PDA

View Full Version : Just getting started

norris
01-02-2006, 11:15 AM
I'm probably going to get told to eat a lot of food but I started working out real light maybe 6 months ago, and have been lifting and really been getting into it for only one or two months now.

Just saying hello and I figured I'd post some pictures now and then once again every few weeks or something to keep track of how I'm doing, give me any advice if you'd like.

Trying to keep my bodyfat and size down but I want to tone up everything and put some decent muscle on my upper body mostly.

5'9 1/2" 115 pounds not sure of my body fat %

galileo
01-02-2006, 11:33 AM
5'9" 115 is really small, man. Good luck putting on the weight!

Patz
01-02-2006, 11:45 AM
You have a good shape..

Eat EVERYTHING in sight. You can bulk for a year solid..hell, maybe forever..lol.

Don't neglect your legs. Do a search for why..

HelpMeLift
01-02-2006, 01:22 PM
^^^

yeah man you're lean so just eat right and hit the weights hard.
I had a friend go from 98 lbs to almost 130 lbs after like 2 years of on and off training and most of that is LBM. hope you get the results you want man. peace

Davidelmo
01-02-2006, 01:53 PM
I'm sure you can do better than 30lbs in 2yrs if you dedicate. At your size it should be easy to see results quickly too!

Dont neglect your legs. I know it may be popular to have a good upper body but your legs are your biggest muscles and they carry your weight. If you neglect them your whole body strength will suffer (plus you look silly!)

norris
01-02-2006, 07:42 PM
Haha don't worry I'm going to work my legs out too it's just hard because all the equipment my dad has is for upper body except the treadmill, which I try to stay off because I don't want to lose anymore weight =P

I think I'm going to get a gym membership at soon as I can get a steady ride or my license soon

Anyone know what combination of workouts/machines can get me a body a little more built than this in as little time as possible?
http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/4575/thisbuild17lb.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

KingJustin
01-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Don't worry about doing workouts designed to look like that guy. Work on putting on mass and in a couple years you can start messing with your proportions and body fat.

norris
01-03-2006, 04:57 AM
Don't worry about doing workouts designed to look like that guy. Work on putting on mass and in a couple years you can start messing with your proportions and body fat.

Haha I didn't mean it like that I just want a build about that big and cut, I think you have the wrong idea of me though, if I worked out like I have been for a "couple years" I'd be way bigger than I want to be, I'm not just trying to be huge.

What I've heard mostly is "eat lots and lots of protein" so I started doing a smoothie type shake when I wake up, I never ate breakfast usually so it's a good thing. Today's eggs/bologna/milk/orange smoothie had plenty of vitamins and protein but just about made me lose my stomach.

Can anyone reccomend a safe protein suppliment I could put in shakes or something? I'd rather it be something common I can pick up at the mall than have to convince my parents to use their CC =P

Thanks for everything so far, sorry about all the questions.

1r15h
01-03-2006, 09:52 AM
I dont think there would be too many unsafe protein powders out there, although if your goal is to get like that guy you are going to need the size before the definition I assume.
I personally would keep the protein high, and fill that out with a decent amount of calories in order to grow then once you are packing a decent amount of muscle, think about your cut then.

MM
01-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Haha don't worry I'm going to work my legs out too it's just hard because all the equipment my dad has is for upper body except the treadmill, which I try to stay off because I don't want to lose anymore weight =P

I think I'm going to get a gym membership at soon as I can get a steady ride or my license soon

Anyone know what combination of workouts/machines can get me a body a little more built than this in as little time as possible?
http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/4575/thisbuild17lb.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

No combination of workouts/machines is going to get you a body like that. The only combination that's going to get you a body like that is dedication/diet. That guy has an elite body; if by some chance you have genetics similar to his, you'd be lucky to get to a body like that in 2-3 years, naturally. Good luck.

Bob
01-03-2006, 01:10 PM
bologna in a protein shake??? No wonder you wanted to lose your stomach.. eekkkk!!

As far as your legs go.. you can work them with any weight your father has...
Nothing wrong with throwing the bar up on your back and doing some squats?
Or load up a couple of dumbbells and do squats, step-ups, etc..

Good luck and welcome aboard... your leanness should be easy to build upon..

norris
01-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the tips and wishing me good luck guys, just a small update;

I got a gym membership tonight and managed to sneak in a little work out before they closed, but I plan on going a good 4 times a week and I'll take some better pictures as I go, also I think I'm going to buy a ton of whey protein and add it to my diet

norris
01-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Sorry forgot, I had another question regarding my bench

When I was 15 (y/o) I maxed out at 60, 16 maybe 70, and then since I've been working out more since I turned 17; I've got it up to 90.

Now if I benched 90 3 months ago and have been working out and eating more (both of them quite a bit more) since then, and I'm going to start kicking it up a much bigger notch, do you think it's possible for me to bench 120 or 125 by valentines day?

I weigh about 116 now and plan on weighing between 120 and 125 by then (which is also my 18th birthday) and would like to bench my own body weight or more, just curious if this is possible in this amount of time with only natural supliments involved

deeder
01-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Sorry forgot, I had another question regarding my bench

When I was 15 (y/o) I maxed out at 60, 16 maybe 70, and then since I've been working out more since I turned 17; I've got it up to 90.

Now if I benched 90 3 months ago and have been working out and eating more (both of them quite a bit more) since then, and I'm going to start kicking it up a much bigger notch, do you think it's possible for me to bench 120 or 125 by valentines day?

I weigh about 116 now and plan on weighing between 120 and 125 by then (which is also my 18th birthday) and would like to bench my own body weight or more, just curious if this is possible in this amount of time with only natural supliments involved

Yes. However, it depends entirely upon you. Provided you don't over/undertrain and you eat right I believe that is a very achievable goal. Post your routine in the appropriate section and read everything you can in the diet/nutrition section.

norris
01-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Thank you for the information and advice, my last question I can think of right now is there any way to guess your body fat % accurately? I'm 5'9 1/2" still and like I said maybe 116 or 117 pounds depending on the day, 27" waist, don't know most of my measurements other than that though..

ROMANMAN
01-13-2006, 09:13 AM
Well since you have visible abs its below 10 id say 8-10ish.