PDA

View Full Version : good and fast breakfast foods?

ncsuLuke
12-27-2005, 04:36 PM
being in college i dont have very much time to eat breakfast but i always try to get a decent meal in so im not starving the rest of the day.

what are some things that you eat for breakfast that can be fixed quickly or in advance?

thanks

Unreal
12-27-2005, 04:39 PM
Oats, Eggs, Chicken, Cottage Cheese, tuna, yams, whey. Basically anything from "what a body builder eats". Make a bigger dinner and have left overs for breakfast.

HILL
12-28-2005, 02:55 AM
I have a shake containing peanut butter/whey protein powder/milk and ice. comes to 550 cals/60p/24.7c/21.5f

Davidelmo
12-28-2005, 06:16 AM
I have 100g oats and a pint of milk.

Paul Stagg
12-28-2005, 07:20 AM
Opticen, and a glass of OJ.

getfit
12-28-2005, 08:00 AM
nitrean,oats

after training eggs,2 bagels with cream cheese, fruit, glass of milk

seejay
12-28-2005, 08:02 AM
I often find myself in the same boat as you, I usally try to eat oats mixed with 2% milk (instead of water), along with a bagel, and a whey protein shake. But alot of the time I'm in such a hurry I don't even have time for that. So I'm considering using a meal replacement powder, I good one I heard is "Prolab Lean Mass Matrix Meal Replacement", for those times when you don't have time to cook a decent meal.

Bob
12-28-2005, 08:24 AM
I make my Oatmeal and protein shakes in HUGE quantities... enough for a week or so. After making the big batch of Oatmeal, I put a cup or 2 into either ziplocks or small tupperware... and then when I need a quick meal, it's only a 30-45 zap in the microwave to warm it up. With the 2 gallons of protein shakes, I have 2 large gallon containers I put them in.

My 2 minute Breakfast can go something like this:
Grab the Oatmeal ziplock - 45 seconds in Microwave...
Drink a glass of Protein Shake
Pour a glass of Skim Milk and a couple of tablespoons of unpasterized honey into heated Oatmeal.
Eat the oatmeal in about 30-45 seconds..
Grab a banana, bottle of water & multi-vitamin as you walk out the door...

PS.. if you need to save 30-45 seconds.. drink the glass of skim milk, keep the oatmeal "dry", and eat it on the run with the banana and water...

Davidelmo
12-28-2005, 08:35 AM
I make my Oatmeal and protein shakes in HUGE quantities... enough for a week or so. After making the big batch of Oatmeal, I put a cup or 2 into either ziplocks or small tupperware... and then when I need a quick meal, it's only a 30-45 zap in the microwave to warm it up. With the 2 gallons of protein shakes, I have 2 large gallon containers I put them in.

My 2 minute Breakfast can go something like this:
Grab the Oatmeal ziplock - 45 seconds in Microwave...
Drink a glass of Protein Shake
Pour a glass of Skim Milk and a couple of tablespoons of unpasterized honey into heated Oatmeal.
Eat the oatmeal in about 30-45 seconds..
Grab a banana, bottle of water & multi-vitamin as you walk out the door...

PS.. if you need to save 30-45 seconds.. drink the glass of skim milk, keep the oatmeal "dry", and eat it on the run with the banana and water...

I didnt think you could leave the protein mixed for too long.

On the back of my when carton it says to drink within 20 mins.

I left some in the blender overnight once and it STUNK- I couldnt possible face drinking that!

Bob
12-28-2005, 09:48 AM
I haven't had that problem... I don't buy the most expensive brands.. but usually whatever Whey protein is on sale at Trader Joes...

I also don't mix with Milk.. but use the water-based mixes...

Sose
12-28-2005, 10:45 AM
crack as many eggs as you prefer (whites or wholes) into a coffee mug. put them in the microwave for about 30 seconds per egg and go brush your teeth. if they arent cooked all the way i just suck it up..... Rocky did it :>)

ncsuLuke
12-28-2005, 10:55 AM
thanks for all the advice it will definatly help

Davidelmo
12-28-2005, 12:58 PM
I haven't had that problem... I don't buy the most expensive brands.. but usually whatever Whey protein is on sale at Trader Joes...

I also don't mix with Milk.. but use the water-based mixes...

Mine is a cheap brand too :D

It might be the milk that will go off.

Built
12-28-2005, 01:02 PM
Hardboil eggs the night before. That's what I do. I just eat 'em in the car on the way to work.

ryuage
12-28-2005, 01:17 PM
I think I had a chocolate doughnut and a apple fritter with a glass of milk this morning... didnt take me but a few seconds.

ncsuLuke
12-28-2005, 06:37 PM
Hardboil eggs the night before. That's what I do. I just eat 'em in the car on the way to work.

yeah that was one i was definatly thinking about doing

or maybe cereal and a protein shake

what are some cereals that you all have found to actually taste good and be good for you?

Bikkstah
12-28-2005, 06:52 PM
I think I had a chocolate doughnut and a apple fritter with a glass of milk this morning... didnt take me but a few seconds.

Haha

bloodninja
12-28-2005, 07:35 PM
If I'm screwed on time I'll chug a shake and grab a handful of nutri-grain bars to eat in the car.

JesseM
12-29-2005, 01:30 PM
Bowl of maple mini wheats and a shake is what I do.

samlopez
01-17-2013, 10:21 PM
As they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. A lot of healthy food suggestions can be found in the internet. However, we still find it hard to follow or meet our diet plans because of too busy schedules. This is why according to an article I read, breakfast food sales grew from $10 billion to $12 billion between 2007 and 2011. However, we don't meet the nutrition guidelines by the foods we buy..Read more from Breakfast Food Sales (personalmoneynetwork.com/moneyblog/2012/12/.../breakfast-food/) ....