PDA

View Full Version : Should I change my diet

cts122
12-24-2005, 06:19 AM
I have been lifting for about 6 months and I havent really put much time into my diet but IMO i have been getting good results. As far as my diet I try to take in as much protein as possible and avoid carbs as much as possible. Since I have started lifting I have gained about 35 pounds and have lowered my body fat considerably. I also drink excessivly about 2 nights a week but i plan on not drinking over break for a month.

Obviously there are important things that should be changed such as taking out the drinking but to me it seems like calculating calories and planning my meals everyday before is too over the top for me considering I'm not disappointed with my results.

Davidelmo
12-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Hey, if it's working for you then why do you want to change it?

As long as your carbs aren't ridiculously low then you should be fine. Carbs like those in oats, potatoes etc are okay and without enough carbs you might not have as much energy in the gym.

If you're worried about other nutrients, just make sure you're eating vegetables, taking vitamin tablets etc.

The drinking isn't the best. Apart from affecting your bodybuilding efforts, drinking excessively damages your health in general.

cts122
12-25-2005, 09:13 PM
I do use alot of supplements and I think that helps me fill in the gaps where my diet is lacking. Multi, Fish oil, glutamine, milk thistle, Creatine, BCAA's. probably overkill but I get everything from vitamin shoppe and walmart for dirt cheap so why not.

Also my carbs are definatly not ridiculously low, I aim to take in mostly protein, but not so much that I would take bread off a sandwich or things like that, I eat fruit and pasta pretty regularly.

Davidelmo
12-26-2005, 06:55 AM
Sounds okay then.

Have you tried entering this all up into www.fitday.com ?

It's the only way you'll know exactly what you are taking in.

Just remember that carbs are important for energy. If you don't get enough carbs, you will use protein for energy. That's bad because it's either coming from your food which means the protein is not getting to our muscles, or it's coming from your muscles themselves.

That said if you've gained 35lbs AND lowered your BF% you're doing damned well. Like I said before, if it ain't broke, dont change it!

KingWilder
12-26-2005, 07:42 AM
are you aware that it's 2005...or are all those stats old

cts122
12-26-2005, 07:55 AM
are you aware that it's 2005...or are all those stats old

I guess I wasn't haha