really done these before.. They were MUCH harder than I expected but damn could I ever feel them in my hams!

Lunges:
These were pretty tough too... I never do lunges
15 each leg w. 2 25lb db's
12 each leg w. 2 25lb db's for 2 sets

By this point I was having trouble walking properly :p On to some heavy cable pulldowns (I don't know what the weight was but I did 5 x 5 with the whole stack on a machine...) and then some standing oblique raises with a 90lb dumbell.

I was 177lbs again today when I weighed myself.. 3 more pounds to go until I start my cut! I don't care if I even just hit it for 1 day I am going to start my cut the next.. I am getting to be a fatass... I will probably try to drop about 10lbs of fat and keep all the muscle I can... Hopefully that will lean me out enough to start bulking again without cringing when I look in the mirror :p

Built
01-09-2006, 06:17 PM
I am so jealous that you have a GHR at your gym. And very glad that you're doing real squats! Welcome to the real world! ;)

deeder
01-09-2006, 07:14 PM
I am so jealous that you have a GHR at your gym. And very glad that you're doing real squats! Welcome to the real world! ;)

Glad I am doing real squats? Was I doing unreal ones before that I didn't know about?

Edit:
Oh, you must be talking about the smith machine squats I used to do. :rolleyes: Yeah... Real squats work much better and I am making progress it seems!

deeder
01-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Tuesday Jan. 10th

Either WBB was down or my computer wasn't liking me yesterday so I didn't get a chance to post my workout. So here's what I did yesterday:

Front Lat Pulldowns
140lbs x 12 for 3 sets

Chins
5 x BW + 10lbs for 4 sets
5 x BW

Bent over BB rows
140lbs x 5 for 5 sets

Preacher Curls
60lbs x 15 for 3 sets

Seated DB curls
40lbs x 5 for 5 sets

Weighed in at 180lbs so my cut starts today! :)

deeder
01-12-2006, 05:59 PM
Bam! 2nd day of cut! Chest day today and boy was I hungry! :p

Flat BB Bench Press
15 x 100lbs
8 x 130lbs
5 x 165lbs for 3 sets --> decided to go for a one rep max after these
1 x 180lbs So easy :)
1 x 190lbs Fairly Easy :rolleyes:
1 x 200lbs Struggled pretty good
1 x 210lbs Wouldda wound up with 210lbs on my chest if it weren't for a spot

Incline DB press
70's x 5
65's x 5 for 3 sets
65 x 4
65 x 3
Ugh... I'll blame missing those reps on having gone for the max

Incline Hammer Press
180lbs x 12
180lbs x 9
160lbs x 10
Everything felt so damn heavy

Dips
BW x 10, 10, 9

Tricep Pushdowns
75lbs x 8
80lbs x 8
85lbs x 7.523221
Just couldn't make that last rep with 85lbs

Calf Raises
80lbs x 12 for 5 sets

That's all for today folks... ;)

Mik
01-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Nice bench work man!

deeder
01-13-2006, 06:35 AM
Nice bench work man!

Thanks!

Mik
01-13-2006, 07:14 AM
Your maxes are similar to mine. I'll have to keep poking my head in here to keep me motivated.

deeder
01-13-2006, 06:40 PM
For future notice to myself and anyone who reads this: Don't run after deadlifts. It sucks.

Deadlifts
15 x 40lbs
8 x 130lbs
5 x 240lbs --> This felt a little light so I added a ten on each side for the rest of my 5x5
5 x 260lbs for 4 sets
I think I could easily achieve the goal of 270lbs x 8 for deadlifts that is in my current sig. However, since I have changed to a 5x5 routine that goal doesn't really fit with what I am doing. I've decided my new goal will be to do my 5x5 with 300lbs :cool: I will probably change my goals for squat and bench press to be 5x whatever weight is there too.

DB Shrugs
12 x 100's
12 x 110's for 2 sets

Did some oblique raises and weighted incline ab work after this. The routine I have near the beginning of this journal calls for calf raises on this day but as I have been tweaking it and moving days around I (unknowingly) wound up with abs on monday and tuesday and calves on thursday and friday. So, I'm switching the abs on tuesday for the calves on friday... If that makes sense :p

While I'm not really into a hard cut yet I am at my maintenance calories (or what my maintenance use to be) so I did some cardio today. I haven't done any cardio except training for waterpolo since September. I ran for 20mins on the treadmill with basically a lower-intensity HIIT :p My back was tightening up pretty good though... I think I might reserve cardio sessions for non-lifting days.

deeder
01-17-2006, 03:18 PM
I didn't get around to posting in here yesterday; so here's what I did today and yesterday:

Monday:

Squats
15 x bar
12 x 90lbs
5x170lbs for 5 sets

Leg Extensions:
105lbs x 15 for 3 sets

Lying Leg Curls
60lbs x 15
65lbs x 15 for 2 sets

Tuesday (Today)

Wide Grip Pulldowns
145lbs x 15 for 3 sets

Neutral Grip Pullups
5 x BW+10lbs for 5 sets

BO BB Rows
5 x 150lbs for 5 sets

Preacher Curls
15 x 65lbs for 2 sets
15x 60lbs

Seated Curls
5 x 40lbs for 5 sets

Calf Raises
12 x 70lbs for 3 sets

I weighed 174lbs today.

bschatz88
01-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Everything looking solid in here broski, keep up the fine work.

Skinny Fat
01-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Looking good - for a skinny dude. ;) Keep it up! Everything you're doing is realistic for me, so I'll have to keep checking on you for motivation.

tigo
01-17-2006, 05:54 PM
nice lifts man

deeder
01-18-2006, 06:29 PM
bschatz88 and albanat0r : thanks guys! I'll be making progress!

Skinny Fat : Not that skinny! I am probably around 15%bf right now!

deeder
01-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Alright, I guess this is the best place to post this. Since I have started a cut to hopefully drop to about 9-10% BF my girlfriend and I have decided to have a 6-pack competition. She's going to try and develop abs then get them to show and I just have to get that stubborn spare tire off my gut!

I attached pics of each of us and will post the final results when we declare a winner.

Oh, and the winner gets a free dinner and a movie. (Which means this is practically a farmer's bet because we always take each other out for stuff like that!)

deeder
01-19-2006, 05:57 PM
Chest Day:

Flat BB Bench
15 x 90lbs for 2 sets
8 x 130lbs
5 x 165lbs for 5 sets

Incline DB Press
5 x 65's for 4 sets
4 x 65's (I just couldn't get it up :()

Incline BB Press
12 x 100lbs
12 x 90lbs
12 x 80lbs

Tricep Dips
BW x 12,11,9

Tricep Pushdowns
8 x 80lbs
7 x 80lbs
8 x 80lbs.

Started doing some ab work after this and the fire alarms went off. We thought they may have been just testing the alarms as they have been doing that all around campus this week but after about 5 minutes the staff started rushing us out because "THey didn't know what was going on!"

Hopefully I still have a gym to go to tomorrow and it doesn't burn down tonight!

Mik
01-20-2006, 07:34 AM
Nice looking sessions man! It looks like you're both not far off from the 6 pack. Good luck.

Skinny Fat
01-20-2006, 08:42 AM
Yeah, looks like you guys will be on a sprint to a six-pack. My journey to the magical six-pack will be a marathon. Or maybe an ultra-marathon.

Death march?

bschatz88
01-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Nice workout bro. Looks like it's going to be a close race to the six-pack though, good luck!

deeder
01-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the encouragement guys! It is very much appreciated! I've been tossing around the idea of getting into powerlifting. I guess I'll really have to work on getting my lifts higher if I want to compete.

As for the six-pack competition, I hope I can beat her just so I can brag :p

Here's what I did Friday as I didn't post that day:

Deadlifts:
15xbar
8x130lbs
5x260lbs for 5 sets

DB Shrugs:
12x90's for 3 sets with a super set on the last one done with 65's
--> I really need to remember to bring my straps with me on fridays... I got myself out of the habit of using them for deadlifts but I just can't hold the db's for shrugs after...

Calf Raises:
12x80lbs for 5 sets

deeder
01-23-2006, 04:18 PM
I'm really beginning to feel the effects of this cut on my strength. I worked pretty hard to keep my lifts the same this week as they were last week.

I warmed up on a rowing machine today and really liked it. I've never used one before so I was probably doing alot of things wrong but it felt really good. I'm a waterpolo player so I have alot more endurance in my upper body. I got my heart rate up without feeling like my muscles were getting really tired. :)

Squats:
15 x bar for 2 sets
130lbs x 8
170lbs x 5 for 5 sets

Leg Extensions:
105lbs x 15 for 3 sets

Leg Curls:
75lbs x 15 for 3 sets

bschatz88
01-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Nice efforts with the last couple of workouts bro, despite the cutting. It looks like you're keeping your lifts at the same level, solid!

deeder
01-23-2006, 10:26 PM
Nice efforts with the last couple of workouts bro, despite the cutting. It looks like you're keeping your lifts at the same level, solid!

