PDA

View Full Version : 17 yrs old and new to site

NICS
12-22-2005, 01:39 PM
Im 17 and as it says im knew to the site. As u can see ive got a lot of fat but i really need to bulk (extremely cleanly) because i do shotput and i need more size and strength. Any suggestions would be helpful. Im 17, 175lbs, 5'6

btw sorry about the quality of the pics but they are the best i could do cause I had to take them myself.

eastbaylifter
12-22-2005, 01:58 PM
Welcome to the wbb. I don't think you really need to "bulk" in the sense of eating over the # of maintenance calories for your current weight. I recommend eating a maintenance level of calories, plus lifting HEAVY. Supplements would also help (creatine, whey protein, etc.).

By the way, I can see you have lots of potential and you're not too bad right now. You'll be looking big and mean in another 6 months if you keep at it.

russ
12-22-2005, 02:20 PM
I agree with eastbaylifter.

Also, I recommend doing a lot of olympic style lifts and a lot of heavy lifting if you want to benefit your shot put.

Remember that diet is usually more important then what your lifting.

Do you have a current routine? and could you post an example of your diet?

NICS
12-22-2005, 04:06 PM
my diet is a little lax which is something i have to work on but i primarily eat like oatmeal for breakfast, like chicken or some kind of meat sandwich durring luch, and for dinner although it depends upon what my moms making its typically something like chicken, steak, or something with a lot of protein.

my work out varries cause i do it primarily with the shot putting team its like bench press 8-10reps 4X, lat pull downs 4 sets of 8 reps, squats 4 sets of 8-10 reps, curls 4 of 8-10, leg press 8-10 of 4. thats all i can remember as i said im kinda new to this. btw thanks for ur comments and sugestions and i will lift heavier like olympic style lifts. If u can give me a better diet plan or some suggestions with the workout plan that would be much appreciated.

Cra-Z
12-22-2005, 05:14 PM
Need a lot of work, but I can see potential.

Good luck.

NICS
01-11-2006, 10:57 PM
ive got some new pics tell me how im doin not much of a change but they are better pics so.

Canadian Crippler
01-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Personally, I'd go on a small cutting cycle. Maybe 20lbs or so. Then re-evaluate from there.

NICS
01-12-2006, 01:48 PM
yea i think i will cut like 20lbs and go from there btw thanks for the advice

accuFLEX
01-12-2006, 04:21 PM
I used to look like that, diet and cardio man. Give it 6 months and then repost