PDA

View Full Version : New and very impressed with this site.

Tacklebait
01-03-2006, 11:57 PM
Well heres a picture of me last year.. i'm 6'2 and was back then about 210.. now i'm sitting at around 175.

Now i've never focused on bulking and cutting before. All i've done is lifted and drink a protein shake afterwards.

Now i have to be below 190 for the end of may otherwise i'm to fat to fly in a helicopter. So should i bulk for a period and leave myself a couple months to loose the weight? 3 months of bulking? and 2 months of cutting? Or should i just maintain what i'm doing.

*Upadate*

Well when you ask my split i'm guessing its my routine for the week.

Monday- Chest/tris
Tuesday - 3 mile run
wednesday- Back / bis
thursday- 3 mile run
friday- legs (its hit or miss.. don't like doing legs much. i hike alot tho)

And as for my nutrition for the day i think thats been my biggest down fall. I really need to start researching what i should be eating in a day.

Built
01-04-2006, 12:22 AM
I'd lift heavy and maintain on a better diet. What are you eating now? If you don't know, go to www.fitday.com and enter a typical day to get your maintenance cals. Post up your macros.

What is your current lifting split?

d'Anconia
01-04-2006, 12:38 AM
Tacklebait just make sure you give yourself at least 1 week/lb to lose when you are on your cut and you shouldn't have a problem. Just read around and you'll get the hang of things.

Welcome.

Tofer
01-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Legs shouldn't be hit or miss, even if you do hike. You want that house you're planning on building to have a strong foundation, right? Legs should never be neglected. I would also spend some time on your shoulders too, which you can add to your legs day if you want to stay with a three day split.

If you're doing [relatively] long distance running 2-3 times a week it will be slightly more difficult to bulk. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying that you'll need to make up the calories you're burning by eating a lot more food to stay above maintenance. Personally, I wouldn't bother with the running until you're on a cut (and even then you probably wouldn't want to be doing long distance running--actually some would argue you don't need to be doing any cardio at all) but that's just my personal opinion.

As for nutrition, there's a great thread on what a bodybuilder should be eating in the diet section. I highly advise you check it out, as well as taking Built's advice on starting an account on fitday.com.