Thanks man, I appreciate the support! Hopefully I can suck it up and see a bit of progression too!

deeder
01-24-2006, 03:35 PM
I decided to switch things up a bit today on the back workout and it felt great! I just did pullups before I did lat pulldowns and I think I am going to stick with doing them that way! I felt it alot more in my lats and I was able to do alot higher weight pullups and keep my lat pulldowns almost the same weight:

Neutral Grip Pullups:
5 x BW+25lbs for 5 sets (That's 15lbs heavier than if I do these 2nd! I strapped up with a 10lb plate and it felt sooo light so I jacked it up.)

Front Lat Pulldowns:
15 x 145lbs for 2 sets
15 x 135lbs (If I could have made this set at 145lbs it would have been the exact same as when I did these first!)

Bent Over BB Rows:
5 x 160lbs for 5 sets! (That's 10lbs up from last week! Techno, caffeine and a great feeling after switching things around can overcome anything!)

Preacher Curls:
15 x 60lbs for 3 sets

Standing DB curls:
5 x 40lbs (each arm) for 5 sets

Calf Raises:
12 x 80lbs for 5 sets

I was feeling so good because I switched things around and it worked sooo nice that I had great intensity the whole workout. Even my cut couldn't hold me back today!

Mik
01-25-2006, 09:46 AM
Great workout deeder. Strong pullups.

bschatz88
01-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Solid workout bro! Nice work with the pullups as well as the BB Rows, both being very important lifts.

deeder
01-26-2006, 06:36 AM
Mik and Bschatz88, thanks for the continued support guys!

I'm heading to a waterpolo tournament in Edmonton this weekend so I'm going to have to break my diet for the weekend. There'd be no way I could play 3 games a day on low calories. But the added activity should make up for it!

In light of that I just did a light workout today (we leave tomorrow morning and play a game tomorrow night):

BB Bench Press:
15 x bar
15 x 90lbs
10 x 130lbs for 3 sets --> I worked on pausing at my chest for 2 seconds or so, keeping everything tight, then exploding up as fast as I could

DB Incline Press:
50's x 10 for 3 sets

BB Incline Press:
80lbs x 10 for 3 sets --> Used a WIDE grip and worked on speed on the way up.

Tricep Dips:
BW x 12 for 3 sets

Tricep Pushdowns:
60lbs x 15 for 3 sets --> Did these VERY slow... FEEL 'DA BURN!!!

Wish me luck for the tournament this weekend!

Mik
01-26-2006, 07:53 AM
Hopefuly the tourney isn't outside! :)

Good luck deeder.

deeder
01-26-2006, 02:54 PM
Hopefuly the tourney isn't outside! :)

Good luck deeder.

Nope, definately indoors... It's hard to play waterpolo outside when the water is covered with a good foot of ice ;)

deeder
01-30-2006, 04:00 PM
Well, I'm back from Edmonton. We played 3 games on Saturday and 1 game Sunday morning.

We lost our first game and then kicked ass in our 2nd and 3rd games. In the second game some kid tried to spin me to drive through and couldn't get by me so he started yelling and then ended up headbutting me. He literally grabbed me by the shoulders and headbutted me. Needless to say, for the rest of that game and our 3rd game (we played the same team twice in a row) he got the **** kicked out of him by my whole team. :) Our 4th game was another loss to the team we lost our first game to. It was pretty dissappointing. On the upside though, our three best players were missing. They are in Australia with the National team. When they get back we're gonna kick some serious ass all around ;)

I'm still pretty tired, sore and stiff from this weekend but I hit the gym anyway:

Squats:
15 x bar for 2 sets
8 x 130lbs
5 x 170lbs for 5 grueling sets of narrower than I usually do ATF squats

Leg Extensions:
15 x 105lbs for 3 sets

Leg Curls:
15x80lbs for 3 sets

I did 5 sets of 10 reps of cable crunches. I don't know what weight I use for these... I never really bother checking... I did this at 2 less than the stack on the machine. I can do a 5x5 fairly easily at 1 less than the stack and struggle doing a 5x5 with the full stack... With the full stack I need someone to hold my feet down though otherwise my knees come off the ground :p

Finished up with 15 minutes on a rowing machine.

Oh, also, I obviously had to go off my cut for this weekend otherwise I would have died in the pool :p I'm back up to 173lbs and I think I was down to 169lbs before the weekend. Hopefully this is just water weight from the additional carbs I was taking in. I don't feel fatter! :cool:

Skinny Fat
01-30-2006, 04:23 PM
You've probably still got some water left to cough out of your lungs - that's good for another pound, right? :)

Nice squats for a guy who spent the weekend wrestling a bunch of mostly-naked guys in the pool! j/k man, I bet you could swim circles around me all freakin' day!

deeder
01-30-2006, 07:06 PM
You've probably still got some water left to cough out of your lungs - that's good for another pound, right? :)

Nice squats for a guy who spent the weekend wrestling a bunch of mostly-naked guys in the pool! j/k man, I bet you could swim circles around me all freakin' day!

I don't think I inhalled too much, but I definately drank my fair share!

Mostly naked? Come on, speedos aren't THAT revealing! :p hahahah

deeder
01-31-2006, 09:27 PM
Ugh... Morning workout... I only had about 5 hours of sleep last night (don't ask) so I wasn't feeling so pumped this morning. Also, I slept in later than I wanted to and had to cut out the bicep curls at the end :(:p

I wish I could have done this workout this afternoon then I could have done everything I'm supposed but here's what I did:

Pullups:
BW + 25lbs x 5 for 5 sets

Front Lat Pulldowns:
145lbs x 15 for 2 sets
135lbs x 15

Bent Over BB rows:
160lbs x 5 for 5 sets

That's all I got around to... Oh well, atleast I only missed some curls...

Check the pics section I am about to upload some new pics ;)

deeder
02-01-2006, 05:08 PM
So I finally got around to getting some body fat calipers today. I used this (http://www.rustyiron.net/formmal7.htm) site to calculate my BF with a 7 point test. After all the pinching I came out to 10.6% bf. I don't know how accurate this is... With a 1 pinch test I was 12.5%, 3 pinch I was 16.4%.

Check out my pics on the picture section and tell me what you think. 10.6% might be accurate as pretty much all my fat is on my belly and chest :p

deeder
02-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Another morning workout... I'm starting to think getting a 2nd job wasn't the Greatest idea in the world :p

BB Bench Press:
90lbs x 15
165lbs x 5 for 5 sets

DB incline Press:
65's x 5 for 5 sets

BB incline Press:
90lbs x 12 for 3 sets

Tricep Dips:
12 x BW for 3 sets

Tricep Pushdowns:
8 x 80lbs for 3 sets

The cut is coming along well. I'm getting used to 2000cals a day... I don't feel so hungry anymore which is a bonus! People said I shouldn't be doing a cut since I'm fairly lean and not very big but whatever... I want to get nice and cut before I start bulking again. I really wasn't happy with the results of my last bulk because it wasn't very clean so I am going to have to clean things up before I start my next bulk!

Mik
02-03-2006, 08:08 AM
The cut is coming along well. I'm getting used to 2000cals a day... I don't feel so hungry anymore which is a bonus! People said I shouldn't be doing a cut since I'm fairly lean and not very big but whatever... I want to get nice and cut before I start bulking again. I really wasn't happy with the results of my last bulk because it wasn't very clean so I am going to have to clean things up before I start my next bulk!

Sounds like things are dialing in nicely. Keep up the good work deeder!

KevinStarke
02-03-2006, 08:34 AM
Solid workout man nice benchin!

Skinny Fat
02-03-2006, 09:19 AM
Nice job, man. Solid benching - sounds like you're movin' on up, even while you're losing weight. A second job? Less time for working out and that hot girlfriend of yours?? Are you crazy? ;)

tigo
02-03-2006, 10:03 AM
keep up the good work man

deeder
02-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Mik - The diet is coming along well. I am losing weight consistently and getting more and more cut :) :clap:

Skinny Fat, KevinStarke and albanat0r - Thanks guys. I seem to be making a little bit of progress even though I am cutting.

deeder
02-04-2006, 12:05 AM
We decided to switch things up a bit today... Instead of deadlifts we did rack pulls (Ruffian knee was hurting while we were warming up :p)

Rack Pulls:
15 x 130lbs
8 x 220lbs
5 x 310lbs
5 x 360lbs for 4 sets

*STUPIDITY NOTE* -- About an hour before working out I put some hand lotion on... NOT a good idea! The bar was slipping in my hands no matter what I did... My hands are still raw and I had to use my straps for all the heavy ones!

DB shrugs:
10 x 105lbs for 3 sets

Calf Raises:
15 x 90lbs for 5 sets

Built suggested Ruffian add in some shoulder work so I figured I'd do the same... So we started doing arnies, incline rear raises and front lateral raises.

Arnies:
10 x 40lbs
10 x 35lbs for 2 sets (These were hard as my front delts were still tired from benching yesterday!)

Incline Rear Raises:
20lbs x 10 for 2 sets
15lbs x 10

Front Lateral Raises:
10 x 15lbs for 3 sets

Built
02-04-2006, 12:09 AM
I'd suggest side laterals instead of front laterals. Front delts get a heavy hit from pec work anyway - Arnies hit front and side, so the side delts afterward will hit them pre-exhausted.

