PDA

View Full Version : And on the 4th Day, my body fought back

bluntspoon
12-29-2005, 07:49 PM
After spending about a week reading everything i could here i went on my first bulk. I'm 6'4 and started at 162lbs. This was 11/29. I ate at least 3500 calories every day, minimum 160grams of protein etc.

The morning of 12/27 i weighed myself and i weighed 175.4lbs. Wow, this stuff works!

I'm doing WBB1 and i hadn't even gone up a pants size. :)

However...... i had eaten like a pig Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and the day after Christmas. I had put on about 3lbs over these three days, i was on a roll. Man i felt good!

My body however, decided to interject with a dose of reality. I havn't been to the bathroom that much in one day in my whole life. :windup:

The next morning, when i weighed myself and the scale read 171lbs.

Oh well, only a 9lb gain for the month. Still not too shabby.

So for all the newbs out there like me. Moderation is your friend. Slow and steady wins the race.

And as the typical tall skinny guy who could never put on weight, believe me, the advice and programs here work wonders.

jkirkpatrick
12-29-2005, 08:13 PM
So for all the newbs out there like me. Moderation is your friend. Slow and steady wins the race.

And as the typical tall skinny guy who could never put on weight, believe me, the advice and programs here work wonders.

I couldn't agree more. Keep it up, dude! :thumbup:

Bob
12-29-2005, 08:19 PM
Awesome growth Blunt... u 2 kirk..
Amazing what a little hard work and food does for a man.. or woman!!

dw06wu
12-29-2005, 09:04 PM
****ting a lot really dehydrates you. You probably just need to drink some more water.

d'Anconia
12-29-2005, 09:15 PM
Nice work blunt. It's all math when it comes to gaining weight and your situation is a prime example.

trasmi21
12-30-2005, 12:33 AM
The morning of 12/27 i weighed myself and i weighed 175.4lbs. Wow, this stuff works!

Nice work, keep it up. How is your progress in the gym?

bluntspoon
12-31-2005, 10:47 PM
Gym progress is slow and steady improvement though that isn't difficult considering how weak i was (am). I was substituting machine exercises for some of the free weight stuff to start, but am doing the WBB1 routine as intended pretty much now.

Squats are being done in a rack, it will be a while before i do those free. Frankly, they scare me with any sort of weight on them. But i'm getting there.

Edit: for spelling, because i can't.

Davidelmo
01-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Nice work ;)

It DOES work, every time. You just have to do the right thing. There's no such thing as CAN'T!