PDA

View Full Version : Help Plzzz

putnuontilt
12-23-2005, 08:13 PM
Ok Im starting to gather all the things I need to start workingout. Im pretty sure Ive got everything to start on January 2, 06, but I have a cpl questions on a few things.

1. Do I take creatine on an off-day with a Protein drink?

2. If Im bulking how many calories do I take on an off-day, do I stick with my overall calories for days on or do I drop some calories?

3. What should I not take on an Off day? PLzz explain Like fat, protien ext..

4. What and When should I be eating for my 6 meals? Plzzz elaborate

Thanx

Height: 5'10 weight around 185-187 with clothes on
BF%- Unknown i would have to say 30-35 %
My goal- 205-210

getfit
12-23-2005, 08:45 PM
you don't cycle creatine, 5g a day is just fine
you can toss it in your shake

read up here

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=65848

Sidior
12-24-2005, 05:26 PM
if your 35% bf adn 185 or whatever you should not be bulking to 205, you should cut

hngacurv
12-25-2005, 12:28 PM
At 5'10" and 185 you are probably way lower than 30% bodyfat.

tigo
12-26-2005, 01:45 AM
i agree... i'm 6'0-1ish and 208.. im 17ish percent bodyfat.. unless you've really never ever done anything physical in your life

what are you using to check bf?

putnuontilt
12-26-2005, 04:58 AM
Thanx everyone

At 5'10" and 185 you are probably way lower than 30% bodyfat.

agree... i'm 6'0-1ish and 208.. im 17ish percent bodyfat.. unless you've really never ever done anything physical in your life

Yes your prolly right I was just guessing cause I have no clue what my b/f is? But I start my new diet and workout regime, which will wbb#1 on Monday January 2nd and I just wanna make sure I have all my ducks in a row. So any great advice is greatly apperciated. Thanx again. I got alot of great things for x-mas to help me start off ex... dextrose, creatine, 100% whey protien and a few more things. I also got a bottle of a Multi Oil which has omega 3, 6 and 9 is that any good? what do you think?

Davidelmo
12-26-2005, 06:46 AM
1. Take 5g creatine every day. It doesnt matter if it's an off day or an "on" day. I'm not sure timing matters that much but I take it just before a workout. It takes about 90mins to absorb properly I think, so my theory is that by the time I finish the workout the creatine will be there to replenish my muscles.

2. As for calories. You have to work this out yourself. It varies person to person. I'm only 150lbs but I need ~4000kcal to gain 1lb per week but I know 200lb guys who bulk on 3000kcal. It also depends on your lifestyle. If you're into sport you'll need more than if you sit playing computer games all day.

3. Eat the same on an off day as you would on an "on" day.
Get 1g of protein for every 1lb of body mass. You'll need ~180g protein per day.
Get at least 0.5g fat per 1lb body mass. You'll need at least ~90g but feel free to add more for the extra calories. Eating fat won't make you fat, just try to get most of it from good sources like nuts, seeds, olive oil, fish etc.
Then, add carbs. Everyone thinks that eating carbs makes you fat but only a calorie surplus does this. You need carbs for energy, so try to include more around the time of your workout (more about this below). Make sure you get enough carbs though, otherwise you start using protein for energy, and that means less protein gets to your muscles, and in severe cases your muscles themselves will be degraded for energy.

4. Yep, eat 6 meals a day. Try to include all 3 food groups if possible.

In my opinion, the 3 most important meals are our breakfast, pre workout and post work out meals.

Most important in the morning is to get carbs and protein. This will counteract the catabolic (breaking down) state your body will be in after sleeping.

Before your workout take in plenty of carbs such as oats/potatoes/bread. This will provide long lasting energy so you can work hard in the gym.

After your workout, as soon as possible, try to get around 1g per KG body weight simple carbs. This could be from a drink like lucozade or gatorade. After your workout try to get in plenty of protein too to help with muscle repair and synthesis. Try to do this within 1hr of the end of your workout.

Your other meals can consist of complex carbs, protein and healthy fats.
You can use a shake for one of your "meals" but try not to rely on them too much. A good on is a mix of milk, peanut butter, oats and a scoop of whey.

5. You can use your dextrose before your workout for energy and after your workout to help replenish your muscles and counteract the catabolic state.
I've already talked about the creatine.
Use they whey in shakes, especially important after your workout. You can also have shakes at other points during the day if you want.
The Omega oils are fine. Take them if you want. I don't know if they have a huge effect on your training, but it's always nice to stay healthy. It's the balance of Omega 3, 6 and 9 that matters and you usually get plenty of 6 and 9 in your diet. 3 usually comes from fish only.