PDA

View Full Version : Getting sick from eggs?

Invain
12-25-2005, 12:10 PM
I've been eating 4 eggs every morning for like 2 months. Always the same, scrambled with a little salt, petter, and milk. All the sudden, since just this last week, I've been getting horrible gut aches a few minutes after breakfast. Only other thing I eat with the eggs is a glass of whole milk, and I know that's not the problem, since I drink like 6 glasses a day and don't get sick any other time. You guys think it's the eggs making me sick? If so, why now after so long?

hngacurv
12-25-2005, 12:19 PM
You may have developed an intolerance to eggs(a chemical reaction that is causing an upset stomach). Cooking them a different way might fix the problem.

Go here for a little more insight. http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Food_allergy_and_intolerance?OpenDocument

tigo
12-26-2005, 01:45 AM
are you eating yolks too?
i had the same kindof problem, then i took the some yolks out and it went away

Invain
12-26-2005, 05:03 PM
Yes I eat yolks and all. I noticed this morning I still felt a teeny bit sick about 20 minutes or so after breakfast, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the days before. Maybe I'll get over it?

Sose
12-26-2005, 09:56 PM
salmonella!

TTT
12-26-2005, 11:11 PM
If it was Salmonella, you'd know it. :D

russ
12-27-2005, 12:45 AM
i don't know the reasons why, but my mom insists you shouldn't eat eggs more than once a week. she's a pretty well known/registered nutritionist/blood cell analyist, ill ask her what the reason is though.

Mercuryblade
12-27-2005, 01:55 AM
I eat more than 18 eggs a week, so cheap, such an easy source of protein. 18 jumbo eggs in Iowa = only $.98. If I ever develop an egg intolerance I'll probably start crying.
e's a pretty well known/registered nutritionist/blood cell analyist is she a lab tech at a hospital?

wannabeabigboy
12-29-2005, 06:05 PM
i buy "all white egg whites" and usually mix about 3 servings of them with 1 or 2 eggs.

then i i make a big ass omlet with half a peice of cheese.

i havnt had any problems with my stomach except "sulfer" smelling gas :D

HILL
12-30-2005, 03:20 AM
I gave myself food poisoning with egs about 2 months ago i think they may have been out of date or somet because i had 4 over 2 meals on the night i woke the next morning and spewed for 3 days constantly

Vegilles
01-01-2006, 01:52 AM
.......You guys think it's the eggs making me sick? If so, why now after so long?

Skip eggs for a few days/1 week and see if you feel better to find out.

IronCard 05
01-01-2006, 07:50 PM
i get the same way...think its just from being tired of eating a dozen a day for a few months

Invain
01-01-2006, 11:20 PM
I haven't eaten them for the past 3 days or so. I'll try it tomorrow and see what happens.

KingOftheWorld
01-03-2006, 05:42 PM
I've been reading up on eggs recently. Apparently now they say that raw eggs are fine, and all you have to do is build up a tolerance to the non-yolk part. I toss a few into my protein shakes at night, so then if I do get mildly ill its at home. The moral of the story is that these so called experts really don't know a damn thing, so just go with what's good for you and your body.