PDA

View Full Version : Howz my diet so far today?

time2grown06
12-31-2005, 02:39 PM
Sorry I don't have times

I've had

maple brown sugar oatmeal
protein slim fast shake (15 grams protein)
chicken n rice soup w/ canned chicken added (approx. 25-30 grams protein)
protein bar (32 grams protein)
glass of milk
an apple
10-15 carrots w/ Italian dressing as a dip
bowl of chili w/ cheddar cheese
lots of h2o
a multi, an omega 3-6-9 capsule, 500 mg vitamin c, ginkgo biloba

Note, today is an "off" day. I am 5-10.5 196 lbs....goal is to keep losing fat and gaining muscle and to be 205 lbs and mostly muscle by my b-day March 6.

Next meal, I plan to make beef stir fry w/ mushrooms, peppers, and onions, with other things that I haven't decided on yet.

Great site you guys have here.

Built
12-31-2005, 02:42 PM
3-6-9 supps are a waste of time. Just get omega 3 (fish oil). And take 10 of 'em - one gram of oil is NOT going to do anything for you.

The rest of your diet - go to www.fitday.com and enter your food. Post up the macros (grams of fat, protein, carb, total cals) along with your LBM and goals.

time2grown06
12-31-2005, 02:51 PM
that fitday thing is kind of hard to do because they don't have a category for chili, and protein bars and shakes

Unreal
12-31-2005, 03:16 PM
You add them yourself. Custom foods.

Cut150
12-31-2005, 04:21 PM
In my opinion, Fitday is actually perfect if you are eating things with labels on the side. You make the custom foods, save them and from then on out the only thing you have to change is the amount of food you ate.

The first couple of weeks putting in the nutrition facts is a pain, but after that it should be a breeze. Even the foods without labels, like chicken and fruits and vegetables, Fitday already has done the work for you. Although, it doesn't seem to register Vitamin K amounts with accuracy to me.

Play with it for awhile, you'll get the hang of it.

time2grown06
12-31-2005, 05:31 PM
Ok, I'll try to get the fitday breakdown in order in the next couple days

Here is another question...I keep reading how guys are taking in up to 100 grams of maltodextrin and/or dextrose before and after workouts, but wouldn't that high amount be a potential problem for diabetes?

Built
12-31-2005, 06:29 PM
Not if you're training.

Bikkstah
12-31-2005, 06:51 PM
I'd say ditch the instant oatmeal, I think it was Built who told me that when I first arrived here and it was some great advice.

My FitDay consists of completely custom foods except for frozen chicken breasts and milk. Everything else, such as protein powder, are custom entered. It's a PITA at first, but once you have everything you normally eat programmed in, it's point and click.

time2grown06
01-11-2006, 07:08 PM
ignore...test

malkore
01-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Here is another question...I keep reading how guys are taking in up to 100 grams of maltodextrin and/or dextrose before and after workouts, but wouldn't that high amount be a potential problem for diabetes?

Not really, especially not compared to drinking a 6-pack of soda a day and sitting on your ass watching tv. That's the reason so many of america's kids are obese and getting type 2 diabetes...the kind of diabetes we used to mainly see in 40-something adults. High fructose corn syrup is the devil!

Gutz981
01-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Yea I'd have to say ditch the packaged oatmeal and go for the real stuff. Throw it in a blender with your morning shake and slug it. Or it will settle at the bottom and its like chewing wood at that point :).

Hatred
01-12-2006, 06:15 PM
I have a question...
How much money do I have?
I have some:
green papers with 1's,5's,and 20's on them...
How much money do I have?