PDA

View Full Version : New to the board, here's a quick picture

playboy_26
01-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Here is a quick picture just to show what I am starting with. I weigh 225 an bench 335. My goal is to get over 400 pounds, add some muscle and shed some fat. Tell me what you think.

playboy_26
01-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Oops, wrong picture, here is the one I meant to post.

rookiebldr
01-01-2006, 03:14 PM
Yup, they still make 'em big in Texas. Looks like you are doing very well size wise. Although it's tough to really tell with the two pictures, one being so distorted.

playboy_26
01-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Yup, they still make 'em big in Texas. Looks like you are doing very well size wise. Although it's tough to really tell with the two pictures, one being so distorted.The first one is actually a picture of my car. I had just waxed it and it gave a pretty good reflection. No matter how big I get I just want to get bigger. I thought I would be happy when I benched 315, now I just want to get past 400. I want to cut my body fat down in the single digits though. And work alot on my arms.

Bob
01-01-2006, 06:20 PM
How about those tree trunks??
Squating will help those BP numbers...
Great progress so far...

eastbaylifter
01-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Great starting point. Any more specific goals?

playboy_26
01-03-2006, 06:05 AM
Great progress so far...That's actually one thing that I really don't concentrate on is the legs. When I was growing up I lived at a ski resort, so in the winter I would ski, and in the summer I would mountain bike. Doing that made my legs pretty much huge, and my upper body wasn't getting any workout. So, when I joined the army and started lifting, I wanted to get evened out. I have finally accomplished that, now I will start the big leg routine as well. Don't get me wrong, I lift legs, it's just if I miss a day at the gym I will just skip my leg workout rather than upper body. I am gonna make it a point not to miss any days from here on out though. And If I do, I will try and make up some of it on my bowflex at home. Someone told me your bicep size was kinda relevant to your calf size, is that true, or were they blowing smoke??

playboy_26
01-03-2006, 06:29 AM
Great progress so far...Here's a picture of the trunks.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/326000-326999/326829_78_full.jpg

playboy_26
01-03-2006, 06:30 AM
Like I said, just keep in mind that I don't lift legs that often. They will get better though. Hard to see definition through all that hair too.

MM
01-03-2006, 08:54 AM
Legs actually look pretty good; squatting will fill them out and give you some good definition (tear drop!) and also move you up on the scale. Plus, when you get asked "how much do you squat?", you'll be able to give an actual number.

Built
01-03-2006, 08:59 AM
Indeed - and you do NOT want to look like a "light bulb".

What are you doing for the hammies and calves?

WBBIRL
01-03-2006, 11:04 AM
Sqauting releases more test into your body then any other compound movement ( Im 90% sure of this ). You dont want to dive out on the leggies.

Overall you look fairly big and it seems that your pretty lean as well. My guess would be that your useing a good bit of the muscular potential that you have right now, may I suggest gaining some LBM to help you in the quest to the 400+ BP

playboy_26
01-07-2006, 10:16 AM
Sqauting releases more test into your body then any other compound movement ( Im 90% sure of this ). You dont want to dive out on the leggies.

Overall you look fairly big and it seems that your pretty lean as well. My guess would be that your useing a good bit of the muscular potential that you have right now, may I suggest gaining some LBM to help you in the quest to the 400+ BP
I am definatly gonna start squatting next week. Get some numbers to post up and hopefully get that test up in the body. Do most of you use the smith machine to squat, or just the regular squat??

WBBIRL
01-07-2006, 10:18 AM
Dont use a smith machine for anything, unless there is just no other way to perform the lift in question. Smith machines elimante every stabalizer muscle there is.