Those hands sound painful. OUCH!

Mik
02-04-2006, 10:33 AM
Nice rack! Uh, I mean nice rack pulls.

deeder
02-04-2006, 11:42 AM
I'd suggest side laterals instead of front laterals. Front delts get a heavy hit from pec work anyway - Arnies hit front and side, so the side delts afterward will hit them pre-exhausted.

Those hands sound painful. OUCH!

Ah, sounds good! Will change that up next week! I could definately feel my front delts were sooooo weak after the chest workout the day before.

Mik -- Thanks.. I think :scratch:

KevinStarke
02-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Strong rack pulls way to hit it man.

bill
02-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Come to check the journal and get a chuckle out of the hand lotion. LOL Way to overcome!

Clifford Gillmore
02-04-2006, 09:22 PM
*STUPIDITY NOTE* -- About an hour before working out I put some hand lotion on... NOT a good idea! The bar was slipping in my hands no matter what I did... My hands are still raw and I had to use my straps for all the heavy ones!

An hour and your hands were still slippery? Vaseline or what man! :p If its for callouses, use something with a higher Vitamin E level - And a little more sparingly.

deeder
02-04-2006, 11:21 PM
An hour and your hands were still slippery? Vaseline or what man! :p If its for callouses, use something with a higher Vitamin E level - And a little more sparingly.

It was more just because anytime I put lotion on, if I'm working out I sweat more because of it...

deeder
02-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Kevin - Thanks man.

Bill - Glad you had a laugh :p I'll be here all week folks!

deeder
02-07-2006, 09:45 PM
Well, monday's workout was both good and bad. I set a new PR for squats and I hurt my back (not even while squatting though!)

I planned on doing the whole workout but wanted to go for a 1rep max so instead of my usual 5x5 for squats here's what I did:

Squats:
15 x bar
8 x 130lbs
2 x 180lbs
1 x 200lbs
1 x 220lbs
1 x 230lbs
1 x 240lbs
1 x 250lbs

So, after that one at 250lbs I went to spot ruffian on a squat and she ended up dropping it on the lower bars of the squat rack... It was only 90lbs so I went to put it back up on the top bars and pulled something in my back (My own fault, I picked it up all wierd...)

I could hardly breath for a few minutes it hurt so much then it loosened up a bit and I decided I would see if I could continue with my squats because 250lbs came up pretty easy so I wanted to try for more...

Well, I got the 250lbs on my back and moved about 1.5 inches down before pain started shooting through my back.

I put some deep cold on later and took an advil (which I NEVER do --> It knocked me right out; I started falling asleep at the computer and had to go to bed for like 3 hours). My back was pretty stiff all night and today was kind of sore in the morning..

It feels alright now, so I think tomorrow I will make up the workout that I missed today.

It really sucks that this happened though. I think I could have easily put up 260 or 265lbs!

Meat_Head
02-07-2006, 10:27 PM
You're making good progress deeder, keep up the hard work! Go easy on your back for a while, give it heat and cold. Working on your hamstring and glute flexibility will go a long way towards preventing back injury. Also, when you max out on squats or deadlifts always wear a belt. Sorry for jacking your picture thread, I'll be checkin in here though!

deeder
02-07-2006, 10:39 PM
You're making good progress deeder, keep up the hard work! Go easy on your back for a while, give it heat and cold. Working on your hamstring and glute flexibility will go a long way towards preventing back injury. Also, when you max out on squats or deadlifts always wear a belt. Sorry for jacking your picture thread, I'll be checkin in here though!

I know how to stretch my hamstrings and admitedly have pretty poor flexibility... What are some good stretches for glutes though?

It wasn't even while I was squatting that I hurt my back! :p

Don't worry about the pic thread... It had ran it's course.. I didn't think you were flaming me really. I'm cutting until I have a nice 6-pack then I'm gonna bulk nice and slow/clean up to probably about 200lbs and see what I look like.

Meat_Head
02-07-2006, 11:09 PM
http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=05-085-training

There are some great stretches there, do them often and you'll see a big improvement!

Oh and get started on the overhead squats anytime, I'd actually recommend getting good at them before going heavy with olympic lifts. It'll take you a bit of practice to build up the balance and flexibility to do them properly, but once the form snaps into place you'll progress quick.

Focused70
02-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Alright, Here's what my routine looks like after switching the days around:

• Squats
• Leg Curls
• Leg Extensions
• Abs (Heavy cable pulldowns and DB oblique raises)

Tuesday: Back/Biceps
• Front Lat Pulldowns
• Chins or Pullups
• Bent over rows
• Preacher Curls
• Alternate Seated Dumbbell Curls
• Abs

Thursday: Chest/Triceps
• Flat Bench Presses
• Incline Bench Presses
• Incline Dumbbell Presses
• Tricep Dips
• Tricep Cable Pushdowns
• Toe Raises (5 sets of 12 reps)

Saturday: Back/Calves
• Deadlifts
• Shrugs
• Toe Raises (5 sets of 12 reps) Chest/Triceps

But no shoulder work? [edit: I see you did add some shoulder work from reading above. Nice. Try doing shrugs on whatever day you do shoulders as I find that you get enough work on deads.]

That's quite a bit of volume for calves.

You might consider doing SLDLs or RDLs instead of leg curls.

Interesting split otherwise. :spam:

Mik
02-08-2006, 09:48 AM
How's the back feeling?

deeder
02-08-2006, 04:01 PM
How's the back feeling?

Pretty good... A little stiffness but it's not sore anymore. I'm gonna make up my tuesday workout tonight and just take it easy to make sure I don't hurt it again. If it starts to hurt at all during the workout I'll just call it quits and do some stretches...

deeder
02-08-2006, 08:16 PM
Woot! I had a great workout today!

I warmed up for a few minutes on a bike then went into it...

Neutral Grip Pullups:
5 x BW --> Just to make sure these wouldn't irritate my back... They didn't and I was just flying up like nothing so I figured for my actual 5x5 I'd add some weight from last week
5 x BW + 30lbs for 5 sets

Pulldowns:
12 x 145lbs for 3 sets

BO BB Rows:
160lbs x 5 for 2 sets --> These are where the stiffness in my back started to hold me back.. It still didn't hurt but I just seemed weak
150lbs for 3 sets

Preacher Curls:
15 x 60lbs
15 x 70lbs
13 x 70lbs, just couldn't get the last few out
*I count the preacher curl bar as 30lbs, is that right?*

Seated DB Curls:
5 x 40lbs for 5 sets

I felt really good today. I think it might have to do with the fact that I had to go a bit later and had more food in me before I worked out.

I seem to be stuck at 169.5lbs though. I will get the bf calipers out this weekend sometime and see if there's any difference. Maybe I'm going through the all elusive body recomposition! :p

Mik
02-09-2006, 07:36 AM
Great looking session deeder. Strong numbers.

KevinStarke
02-09-2006, 07:37 AM
Nice workout deeder strong pullups.

deeder
02-09-2006, 09:47 PM
Today was another morning workout... It started off good, I was feeling really strong but seemed to take a turn for the worse; I just started failing... Not really feeling tired but just couldn't move the weight:

BB Bench Press:
90lbs x 15
130lbs x 8
170lbs x 5 for 3 sets
170lbs x 3
160lbs x 4 --> Ugh.....

Incline DB Press:
65's x 5 for 5 sets

Tricep Dips:
BW x 12 for 2 sets
BW x 10

Incline BB Press: (These are always WIDE grip)
90lbs x 10 for 3 sets

Tricep Pushdowns:
80lbs x 8 for 3 sets

deeder
02-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Here's what I did Friday:

Deadlifts:
- I didn't want to go with too big of weights because I was worried I would hurt my back again. So I used a lower weight than usual and did them as fast as I could on the way up and took about 4 seconds to get back to the ground.

bar x 15 for 2 sets
130lbs x 12
200lbs x 3 for 8 sets

Rear Delt Raises:
15lbs x 10 for 3 sets

Side Delt Raises:
20lbs x 10 for 2 sets
25lbs x 10

DB Shrugs:
110lbs x 10 for 3 sets

Calf Raises:
90lbs x 12 for 5 sets

-TIM-
02-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Way to take it easy on your back. You only have one, and it's a bitch to get healthy again after an injury.

deeder
02-12-2006, 09:40 PM
I think I am becoming obsessed with squats.

I spent a good part of today (Sunday) thinking about how I can't wait to squat tomorrow! Maybe it has something to do with setting a new PR last week for 1-rep max and feeling like I could have done more before I injured my back.

I really can't wait to squat tomorrow though! If I didn't have to spend the morning working and all afternoon and evening writting an essay I might have gone to the gym today instead of tomorrow just so I could squat!

SQUATTING IS TAKING OVER MY MIND!

