PDA

View Full Version : Breading Chicken And Steak?

big calvin
01-06-2006, 08:52 AM
i just wanted to ask i love breaded chicken breast and steaks and normally i would do them in some oil but i have ben doing the chicken in the oven so i was thinking is there a big harm in using flour when your losing bodyfat? i was thinking doing the chicken in the oven and doing the steaks in pam or maybe lite olive oil.. do any of you guys do this? i just think it helps wen grilled chicken breast gets boring.

muscleup
01-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Hmmm, baked chicken in the oven with a type of breading on it.
I usually beat an egg in a bowl and dip the chicken in it so the breading will stick to the chicken. Then dip the chicken into the breading that I have measured in another bowl. I use a seasoned breading usually and just keep track of the nutrion facts on the label. Never used just plain flour.
Spray the pan you bake it in with Pam or you could use a small amount of olive oil. It's basically used to prevent the meat from sticking.

I would only calculate the oz of chicken and the breading used.

big calvin
01-06-2006, 09:20 AM
yup thats how i normally do it cept i dont really flour i use something but i dont know how its called in english ..in spanish its calle "arena pan" but i guess i used the oven cause i normally use alot of oil(deep fry it almost)...but i guess i just thought everyone used flour cept me lol... but yea i do a mix of "arena pan", complete seasoning and garlic powder in the mix and after i cook it pour some lime juice on top!! good to go!! lol

FREAKZILLA
01-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Latley I have been using wheat flower, Crushed Oatbran, and Some Red Pepper flakes. Use egg white to hold. Talk about delicious!