PDA

View Full Version : What should I be keeping track of?

Celestial
01-07-2002, 10:09 PM
I am gonna start writing everything down! What should I?

Cals? Fat grams? carbs? what else? Any help would be great thanx!

Joe Black
01-08-2002, 02:00 AM
i personally don't write anything down.

Seeing as I planned out my diet and how much I eat b4 hand I know I just have to eat it and know what I am getting.

However if you want to document it, jot down meal times, carbs, protein, fat, calories for each meal, supplements, water intake and perhaps how you are felling on those days.

Pup
01-08-2002, 05:44 AM
What i like to do is set up all my calories and ratios for the week, then eat accordingly. I usually list my training stuff too. Listing the calories is nice because if you aren't losing weight, you can always look back at the previous week and decide how many you want to cut and from what food source.

ericg
01-08-2002, 07:27 AM
Ya list the goal macros (carbs, pro and fat) for a week (along with planned meal times). Then each time you eat more or less during each meal, record that; or if you eat the meal earlier/later than planned. No sense of recording if your diet is dead on, in this case, make a note for that day that it is dead on.

I would also keep track of your "stats". Take some measurements and weigh yourself every week AT THE SAME TIME. I usually like to do this first thing in the morning (after you hit the head of course). Along with this; keep some pictures of yourself. Take them every month. Lastly, keep track of you lifts (lbs's, reps, sets) and if your energy level.