Clifford Gillmore
02-13-2006, 06:22 AM
Morning workouts suck. I need at least 8000cals nowadays before I feel safe to work, I needs me energy.

deeder
02-13-2006, 07:24 AM
^^
That's what I eat in 4 days! Cutting sucks!:windup:

-TIM-
02-13-2006, 03:08 PM
****, you're cutting and setting PR's. Nice work D.

deeder
02-13-2006, 04:14 PM
****, you're cutting and setting PR's. Nice work D.
Yeah, it's great! I still seem to be making progress all around... It's very slow coming but I am definately making progress! I also think I am cutting up pretty good!

deeder
02-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Hahha! I used to hate leg days.. In fact, I hated them so much that I never did them! I really only started training legs about 4 months ago I guess but I love leg days now! I don't know what was wrong with me!

I decided to try something different today... For some reason I am still doing leg curls and leg extensions even though I know there are superior mass building exercises. So I did some SLDL and lunges today. I could barely walk when I was leaving the gym :)

Squats:
15 x bar
8 x 130lbs
5 x 170lbs for 5 sets
- I did a very slow negative today and am really working on getting some serious depth. I go below parallel and feel I am going ATF. I wish I had a video camera so I could show a vid.

SLDL:
12 x 180lbs for 3 sets

Lunges: (done with a DB in each hand)
40lbs x 11 each leg
40lbs x 10 each leg for 2 sets

Abs -- Cable Pulldowns:
210lbs x 5 for 2 sets
225lbs x 5 for 3 sets
- for once I decided to write down the numbers instead of just knowing I can do one less than the stack (210lbs) for a 5x5... I think next time I'll be able to do the 5x5 with the whole stack as the last 3 sets weren't THAT much harder... But I'll need someone to sit on my legs :windup:

All in all, a good workout! I was looking forward to it and felt great throughout! I think my squat form is still improving... Today I felt it in my hams doing squats like I never have before. I hope that means I'm doing something right!

ArchAngel777
02-13-2006, 04:31 PM
DEEDER DEEDER!!! NEENER NEENER!!! Can't catch me...

Say, great journal and progress. Couldn't help but notice your old dislike of working the good ole legs out... That was a difficult one for me to learn too... But after seeing a bunch of chest + heads, I realized legs were important. Thankfully I figured this out at a young age. Keep up the great work sport!

deeder
02-14-2006, 09:23 AM
^^^
Thanks.. I think :p

Anyway! Here's what I did this morning:

Neutral Grip Pullups:
BW + 35lbs x 5 for 5 sets

Front Lat Pulldowns:
145lbs x 12 for 3 sets

BO BB Rows:
160lbs x 5 for 5 sets

Seated DB Curls:
5 x 40's for 5 sets

Preacher Curls:
15 x 60lbs
15 x 65lbs for 2 sets

Calf Raises:
90lbs x 12 for 5 sets

I'm gonna keep complaining about these damn morning workouts until I never have to do them again :p I HATE MORNING WORKOUTS!!!!

-TIM-
02-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Nice squirts deeder. Your SLDL's make me sick. I hate'em, and I never go over 6 reps per set. You're a better man than I am.

KevinStarke
02-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Nice back and arm work deeder

deeder
02-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Tim - I thought you were the one with the squirts? :p I'm thinking I will keep doing SLDLs instead of leg curls. My legs and ass are SOOOO sore today! I love it :p

Kevin - Thanks!

deeder
02-16-2006, 11:41 AM
So yesterday I bought a bottle of "Six Star Body Fuel Nitric Oxide Stimulator". I don't know how good it's supposed to be but it's the cheapest NO2 supplement I've found so far. It contains L-arganine, creatine monohydrate (pointless because I take 5g a day anyway...) and AKG-arganine. I think that was all under the 'medical ingredients'. All that together is supposed to be 2.8g; it doesn't say anywhere on the bottle what the breakdown is and I haven't gotten around to searching for that on the internet yet.

Anyway, I took my first serving of it this morning before my workout. I noticed some added energy (which was great since I worked out early this morning) and had a much bigger pump than usual --> this kind of surprised me as a do a 5x5 and usually don't get very much of a pump at all.

Here's what I did:

BB Bench Press:
bar x 15
90lbs x 15
130lbs x 8
170lbs x 5 for 4 sets
170lbs x 4 (just couldn't get the last rep)

DB Incline Press: There are two kinds of dumbells at my gym and today I used the ones which seem to be heavier... I usually use the 65's of the lighter ones. I don't know if there is actually a difference in the weight; it may just be the weight distribution but who knows.
65's x 5 for 4 sets
65's x 4 (failed on the last rep of the last set again)

BB Incline Press:
90lbs x 12 for 3 sets

Tricep Dips:
BW x 12, 10, 12
(I got a huge pump from these!)

Tricep Pushdowns:
80lbs x 8,7,6
I just had nothing left in the tank for these.

Abs - Cable Pulldowns:
225lbs x 5 for 5 sets
(WOOT! The whole stack!)

Con
02-16-2006, 02:33 PM
Nice workout, my workouts always seem so much simpler than everyone elses that I read. Not to mention I dont know exactly what all these exercizes are.
Btw I read what you said about squats, thats how I am about later today, I want to try my personal best again.

deeder
02-17-2006, 07:43 AM
^^^

It's not really a very complicated workout at all... Good luck with the PB but don't go for them too often. Once every couple months or so is probably smart ;)

deeder
02-17-2006, 07:45 AM
Well folks, no weights for a little over a week. I leave for BC to go snowboarding today!

I'm sure I'll be glad for the break but I'll also be ready to hit it hard again after the break!

Hopefully I don't break anything :p

KevinStarke
02-17-2006, 07:54 AM
Have fun man

Con
02-17-2006, 01:36 PM
Yea enjoy your self

deeder
02-27-2006, 04:53 PM
Well, I got back from BC on Saturday. (It was awesome by the way!)

I had my first workout since I got back today... I was kind of worried because it's a leg workout and I just spent a week snowboarding that I wouldn't do so hot but it went really well!

Squats:
bar x 15
130lbs x 8
175lbs x 5 for 5 sets

SLDL:
180lbs x 12 for 3 sets

BB Lunges:
80lbs x 10 for 3 sets

I did some ab/oblique and rotator cuff work after.

I completely went off my diet while I was in BC.. Junk galore and way too much food! I hope all the extra activity kind of balanced it off! :)

deeder
02-28-2006, 06:56 AM
The weight I put on while I was away seems to have been water weight... I am back down to what I was before I left this morning.

Neutral Grip Pullups:
- When I was doing these a bunch of RCMP trainees were being tested on BW dips and pullups. It was sooo funny watching half of these guys fail on 2 or 3 pullups and then strapping on my 35lb weight and completing my 5x5. They all gawked at me :p

Front Lat Pulldowns:
150lbs x 12
150lbs x 9 for 2 sets

BO BB Rows:
160lbs x 5 for 5 sets

Preacher Curls:
65lbs x 15 for 3 sets

Calf Raises:
95lbs x 12 for 5 sets

Mik
02-28-2006, 07:00 AM
Neutral Grip Pullups:
- When I was doing these a bunch of RCMP trainees were being tested on BW dips and pullups. It was sooo funny watching half of these guys fail on 2 or 3 pullups and then strapping on my 35lb weight and completing my 5x5. They all gawked at me :p

Nice work deeder. Gotta love those stares. I always get thos doing dips.

KevinStarke
02-28-2006, 07:51 AM
Nice back and bi work man.

Meat_Head
02-28-2006, 09:07 AM
Neutral Grip Pullups:

:thumbup:

People are always impressed by weighted pullups! Keep up the good work.

deeder
03-02-2006, 06:46 AM
Oh man... This morning's workout sucked... I felt so weak. I think I caught a bit of a cold from Ruffian so that probably has something to do with it.

BB Bench press:
15 x bar
8 x 130lbs
5 x 170lbs for 3 sets
4 x 170lbs
3 x 170lbs

DB Incline Press:
65's x 5 for 3 sets
60's x 5 for 2 sets

BB Incline Press:
90lbs x 12 for 3 sets

Tricep Dips:
BW x 11, 12, 11

Tricep Pushdowns:
150lbs x 8, 7, 7 --> I did these on a different pulley machine than I usually use and the weights were way different.

AB Cable Pulldowns: This was the only exercise I didn't feel weak.
210lbs x 10 for 3 sets (One less than the stack -- the 5x5 at the whole stack is becoming easy :p)

KevinStarke
03-02-2006, 07:28 AM
Solid lifting man, sorry to hear about the possible cold though.

deeder
03-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Well, today's workout went alot better... I'm still not really feeling 100% though... Really stuffed up and a bit of a headache... Anyway, here's what I did:

Rack Pulls:
130lbs x 12
220lbs x 8
400lbs x 5 for 3 sets
450lbs x 5 for 3 sets

DB Shrugs:
100's x 10 for 3 sets

Arnies:
35's x 10 for 3 sets

Rear Delt Raises:
12lbs x 10
15lbs x 10 for 2 sets

Side Delt Raises:
20lbs x 10
25lbs x 10 for 2 sets

KevinStarke
03-03-2006, 11:48 AM
awesome rack pulls man, real strong.

