PDA

View Full Version : Please help me calculate my maintenance

crazyaoshi
12-27-2005, 10:38 PM
I recently got a checkup at my gym, it was the fairly unreliable electrobioimpedence or whatever it's called. I'm still waiting for my callipers, they should arrive early next year. I'm asking for help determining my maintenance calories because the number of calories I'm eating varies a fair bit everyday but I'm not really losing fat weight or getting stronger. Anyway here's the info.

Male 26y 180cm
body weight 81.8kg
LBM 68kg
BF 13.7%

I tend to work out about 90min a day 6 days a week. I'm doing WBB#1 [with standing upright rows added on the bench/deadlift day]. On the off-days I do abs and cardio [45min or so of HIIT]. Here is a spreadsheet I've been keeping with my calories and activity for the month. Hopefully it's easy to understand. Thanks very much for any help.

http://www.geocities.com/crazyaoshi/progress_dec2005.html

Oh BTW with stats like these, is it a good idea to start a bulk? I am honestly tired of cutting, I've never really successfully bulked and I'd like to start anew once I know my maintenance. I believe I have the slowest metabolism humanly possible. I tried bulking before but gained mostly fat. Maybe later I'll post a picture in the picture forum.

Shao-LiN
12-27-2005, 10:46 PM
Track your calories for a week. If you haven't gained or last any weight, you're at maintenance.

Davidelmo
12-28-2005, 06:13 AM
This program kinda helps.

http://www.dietitian.com/ibw/ibw.html

You need to account for how long you sleep, how much exercise etc you do.

crazyaoshi
12-28-2005, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the link. I tried it as best I could and got around 3800 cal/day as my maintenance. I figure that can't be right, if it were I've had a 1500 calorie deficit a day and only lost 1kg of fat in the last month. Or maybe I've been dieting so long that my body's metabolism slowed to a crawl. I remember when I tried bulking and gained mostly fat at 3600/day but that was with a different routine. And yes that was with a gradual progression from 2400-2700-3000-3300-3600 week by week.

And Shao-lin, thanks for the advide but I've been tracking my calories and activity for quite some time but taking into account different amounts of calories, different types of exercise [resistance vs cardio] plus water weight fluctuations I find it hard to calculate.

Anyway unless someone else has a good forumla, or better yet an answer, I'm gonna try 2500/day and see where I go from there.