PDA

View Full Version : Frozen dinners????

pjfan
01-05-2006, 04:34 AM
5 days of the week I eat two frozen dinners. Usually healthy choice or south beach diet. It's easy and fast, but how are the nutrients? I know the grams and all and they're not bad and know real food is better. Are the frozen dinners beneficial? Thanks

TheGimp
01-05-2006, 04:51 AM
Beneficial? Probably not... Acceptable? Sure, as long as they fit into your daily calorie and macronutrient needs and don't contain any "must avoid" ingredients like trans fats.

tigo
01-05-2006, 06:16 AM
i would stick to higher quality ones like lean cuisine, or healthy choice.. maybe South beach.. those i know are flash frozen. the only problem is that it takes 2-3 forme to get full :|

Mercuryblade
01-05-2006, 06:24 AM
South beach is good stuff actually, they make alot of their things with canola oil and whole wheat flour rather than corn oil and white flour. Too expensive for my tastes however.

Mick357
01-05-2006, 11:41 AM
but how are the nutrients? I know the grams and all and they're not bad and know real food is better. Are the frozen dinners beneficial? Thanks

dont they list their ingredients/nutritional content on the side/back of the box???

Shao-LiN
01-05-2006, 07:25 PM
dont they list their ingredients/nutritional content on the side/back of the box???

Well, if you fill in the gaps to compensate for awkward grammar and read what he wrote, you would see that he knows the nutritional info. He's asking the broad question, "is this good for me?"

HILL
01-06-2006, 04:05 AM
I dnt think frozen foods are good for you personally because of all the **** they put into it to make it last longer. however from a cut/bulk point of view as long as it fits into your micros for the day your good to go