Mik
03-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Those rack pulls are monstrous! Nice work man.

deeder
03-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Thanks Kevin and Mik. I was getting some pretty wierd looks... I was at the gym around noon today while all the curl jockeys were there :P

deeder
03-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Another good leg day :) I have really truly fallen in love with working my legs:

Squats:
15 x bar
8 x 130lbs
5 x 180lbs for 5 sets (5 pounds up from last week, and 10lbs up from 2 weeks ago!)

SLDL:
180lbs x 12 for 3 sets

BB Lunges:
80lbs x 12 for 3 sets

AB Cable Pulldowns:
210lbs x 10 for 3 sets

I'm never dissapointed on a leg day. I just don't seem to have off days when it comes to working my legs :thumbup:

deeder
03-06-2006, 08:56 PM
Oh, one other thing! I was at a buddies last night and we decided to test our 1-rep maxes for bench press. My previous best was 200lbs. I put up 215lbs with very little struggle. I think I could have easily put up 225lbs but the small bar he had (25lbs) didn't have enough room on it for more weights! Maybe in a couple of weeks I will try it at the gym and see if I can do 225 or 230 :)

Meat_Head
03-07-2006, 12:15 AM
Well done deeder! Good to see you pileing weight on that squat bar

Skinny Fat
03-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Nice lifts, man... looks like the time off didn't hurt you at all!

deeder
03-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Meat_Head: Thanks man. Hopefully I'll get it up to some respectable numbers soon!

Skinny_Fat: Doesn't seem to have! I cheated so much on my diet while I was gone so maybe I just got to do some extra recovery that my cut wasn't allowing.. or something :p

deeder
03-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Well, I had a good back workout this morning... I bumped up the weight on my pullups and did DB rows instead of BB rows (just for a change).

Neutral Grip Pullups:
BW + 40lbs x 5 for 4 sets
BW + 40lbs x 4 (ugh.. It was close...)

DB Rows:
5 x 70lbs for 5 sets

Front Lat Pulldowns:
12 x 150lbs for 2 sets
10 x 150lbs

Preacher Curls:
15 x 65lbs for 3 sets (WHOA! I had a HUGE pump today! :p)

Seated DB Curls:
5 x 40's for 3 sets

deeder
03-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Hmmm... I guess I didn't update my journal for March 9th (Thursday) so here's what I did:

I had a pretty crappy workout actually... I'm gonna start changing things up for my chest because I'm not making progress/undoing progress it seems:

BB Bench Press:
15 x 90lbs
5 x 130lbs
5 x 170lbs for 2 sets
4 x 170lbs
3 x 170lbs --> I was pretty pissed with myself on this one... Probably should have lowered the weight... I did the next set with a full 1 second pause on my chest.
5 x 150lbs

Incline DB Press:
12 x 50's for 3 sets (I usually do 5x5 with 65's)

Chest Dips: (Instead of bb incline + tricep dips)
BW x 10,9,10

Tricep Pushdowns: (I used a straight bar attachement... I usually use one of those triangle attachements)
150lbs x 4 --> using the straightbar was alot harder than I thought it would be :p
120lbs x 8 for 2 sets

Today's workout went alright... The ECA I am taking is working too well though :p. I went to the gym at 5 and had only eaten 600 calories before that. I just wasn't hungry all day... I definately noticed the lack of energy on my rack pulls:

Rack Pulls:
130lbs x 15
220lbs x 8 for 2 sets
400lbs x 5 for 5 sets... I did the first set without straps and my grip failed after the 3rd rep on the second set... I was going to try to do 3 sets at 450lbs seeing as I did 2 last week but I couldn't even get it off the rack :(

DB Shrugs:
100's x 10 for 3 sets

Arnies:
35's x 10 for 3 sets

Rear Lat Raises:
15's x 10 for 3 sets

Side Lat Raises:
25's x 10 x 3

Calf Raises:
100lbs x 12 for 5 sets

That's all folks!

deeder
03-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Monday March 13:

Legs!

Squats:
15 x bar
10 x 90lbs
3 x 150lbs
5 x 185lbs for 3 sets
1 x 205lbs
1 x 210lbs (failed on this one... wow I was fried!)

SLDL:
190lbs x 12 for 3 sets

Lunges:
90lbs x 10 for 3 sets

Well.. After the leg work I began doing AB work as usual... Only this day it took a turn for the worse.

For those of you who have been following my journal you may remember that I had a bit of a back injury a while back. Well, it happened again. I was doing DB oblique raises and that same shooting pain hit me. I could barely breath, it was 10x worse than last time. I loaded myself with asprin for the rest of the night and could barely move without being in agony.

Tuesday I went to see a doc to make sure it wasn't anything too serious. It was just a muscle strain as I suspected. I spent Tuesday laying around jacked up on asprin and with a hot water bottle on my back which helped a TON!

It's wednesday and it's already feeling alot better. No real pain except if I move in the wrong way. It's pretty stiff and such...

I'm taking the rest of the week off and maybe some of next week too. I have an appointment next tuesday for massage therapy so hopefully after that I will be ready to get back to the gym.

I swear this kind of **** only happens when I cut. :p

Meat_Head
03-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Stretching, stretching, and more stretching for your lowerbody. Careful with that back dude, you only get 1 in life! :D

If you wana change up your chest training you should try declines or dumbell press, they always switch out with bench presses well.

deeder
03-15-2006, 07:34 PM
Stretching, stretching, and more stretching for your lowerbody. Careful with that back dude, you only get 1 in life! :D

If you wana change up your chest training you should try declines or dumbell press, they always switch out with bench presses well.

I might look into physiotherapy to figure out what stretches and stuff I need to start doing...

I think that's what I'm gonna do for chest when I get back at it :) thanks!

Skinny Fat
03-16-2006, 08:49 AM
Dude, if that's you in the avatar, good job on the cutting! :) May be time to eat again!

deeder
03-17-2006, 12:24 AM
Dude, if that's you in the avatar, good job on the cutting! May be time to eat again!

I've thought about starting back on a real slow bulk lately. Here's a comparison as to where I was 2 months ago:

Before

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/deeder1986/absbefore.jpg

After

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/deeder1986/abs.jpg

I've lost about 12-15lbs. All those who vote I win the six pack contest (http://64.191.89.25/showpost.php?p=1276967&postcount=36) say Aye!

Mik
03-17-2006, 07:01 AM
Aye! I just noticed your avatar too. Nice work deeder. You beat me....I'm still cutting. BASTARD!

Skinny Fat
03-17-2006, 08:08 AM
*ahem*

I'm sorry, but I'm going to need some pictures of that girlfriend of yours before I can vote. :D

That's just good voting policy!

deeder
03-17-2006, 10:08 AM
*ahem*

I'm sorry, but I'm going to need some pictures of that girlfriend of yours before I can vote. :D

That's just good voting policy!

As long as you promise not to do anything.... uhhh... obscene outnumber

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/deeder1986/Kristenabs2.jpg

That was taken the same day as my update pic :)

Mik -Thanks for the vote!

Skinny Fat
03-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Well, make sure she reads that she did a great job, but obviously you have to have won the 6-pack award. More weighted ab work!

deeder
03-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Well it's been a while since I updated this...

I worked out on Monday although I took it pretty easy for fear of irritating my back. I had a massage on tuesday (it was great!) and a good back workout:

Neutral Grip Pullups:
BW + 40lbs x 5 for 5 sets

Front Lat Pulldowns:
150lbs x 12 for 3 sets

Bent Over DB Rows:
75's x 5 for 5 sets

Preacher Curls:
65lbs x 15
70lbs x 15
70lbs x 11

Seated DB Curls:
40's x 5 for 5 sets

Calf Raises:
100lbs x 12 for 5 sets

My back feels pretty much 100%. The doc and massage therapist both said there was nothing serious; muscle sprain and very minor tear in my erector and lat. I'll be taking it very easy when doing any bending movement to the sides and I'll see how I feel for deads on Friday.

deeder
03-24-2006, 06:16 PM
I felt great today during my workout! Here's what I did:

Rack Pulls:
15 x 90lbs
15 x 130lbs
8 x 220lbs
5 x 400lbs for 3 sets
5 x 450lbs for 2 sets

(I know it's kind of wierd that I jump 50lbs up for the last two sets... I think next week I'll start at 425 or something and... uhh... iunno.. I'll figure it out when I get there :p)

DB Shrugs:
I did a drop set with these.. Three sets where I did 10 reps with 100lb DBs then immediately 65's until failure (15reps, 16reps, 16reps)

Arnies:
35's x 10 for 3 sets

Rear Delt Raises:
15's x 12 for 3 sets

Side Delt Raises:
25's x 10 for 3 sets

KevinStarke
03-24-2006, 07:15 PM
Wheres the bar on the rack pulls, thats some great weight.

deeder
03-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Wheres the bar on the rack pulls, thats some great weight.

