PDA

View Full Version : (another) ETS thread

shootermcgavin7
12-23-2005, 06:24 PM
As most of you know, I won 3 products from the recent At Large competition.

The three products I've selected are:

Nitrean
Opticen

and

ETS

I'm sure everyone already knows that Nitrean and Opticen are premium brands on the supplement market, and I was looking forward to trying these as I was finally running out of my bulk protein shopping spree I went on two years ago. Obviously I will expect the best from these two, and I highly doubt I'll be disappointed.

ETS is a unique animal. As most of you have also encountered, I have been involved less and less in the "supplements" forum the more I've become involved in WBB and weightlifting. There are simply very few supplements out there that completely satisfy their claims.

This thread will basically consist of my (self-inflicted) knee pain vs. ETS.

Edit: edited out extraneous stuff that I decided wasn't really relevant.

chris mason
12-23-2005, 08:28 PM
ETS is not really a product for rehab. If your knee is injured ETS is not really proven to aid in that sort of repair.

I can tell you this much, rest your knee. Don't make the same stupid mistakes I did and compromise your future lifting for a few weeks or months now. I could never force myself not to train and it was to my DETRIMENT and still is. In fact, I have several nagging injuries which are a result of said stupidity.

shootermcgavin7
12-23-2005, 09:23 PM
ETS is not really a product for rehab. If your knee is injured ETS is not really proven to aid in that sort of repair.

I can tell you this much, rest your knee. Don't make the same stupid mistakes I did and compromise your future lifting for a few weeks or months now. I could never force myself not to train and it was to my DETRIMENT and still is. In fact, I have several nagging injuries which are a result of said stupidity.

Thanks, Chris; for now, my nagging knee soreness hasn't kept me from lifting.

If you'd prefer me to hold off until my knee was cleared by a doctor before using the ETS, I've got no problem with that. Just let me know - it was AtLarge and WBB's generosity that gave me this shot to try ETS, I've got no problem shelving it until the soreness in my knee goes away.

chris mason
12-24-2005, 08:25 AM
I was giving you my personal advice. To be honest, I am curious what ETS might do in terms of what you are describing but I really don't think you should risk your future knee health in order to preserve a bulk or test a product.

Do you see my point?

shootermcgavin7
12-25-2005, 10:28 AM
I was giving you my personal advice. To be honest, I am curious what ETS might do in terms of what you are describing but I really don't think you should risk your future knee health in order to preserve a bulk or test a product.

Do you see my point?

I see where you're going. My knee has slowly been getting better; I was just curious to see if it would speed my recovery.

Re-thinking it, I doubt such an arbitrary, subjective measure would really prove anything; I think I'll just stick with judging DOMS, etc.

Thanks for your reply here, though.