PDA

View Full Version : update, before I get fat off christmas cookies

rk77
12-21-2005, 09:59 AM
Heres a few new pics. I have a feeling the abs will be gone by mid Jan when I go back to school from drinking to much and eating all the holiday food. So I might as well post somthing now. Tell me what you think, good or bad.

6 foot 160-165 bf %:?

KevinStarke
12-21-2005, 10:01 AM
Lookin lean man, dont fear college parties man embrace them!

Mik
12-21-2005, 10:09 AM
Lookin' real lean.

*grabs beer and goes back to forum*

MM
12-21-2005, 10:18 AM
You look bigger than 160, which probably means your back and legs need some work. Nice upper/arms, though.

getfit
12-21-2005, 10:56 AM
nice and lean, upper body looks good.

rk77
12-21-2005, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the relplies guys. As for the weight thing I hear that all the time. most people guess 175-185 range. I think half of it is I have a naturally lean build so I'm not big boned. My legs are decent but def not as good as the upper body. I dont work out legs much, yea i know I should but its hard to get motivated for it when your a dude that wears jeans or shorts to the knees. I try to get to the gym about 3 times a week at school. During the summer and break I dont go to a gym so I just do pushups and use some free weights I have in the basement and what not to stay in shape.
Kevin, as for the college parties. I hear yea 100%. What I meant was im gonna go from drinkin about twice a week (weekends at school) to getting drunk multiple times a week with my high school buddies over break (4 outta the past 6 days). On the bright side at least its light beer.

jkirkpatrick
12-21-2005, 02:50 PM
I dont work out legs much, yea i know I should but its hard to get motivated for it when your a dude that wears jeans or shorts to the knees.

When you're a dude that has decent legs, you'll find that:

1. jeans look much better on you as you actually fill them out
2. girls appreciate your ass much more (squats guy)
3. baggy basketball shorts become obsolete.

Squat, man, squat.

Upper body looks good. Your chest is a bit underdeveloped compared to your arms, but other than that, looks good.

Garrix
12-21-2005, 11:07 PM
i was wondering why you look so much more buff than me, because im the same height and weight, but its probably because you dont do legs. I would also guess 185 or something if i was to just judge from those pics.

Built
12-21-2005, 11:13 PM
Your chest will grow better if you squat and eat more.

You've got a really nice shape to your upper body, arms look thick, nice tris.

You need to squat - shallow women everywhere would agree with me.

Slim Schaedle
12-22-2005, 12:27 AM
its hard to get motivated for it when your a dude that wears jeans or shorts to the knees.Never, ever, underestimate the silent appreciation any girl has for a nice pair of built legs, with or without clothing.

rk77
12-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the advice guys. Just to clear things up, its not like I don't work legs. They are not twigs and have really good definition. Its just that I don't hit them hard all the time and I havent done a bulk since I was like 18 in high school (ill be 21 next week) and wanted to gain weight for sports. I am eating all the time but you def wouldnt find a good deal of it in the sticky for what a bodybuilder eats. When I'm not in school and dont go to a gym then I dont lift legs. So that kinda hurts progress. Since free weights are pretty much always availible to me I never have problems hitting my arms which is probubly why my arms are def my best body part. Garrix, as for the weight thing, Im sure it has to do with my genetic makeup. Bone structure plays a key role and I have very low body fat. But your def not the first person to get suprised when I say how much I weigh.
Built, I actually squated last week for the first time since high school when our coaches made us. Maybe I'll try to make more of a habit of it.

spencerjrus
12-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Good progress, you got real nice shape for your upperbody. I would suggest you take less ab shots and squat/eat more though.

Cra-Z
12-22-2005, 05:15 PM
I like your boxers.

Built
12-22-2005, 05:17 PM
Hey, another squatting convert!

That one exercise will do more for your whole body than anything else.

bbgonnabe
12-28-2005, 01:00 AM
9 or 10% is my guess.

rk77
01-03-2006, 12:37 PM
I've only put on about 5 or so pounds so far. I guess I can't complain for sittin on my ass for 3 weeks and havin a pretty bad diet. Nothin a few weeks can't fix.

I dont know much about body fat but I heard anything over ten percent bf you cant see abs. By that alone I would assume I'd be lower then that but then again you'd prob know better then me.

bobk07
01-13-2006, 09:20 AM
I'd def say you were below 10 percent. I wish I could drink and eat like you and still have that bf%. Damn genetics.

TwiloMike
01-13-2006, 09:35 AM
Upper body loks good. I like your shoulders/arms/abs. Squat and see the light. :) I'm a recent convert also and I'm loving it.

rk77
01-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Im back at school now. Break wasn't as hard on me as I thought It was. Switching to light beer helped big time. Since I'm back I'm gonna start working out again and start eating better. Hopefully I'll be able to add about 5 pounds of muscle by spring break while having the bf in the pics from last month. I might actually hit the squat rack tomm, see what all this fuss is about.

bobk07
01-28-2006, 09:55 AM
I was just curious to how much cals you eat per day.

rk77
01-28-2006, 12:48 PM
I don't really count calories. I just try to eat enough protein and make decent food choices. I try to avoid refined carbs and dont eat all that much sugar (besides fruit). If i do eat somthing like dessert (cookies, ice cream, etc.) I keep it in portion and try not to overindulge.

imageD
01-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Man alive you are LEAN

rk77
02-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Hopefully I can gain a few pounds before spring break and summer without putting on much if any fat. If I do it slowly hopefully I can pull it off. Low carb high protein maybe?

rk77
03-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Quick question, can squats cause your abs to build up? For some reason I've found latley that they look thinker and less flat then they used to without doing any direct ab work. Could squatting be the cause? Maybe its just my imagination or fiber/food intake. But I was just curious.

ectx
03-23-2006, 01:21 PM
Squats require a lot of core work...that is lower back and abdominal muscle work. That might be why you're seeing them look better lately.

rk77
03-23-2006, 07:23 PM
I don't really think it looks better, they are just as defined with the same bf but stick out more. I been doing squat work 3 times a week, would it be enough if I squat once a week whle continuing to do leg press and whatnot 3 times a week?

rk77
04-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Realized the error of my thinking, def. not gonna skip squats, esp. when I only have accsess to it for another month. I am trying a clean bulk but I dont seem to be gaining weight (although shoulders are progesssing, I'm hitting them pretty hard). I Alwas feel full (maybe from all the fiber). Gotta try to eat a lil more I guess.