Just slightly below my knees... And I'm not squatting it up like I've heard people say not to do... I make sure I am still pulling back.

deeder
03-27-2006, 09:20 PM
I've decided to switch up the rep ranges in my workout... So here's what I did today:

Squats
15 x bar
15 x 90lbs
12 x 160lbs for 3 sets

SLDL
12 x 200lbs
6 x 220lbs
6 x 270lbs for 2 sets

Leg Extensions
12 x 150lbs for 3 sets

I did a little bit of ab work after this... Overall it was a pretty good one for a morning workout :P

rookiebldr
03-27-2006, 10:29 PM
Nice rack pulls. :)

Skinny Fat
03-28-2006, 08:24 AM
Short-Term Goals:
Bench Press = 180lbs x 5
Squat = 200lbs x 5
Deadlift = 270lbs x 5

Damn, looks like you're obliterating your short term goals, man! Nice leg work - you're making me look bad. :)

Davidelmo
03-28-2006, 04:37 PM
Nice work with the pullups.. weighted ones are hardcore!

So, you're cutting AND improving most of your lifts? Nice work!

deeder
03-28-2006, 10:29 PM
Nice work with the pullups.. weighted ones are hardcore!

So, you're cutting AND improving most of your lifts? Nice work!

I WAS cutting until about 2 weeks ago I think... I can't remember exactly when I stopped... I'm maintaining right now at about 2500cals.

I was making a bit of progress while I was cutting which is pretty sweet :thumbup:

Since I'll be starting a bulk soonish (haven't decided when exactly) I've switched up my rep ranges... So it's gonna be kind of hard to track progress for the next little while...

deeder
03-28-2006, 10:36 PM
I really love back days! I love the look of a solid, well develloped back and I really really want a HYOGE back :)

NG Pullups:

BW + 25lbs x 12, 9, 8
- This is the first time I've done higher reps for pullups... Hopefully next week I can psych myself up enough to finish all three sets with 12 reps.

Front Lat Pulldowns:
12 x 150lbs for 3 sets

BO DB Rows:
65lbs x 12
60lbs x 12 for 2 sets

Seated DB Curls:
30lbs x 12 for 3 sets
- When I do these I get a vein that pops out in my bicep and my forearms and shoulders get all veiny... I love it :)

Standing Calf Raise Machine:
165lbs x 12 for 3 sets

I was supposed to do preacher curls today too... but the higher rep db curls pretty much killed my bis and also there was an old guy on the preacher curl station and I didn't feel like waiting just to do biceps :nod:

Built
03-28-2006, 11:59 PM
Hey Deeder, wasn't I just reading about your dream to compete in figure? ;)

Glad to hear your back is doing well. <rubs injured spine>

deeder
03-29-2006, 07:28 AM
Hey Deeder, wasn't I just reading about your dream to compete in figure? ;)
Yup, that's me!

Glad to hear your back is doing well. <rubs injured spine>
It healed up really quick... The massage definately helped loosen everything up too. I'll just be taking it easy from now on for certain exercises and avoiding certain exercises all together...

deeder
03-30-2006, 11:05 PM
Damn... Last night SUCKED BALLS! I spend eight hours working on a paper that was due today... Yeah I know I shouldn't procrastinate but... but... alright I've got nothing :p

So anyway, I didn't get to bed until around 2 - 2:30... I was supposed to workout with my buddy at 6:15am... Well, there's no way I was gonna miss a workout because of a damn paper! So I got up at 6 and dragged my sorry ass to the gym... Took some caffeine and away I went!

Everything was hard as hell and felt 10000000lbs heavier than it should have:

DB Flat Bench:
30's x 15
60's x 12
60's x 10
55's x 12

Decline BB Bench:
150lbs x 9
150lbs x 8
150lbs x 8

Incline BB Press (WIDE grip):
90lbs x 12
100lbs x 10
90lbs x 9

Tricep Dips:
BW x 12, 10, 6.. Pathetic... I can usually do 12 3 times...

Tricep Pushdowns:
10 x 75lbs
9 x 75lbs for 2 sets

I hope to make up for this ****ty ass workout tomorrow when I deadlift.. My buddy and I are going to try for new 1-rep PRs. Last time I tried I did 340lbs... It might be a huge stretch but I wanna make 375lbs. I've been psyching myself up for it all day today! (It's the only thing that kept me from falling asleep!)

Skinny Fat
03-31-2006, 09:58 AM
Ha - I just had a sleep-deprived workout, too. Good job still getting in there and putting some work in. A good night's sleep, and tomorrow you'll pull an ungodly number.

deeder
03-31-2006, 12:51 PM
Today went really really well... I got a good night of rest and had some quality food before hitting the gym. I managed my previous PR for deadlifts of 340lbs completly raw but my grip slipped pretty bad on that one...

Deadlifts:
15 x 90lbs
15 x 130lbs
5 x 220lbs
1 x 310lbs
1 x 330lbs
1 x 340lbs (I did everything up till this completely RAW. This last one came up pretty easy so I wanted to keep going... For the rest of the pulls I used straps)
1 x 350lbs
1 x 360lbs (I used a belt for this one and the next)
1 x 375lbs (I've never seen myself turn so red and shake so much! This one doesn't 'really' count because I used straps... But once my grip catches up I know I can do it!!!)

Shrugs:
110lbs x 10 for 3 sets

Arnies:
35's x 10 for 3 sets

Rear delt raises:
15lbs x 12 for 2 sets
20lbs x 12

Side Delt Raises:
25lbs x 12 for 3 sets

Ab cable pulldowns:
Uhh... I never look at the weight on this one... (the 2nd last plate and a 5lb add on weight) x 10 for 3 sets

I'm really psyched that I managed to pull 375lbs even though it was with straps... :cool: :clap: :hump: :thumbup: :) :clown: :evillaugh

DumbellDude
04-01-2006, 11:18 PM
Impressive work man. Very nice progress in a short period of time, while cutting also!

deeder
04-02-2006, 12:39 AM
^^^

Thanks alot bro. I've said it a few times but I'm not cutting anymore... I'm maintaining for a few weeks before I start my bulk over the summer.

TO EVERYONE THAT READS THIS! I AM NO LONGER CUTTING! I AM IN A MAINTENANCE PHASE!

:strong:

KevinStarke
04-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Congrats on the pull man, keep workin that grip strength and you'll have 405 in no time.

Clifford Gillmore
04-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Looks like I have some motivation to dead bigger numbers.

Skinny Fat
04-02-2006, 01:48 PM
375 - damn!

Hey, are you still cutting?

deeder
04-02-2006, 02:23 PM
^^^

LOL! Yes... yes I am... :p

Kevin: 4pps would be sweeeeeet! Hopefully by the end of summer!

Risk: It'll be a race to see who can get to 4pps first!

Stumprrp
04-02-2006, 03:23 PM
looking nasty in here dude, but dude 450 x 5 on rack pulls and your dead is 375??

deeder
04-02-2006, 10:21 PM
^^^

Yeah man... It's a pretty huge difference... Dunno what to say :p

Clifford Gillmore
04-03-2006, 03:50 AM
^^^

LOL! Yes... yes I am... :p

Kevin: 4pps would be sweeeeeet! Hopefully by the end of summer!

Risk: It'll be a race to see who can get to 4pps first!

I'm not one for competetion, besides - I'll destroy you :P I kid I kid.

deeder
04-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Instead of my usual leg day today I went and did squats with a powerlifter from the local powerlifting association. As some of you may know I've been thinking about getting into powerlifting. I've been talking with this guy through emails for a while now and finally got together with him to train. It was good to be able to watch someone who really knows what he's doing...

He said my technique was surprisingly good for a 19 year old who's never had any formal teaching. The only thing he suggested was that I not look at the mirror at all and that I look at the ceiling since I won't have a mirror to watch myself in at a competition. Other than that he said my depth was really good and that I'm sitting back really well on my hips rather than going straight down over my knees.

I didn't write down what I did so some of this may be off a bit but here's what I did:

Squat:
130lbs x 12
150lbs x 12
170lbs x 5
185lbs x 5
190lbs x 5 for 3 sets

SLDL:
205lbs x 12 for 2 sets

Seated Calf Raises:
90lbs x 15 for 3 sets

Reverse Hyper:
35lbs x 12 for 3 sets --> I've never done these before... The way I felt after each set I think it's a muscle I've never hit...

He had class to get to so we didn't do everything he wanted to because we spent too much time talking :p

I'm really glad I got to meet him and I'm supposed to be going to train with him again on Friday. He's going to talk to his coach about putting together a program for me :)

DumbellDude
04-04-2006, 07:41 PM
:thumbup: awesome workout man !

Skinny Fat
04-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Nice work - it looks like you should just go ahead and demolish that 200x5 short-term goal you put in your sig!

deeder
04-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Nice work - it looks like you should just go ahead and demolish that 200x5 short-term goal you put in your sig!

