PDA

View Full Version : questions

Burning Angel
12-27-2005, 07:53 PM
I don't no if this is the right subject to have come to but i want to know what weight gain shakes are good and how i could fill my chest in more twards the center? I'm 118 pounds my current squat is 140 5x5 and bench is 135 x5 i beilive.

WBBIRL
12-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Well, for one your in the wrong form.

Secondly you just need to eat more in general... anything shy of 150 is just a bit to small to expect decent muscular size. I would bet if you gained 40 ish pounds of lean body mass you would be alot bigger overall. Why do I say overall??? Because you cannot gain mass in one area.. just as you cannot lose fat from one area (spot reduction). If you only lifted for that one area you could make minimal gains at best but you wont be able to target just the center of the chest.

So my best advice is:

Post in the right section
Use the search function
Gain 50lbs

Stumprrp
12-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Up for my friend! HE WANTS TO BE BIG LIKE UNCLE BOB!...

but not as fat =D

Burning Angel
12-27-2005, 08:05 PM
wat section should i post in

d'Anconia
12-27-2005, 11:05 PM
Well to find some good shakes, go to the 'Supplements' forum. Basically most whey protein products are good, AtLarge Nutrition sells good protein powder so you could try them.

Remember that they are still 'supplements', meaning that they should not substitute for your diet. Get your diet in check, eat a lot of food, and find a decent routine and you'll get bigger. When your body gets bigger as a whole, you will find that your muscles will fill out decently.

Also, just so you know, to gain lbs you are going to have to eat more than your maintenance # of calories (the amount of calories your body burns up on an average day). Welcome to our site.

Nongan
12-27-2005, 11:08 PM
your very lean. just start chowing down everything in sight. you say your 118 pounds.....how tall are you? Btw, you kinda look like Ben Stiller :D

Burning Angel
12-27-2005, 11:37 PM
for one, thank you for welcoming me to the site, nice group of people. I do eat a lot as is but i no i have to eat a lot more my friend suggested i also take Vp2 and Weight Gainer 2200 Gold any good? i haven't quiet looked into them yet plan on doing it when i wake up tomorrow. I'm around 5'4" 5'5" i beilive

Thanks
Bat

Nongan
12-28-2005, 01:42 AM
I don't think you need both a whey and a weight gainer. Pick one or the other, but I find that whey is just fine if you mix it with other things. For example, my shake that I drink everyday after my workout is:

2 cups 2% Milk
2 scoops vanilla whey
2 tbs. honey
2 tbs. natty pb
2 tbs. olive oil
1/2 cup oats.

Thats' plenty of calories and protein, plus its got alot more healthy fats/nutrients than just a weight gainer mix.

And as for you eating alot, I thought I was eating alot too.......until I started tracking it on fitday.com. I found out I was eating roughly 1800-2000 calories a day, which is not near enough. I bumped it up to 3500 calories a day, and in ~2 months I've gained 12 pounds or so, and I'm still just about as lean as I was. So try tracking your foods on fitday.com, and see how much you really are eating, and then start adding to that.

And goodluck with your training!

Built
12-28-2005, 02:33 AM
Good luck - you've had some excellent advice already. I wanted to slip in props to you for working your legs - so wise for one so young!

Now go - eat up!

muscleup
12-28-2005, 07:47 AM
I know it's been said before, but I am going to say it again. Eat.
Eat lots of beef and drink lots of milk.
Real food is more important than any weight gainer you can buy.
The best way to fill out your chest is to Eat.
You want to get big, you are going to have to Eat big.

Bob
12-28-2005, 08:10 AM
Welcome aboard...
You've got a good base to work with from the pic.. just do what the folks are suggesting
Eat, Lift, Sleep...
Eat Right, Lift Hard, Sleep enough...

oh.. and eat some more.. LOL

WBBIRL
12-28-2005, 08:51 AM
The pic wasnt up the first time I posted, so I guess you didnt post in the wrong section.

Like the others have said, eat up my boy. Stay away from the weight gainer 2200 and its other counter parts. I believe they are made by GNC and have a ton of sugar in them. Getting 3000 cals a day wouldnt be overly hard. Having 4 scoops of whey in 2% milk is around 800-1000 right there, need more cals in that shake then toss in 1/2 cup oats. Lean meats like chicken, turkey and leaner cuts of beef are very good to load up on. Tuna, peanuts, olive oil, natty PB, and things like pasta are good to eat for getting bigger also.

Slim Schaedle
12-28-2005, 10:59 AM
how i could fill my chest in more twards the center?Gaining weight in general will help, but your genetics determine what degree of musculature/shape your chest has near the Xyphoid process.

Burning Angel
12-28-2005, 09:13 PM
thanks all for the help i highly appreciate it, and is there any certain work out like close grip bench for the inner chest or something like that?

Unreal
12-28-2005, 09:15 PM
No, you cannot target parts of your chest.

d'Anconia
12-28-2005, 09:30 PM
Burning Angel the idea that one can target certain parts of an individual muscle (in this case the pectoralis major sternal head) is a common misconception. Trust me if you gain a bit of weight it will fill in just fine, right now there just isn't much to fill it in with...

Burning Angel
12-28-2005, 10:53 PM
ok, didn't mean to sound stubborn and such