**** yeah man! I know I could do it easy. I want to do my whole 5x5 at 200lbs though :)

I'm pretty sure I could demolish all my short-term goals in my sig. But I don't think I could do any of them for the full 5x5 yet.

deeder
04-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Here's how Tuesday's workout went:

Neutral Grip Pullups:
BW + 25lbs x 10, 9, 9

Front Lat Pulldowns:
155lbs x 12 for 3 sets

Bent Over DB Rows:
65lbs x 12 for 3 sets

Seated DB Curls:
30lbs x 12 for 3 sets

Preacher Curls:
5 x 75lbs for 3 sets
4 x 75lbs for 2 sets

Ab Cable Pulldowns:
215lbs (I think) x 10 for 3 sets

Clifford Gillmore
04-06-2006, 03:38 AM
Nice back and bi workout.

deeder
04-06-2006, 07:19 AM
Doing rack pulls is the only time I get to load up the bar and look like a big badass :cool:

I decided I didn't want to jog to warm up so I did some GM's with just the bar --> 3 sets of 15 reps

Rack Pulls:
225lbs x 8
425lbs x 5 for 2 sets
445lbs x 5
455lbs x 5 for 2 sets

DB Shrugs:
110's x 10 for 3 sets

I didn't do the shoulder work that I usually do with this workout. I switched my chest workout (usually thursday) and lower back workout (usually friday) this week because I'm doing bench work tomorrow (friday) with that powerlifter I worked with on monday.

:cool:

KevinStarke
04-06-2006, 07:26 AM
Awesome workout man but damn, where are you pulling from on those rack pulls? Moving weight like that from a knee high starting point I would think you'd have a much higher dead than 340.

Skinny Fat
04-06-2006, 10:05 AM
Damn, handling weight like that shows alllll kinds of potential for your deads. And nice back/bi day, ya curl jockey. :ninja: :cool:

JoeG
04-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Really nice rack pulls there. I think I would break a hip if I tried them at that weight.

deeder
04-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Kevin - The pins are set just below knee height so the bar rests pretty much in line with my knees. I tried for a PR last friday and pulled 375lbs. I left my signature the same though because the highest I could manage without straps was 340lbs.

Skinny - Hopefully my deads will skyrocket over the summer during my bulk :thumbup:

JoeG - Thanks bro. You'll get there! (These aren't even all that heavy compared to the real mofos!)

deeder
04-08-2006, 12:26 AM
I went and trained with that powerlifter again. I have no idea what I did for numbers because I've had a few drinks :alcoholic Here's what we worked though:

Flat BB Bench - he gave me lots of tips on setting up properly, breathing, and I worked on using a WAY wider grip than I am used to and pausing (I've always done touch and go) I did 195lbs for 1 rep with a pause. Pretty sad :p

Flat BB Bench with bands - I've never used the bands nor have I seen them used so this was a treat! It feels really wierd benching with bands!

Flat BB Bench lockout - these were TOUGH. Apparently I have really weak triceps! :rolleyes:

French Press supersetted with dips - I've done both of these before but we did the dips with bands so that was a wierd feeling.

That's all for the workout today.

On a more personal note... I wrote a bio final today.... There was sooo much stuff to memorize and the teacher made it seem like it would be soooo hard... Man... If I had known how easy it was going to be I would have studied half the time I did! I ACED that test! YEAH BABY!

Skinny Fat
04-10-2006, 09:26 AM
...and today your chest is worked, right? :)

Sounds like you had a hell of a session, good work!

deeder
04-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Since I have a few minutes I thought I should do a quick update... I haven't had much time this week but I have still been working out!

I did my usual routine (except my friday workout is being moved to tomorrow because my gym isn't open).

It was the last week of classes so I've been actually going to class :p and studying lots for finals. I'll start posting up my actual workouts again next week.

Wish me luck on my finals! :p

DumbellDude
04-14-2006, 08:13 PM
good luck with the finals man. looking forward for your workouts :thumbup:

deeder
04-17-2006, 11:57 AM
I was at the bar Friday night and got really drunk. I don't remember much, but I was sitting on a couch and apparently some random dude just walked up to me and started picking me up off the couch and pushing me and ****... So the bouncers broke that up and apparently started pushing me towards the door.. I'm told I took a swing at one of the bouncers... What I remember is being pushed around then next thing I know I'm being dragged outside and around the back into the kitchen... Where I was beaten for basically an hour until the cops got there. I remember being kicked in the head, stepped on, punched in the face, having my face slammed into the ground, choked so I couldn't breath at all... They locked my girlfriend into a room right next to where I was and wouldn't let her see me... They told her if she tried to interfere at all she'd be charged with obstruction of justice. I spent the night in jail and now have some charges against me. But I also have wicked bruising and swelling all over my face. I looked like a chipmunk the next day my face was sooo swollen. I spent about 3 hours at the doctor's office on Saturday getting xrays, a urine and blood test done. Nothing serious (luckily) although the doc said he was VERY surprised I didn't have a wicked concusion looking at the bruising around my temples.

Anyway... That's my exciting easter weekend story :p Here's what I did for a workout today!

Squats:
5 x 135lbs
5 x 155lbs
5 x 175lbs for 2 sets
5 x 190lbs for 2 sets
2 x 205lbs for 2 sets

SLDL:
205lbs x 12 for 3 sets --> These were pretty easy but my back was a little stiff so I didn't want to up the weight...

Hack Squats:
105lbs x 12
125lbs x 12
145lbs x 12

Front Squats: --> I did these just cuz I felt like it... It really killed me!
95lbs x 7 for 2 sets
95lbs x 5
Oddly enough I felt these the most in my abs. :scratch:

Stumprrp
04-17-2006, 06:28 PM
wait you got charges against you and they put you in a room and beat the hell out of you? wow man im confused but im glad your ok haha.

nice leg day

deeder
04-17-2006, 06:59 PM
wait you got charges against you and they put you in a room and beat the hell out of you? wow man im confused but im glad your ok haha.

nice leg day

Yeah dude... I am fairly confused too... I talked to my lawyer today so we should be getting this figured out pretty soon :shoot:

Needless to say I got some pretty wierd looks while I was working out.. My face is still pretty bruised.

fixationdarknes
04-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Great leg work. They must've felt a bit like jello after all those squats and sldl's. :p

DumbellDude
04-17-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm reading your post for Friday night, and I'm like WTF? Are you serious man? This is f***ed up. One thing I'm glad you're OK man. Sue their a**es, D. Damn, I'm soooooo pissed off... :mad: :mad: :mad: You must have looked totaly badass in the gym today... ha ha - Great work D!!!!

deeder
04-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Here's a few pics... I think most of them were taken Saturday... Obviously just ****ty ones on my webcam... My gf took a few on her cellphone cam so I'll get her to send those to me and I might post them up later.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/deeder1986/Picture30.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/deeder1986/Picture28.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/deeder1986/Picture31.jpg

I'm pretty sure the last one was taken on Sunday... There was less swelling and the bruising was more defined.

Clifford Gillmore
04-18-2006, 04:49 AM
You got ****ed up! Damn man, hope you recover soon.

Coke
04-18-2006, 06:15 AM
Like DDude said, you need to be filing some charges of your own...there's no way them mf's need to take you into the back room and take their frustrations out on you. That was totally uncalled for, hope all is well.

KevinStarke
04-18-2006, 07:22 AM
Daaaaamn I know several bouncers and while you shouldnt have thrown a punch at one I am fairly positive they cant take you into a backroom and beat you for an hour because of it..

Skinny Fat
04-18-2006, 09:18 AM
WTF?!

The law is on your side - sue their asses. And you're a f'n soldier for going to the gym looking like that. Rest, and feel better, amigo. Good luck.

DumbellDude
04-18-2006, 02:26 PM
awesome pics bro... just kidding... just kidding...
in any case, ask your attorney if they can be used in a court of law - or to negotiate a settlement. man, i'm still pissed off with the incident, those f***ers shouldn't gat away.

deeder
04-18-2006, 05:25 PM
awesome pics bro... just kidding... just kidding...
in any case, ask your attorney if they can be used in a court of law - or to negotiate a settlement. man, i'm still pissed off with the incident, those f***ers shouldn't gat away.

Yeah man I am giving him the pics. I'll know a little more on the 28th..

deeder
04-18-2006, 06:46 PM
I had another good workout today... Since classes are done and I'm not working this week I've been going to the gym at different times than I usually do... It's pretty funny actually... I'm used to going in the morning when it's old people and the serious lifters... I'm amazed at all the curl jockeys at my gym! I saw atleast 5 people yesterday and today doing a million sets of bi and tri isolation exercises!

Anyway, here's what I did:

Neutral Grip Pullups:
6 x BW for 2 sets
5 x BW + 45lbs for 5 sets

Bent Over BB Rows:
175lbs x 5 for 4 sets
185lbs x 5

Wide Grip Pullups:
BW x 12 for 3 sets

Seated DB Curls:
35's x 10 for 3 sets

I didn't feel like doing the preacher curls today so I just skipped them... I think it may have had something to do with all the curl jockeys in the gym :p I didn't want to join them :bash:

deeder
04-19-2006, 06:10 PM
Well I decided to go to the gym today. I have so much free time on my hands right now and not going to the gym seems like a waste :cool:

I just did a few auxillary lifts that I probably would have done Friday. I warmed up with a bunch of rotator cuff exercises then I did:

Seated DB Press:
12 x 30's
5 x 55's for 5 sets

Lying Rear Delt Raises:
12 x 15lbs for 3 sets

Side Delt Raises:
25lbs x 12 for 3 sets

BB Shrugs:
295lbs x 5 for 5 sets -- I didn't have the greatest ROM on the last 2 sets... But still not too bad. I've never actually done Shrugs with a BB... I think I like doing them with DB's more.

Incline Ab work -- Twist stuff with a medicine ball.

deeder
04-20-2006, 07:12 PM
The guy I was working out with at the beginning of the school year decided to start working out again.. He hasn't been to the gym in a couple months. He got worked Pretty hard :evillaugh

Flat BB Press:
12 x 95lbs for 2 sets
5 x 135lbs
5 x 175lbs for 5 sets
2 x 185lbs
1 x 205lbs -- This is 5lbs higher than my previous 1rep max and I did it after my 5x5... I'm thinking I could do atleast 2 pps if not more!

Inlcline DB Press:
12 x 45's for 3 sets

Tricep Dips:
BW x 12 for 3 sets

Rack Press:
185lbs x 8 for 3 sets

DumbellDude
04-20-2006, 09:20 PM
nice bench bro

deeder
04-21-2006, 12:22 AM
Thanks DumbellDude. I appreciate you dropping in here all the time!

KevinStarke
04-21-2006, 09:33 AM
Awesome benching man, gotta try 225 next time around!

Better switch up that signature bench man

deeder
04-21-2006, 12:35 PM
Since classes have ended I've been getting full nights of sleep. Wow what a difference it has made in my workouts! Every workout for the last week has been awesome!

Goodmorning (just to warm up my back)
bar x 12 for 2 sets

Deadlifts -- resetting for every rep...
95lbs x 8
135lbs x 3
205lbs x 3
225lbs x 3
275lbs x 3
300lbs x 3
325lbs x 3 - I felt like I was going to pass out after this set! Holding my breath too much!
350lbs x 2 for 4 sets

This dead session kicked @$$! I did all sets without straps and everything was intense as hell! The last two sets at 350lbs were killer! Considering I maxed out 2 weeks ago at 375lbs I'd say 4 sets of 2 at 350lbs is pretty damn sweet! :ninja:

DB Shrugs:
110's x 10 for 3 sets
On the last set I did a superset with 60lb dumbells.

Seated Calf Raises:
110lbs x 12 for 3 sets - I ****ing hate calf raises.

Reverse Hypers:
35lbs x 8 for 3 sets

This was my best workout all week! I'd like to thank the can of tuna and 1/4lb of chocolate I ate before it :p Easter was good to me!

Skinny Fat
04-21-2006, 12:44 PM
350lbs x 2 for 4 sets
Considering I maxed out 2 weeks ago at 375lbs I'd say 4 sets of 2 at 350lbs is pretty damn sweet! :ninja:

Holy ****, nice pulling. You're getting to be a beast!

This was my best workout all week! I'd like to thank the can of tuna and 1/4lb of chocolate I ate before it :p Easter was good to me!

What kind of f'd up Easter Bunny brings you cans of tuna? :cool:

Great job!

Meat_Head
04-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Hey man, sorry to hear about the bar situation. The law is definately on your side, you should sue the **** out of them. If they called your girl trying to interfere 'obstruction of justice' you can get they're crooked asses in even more trouble. Props to you for gettin right back in the gym and hitting the weight hard as ever! Your back is getting damn big and strong!

deeder
04-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Skinny - Thanks bro. Easter bunny only brought the chocolat.. I wish I had gotten some tuna though... That was my last can :(

Meat_Head - Thanks for the concern. I'm meeting with my lawyer on the 28th and we'll decide what course of action I'll be taking. As for getting back to the gym... Well I figured I better not waste anytime so that next time I can take on 5 bouncers :p 400lbs 4% bf here I come! hahahah!

DumbellDude
04-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Holy ****, nice pulling. You're getting to be a beast!

Skinny said it all bro... nothing more to add !!! This is insane deadlifting... very very strong :bow:

deeder
04-24-2006, 06:30 PM
Hehehe... THanks DBdude!

Today was kind of a messed up workout... I went in the morning and did box squats...

10 x 135lbs
5 x 185lbs for 2 sets
2 x 205lbs
2 x 215lbs
2 x 225lbs for 2 sets

After these I started feeling really nauseous and sick... Not like I've felt before during a workout... I decided to call it quits...

When I got home from work though I had a little nap and felt like I needed to go finish my workout... I decided to do some more squats anyway... But I did front squats instead:

bar x 12
95lbs x 8
115lbs x 3
135lbs x 3
155lbs x 3
165lbs x 3
175lbs x 3
185lbs x 3
190lbs x 3
195lbs x 2

SLDL:
205lbs x 12 for 2 sets -- these are getting to be quite light but I didn't feel like going heavier... I was pretty tired after those squats... I just did them really fast coming back up.

Stumprrp
04-24-2006, 07:36 PM
very nice workout deeder, cant beat squats and SLDLs for the lower body and back.

deeder
04-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Stumprrp - Thanks man... There really is nothing better!

KevinStarke
04-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Strong workout deeder, way to finish strong.

deeder
04-25-2006, 02:36 PM
Thanks Kevin :thumbup:

deeder
04-25-2006, 02:41 PM
I wrote my second last final this morning... It went really well except for one question (out of 8). I skipped over it after about 10minutes of trying to figure it out.. Came back to it after I finished everything else...

I had lots of time left so I wasn't worried about that... I spent about 45minutes ****ing around with different ways to solve it... Nothing worked :(

So finally I notice that he put a hint at the end of the question... As soon as I read that it took me about 2 minutes to do the question! ARGH! I wasted just about an hour on that damn question but it was sooo simple in the end!

/end rant/

I had a pretty good back workout today... Upped the weight for every exercise and my back feels really funny right now :p

Neutral Grip Pullups:
6 x BW for 2 sets to warm-up
5 x BW + 50lbs for 5 sets -- on the last rep of the 4th and the last two of the 5th set they weren't all the way to the top... Maybe 2-3" short... I'll get it next week :)

Bent Over BB Rows:
185lbs x 5 for 5 sets

Front Lat Pulldowns:
160lbs x 12 for 3 sets

Seated DB Curls:
45's x 5 for 3 sets

Ab Cable Pulldowns:
220lbs x 10 for 3 sets

DumbellDude
04-25-2006, 06:21 PM
good luck with the finals. don't you feel great when you up the weight? nice workout!

Stumprrp
04-25-2006, 06:33 PM
great work, whats neutral grip?

deeder
04-25-2006, 06:40 PM
DBdude - yeah it does feel good.. And usually if I can up the weight on the first exercise it'll give me the intensity to do it on the others...

Stumprrp - Neutral Grip is with the palms facing each other...

Stumprrp
04-25-2006, 07:16 PM
oh i call that hammer grip, im SO much stronger like that then palms in i ahve no idea why.

deeder
04-25-2006, 07:49 PM
oh i call that hammer grip, im SO much stronger like that then palms in i ahve no idea why.

Same here.... That's why I do it.. I figure if I can put more weight up without kipping or cheating in anyway then it's going to be good for my back development... I doubt the grip changes much other than how the arms are involved.

deeder
04-27-2006, 09:26 PM
This will most likely be my last post until the end of the summer in my journal... I'm leaving for Alberta on Sunday and everything is already packed up and in storage (including my computer... I'm at a friends)

Here's what I did today -- From memory... I don't have my notebook with me...

Flat BB Bench:
20 x bar
15 x 95lbs for 2 sets
8 x 135lbs
5 x 175lbs for 5 sets

Incline DB Press:
50's x 12 for 2 sets
45's x 12

Tricep Dips:
BW x 12 for 3 sets

Rack Presses:
155lbs x 8 for 2 sets (My arms were DEAD!)

I'll be working all summer... Not sure exactly where I'll be... I'm pipelining so wherever they send me I guess... Hopefully I'll be somewhere with a gym. If not I'll be throwing around sandbags and lifting them everyway possible instead ;)

I hope to get to about 200lbs by the end of September. I've got meal plans already made for the summer (see the diet/nutrition section... I posted one a while ago for comment)

My buddy is coming with me this time... So that should be awesome.. Won't be lonely as **** and spending too much money in the bar :p

Have a great summer everyone! Peace!

DumbellDude
04-27-2006, 09:53 PM
D - powerfull as always on the bench !

Have a good summer bro and we'll see you when you get back, hopefully at 200! Take care!

Skinny Fat
04-28-2006, 09:12 AM
Take it easy, deeds. Have fun this summer!

deeder
04-28-2006, 04:26 PM
Whoops... I lied... I'm on the computers at the library and I couldn't resist coming on to WBB... It's addicting damnit!

My last workout before I leave!

Deadlifts:

Goodmornings
15 x bar for 2 sets -- warmup

Deadlifts
8 x 135lbs
5 x 225lbs
3 x 275lbs
3 x 300lbs
3 x 325lbs
2 x 365lbs
1 x 385lbs

DB Shrugs
115's x 10 for 3 sets

This will be for sure my last post... I write my last final tomorrow and I leave Sunday morning!

Heheheh! For real this time... Peace out WBB!

KevinStarke
04-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Strong deadlifting man, see ya around bro.

Meat_Head
04-30-2006, 08:14 PM
Helluva last session! Good luck this summer!