PDA

View Full Version : I need help gaining weight

Superman281
01-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Im 15 yrs old i weigh about 140..i started working out in my garage about 2yrs ago i weighed 115 and finally step it up to a real gym then i really started gaining,but im still lean and trying to put weight on.I need tips on the best protein supplement to gain weight and how many meals should i be getting in a day?Any advice how i could gain weight would be helpful. THANKS

ShockBoxer
01-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Protein supplements don't make you gain weight. Calories make you gain weight.

Go to www.fitday.com

Enter everything that goes in your mouth.

Track your weight for two weeks doing this.

If there's no change, add 500 calories a day in food.

Repeat until you're gaining a pound a week and getting huge.

Superman281
01-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Thanks man i will defintely try this

Mick357
01-07-2006, 01:07 AM
i started working out in my garage about 2yrs ago i weighed 115 and finally step it up to a real gym then i really started gaining, THANKS

What did you do to make those gains?

Superman281
01-08-2006, 01:25 AM
man 2 tell u the truth i really started getting dedicated to it all and i started taken protein shakes but i never really ate alot...the only things i workout out in my garage were chest and biceps and i was using an ladder for an ab workout it was sum crazy sh*t then when i went 2 a real gym i started 2 workout everything,after an month i got an workout partner then i started figuring out my form,endurance,strength and all of that sh*t.

ShockBoxer
01-08-2006, 07:25 AM
What did you do to make those gains?

He aged two years while working out as a growing young man getting at least enough food.

HILL
01-08-2006, 07:55 AM
The only way to gain weight is to be in a calorie surplus getting atleast 1-1.5g of protein per lean pound of ody weight and 0.5 g of healthy good fats per pound of lbm. As shockboxer said count your cals and add 500 a day until your gaining how you want to be gaining. lift heavy and ure sorted

Davidelmo
01-08-2006, 08:02 AM
man 2 tell u the truth i really started getting dedicated to it all and i started taken protein shakes but i never really ate alot...the only things i workout out in my garage were chest and biceps and i was using an ladder for an ab workout it was sum crazy sh*t then when i went 2 a real gym i started 2 workout everything,after an month i got an workout partner then i started figuring out my form,endurance,strength and all of that sh*t.

legs?

PBX4Sho
01-08-2006, 08:33 AM
how long have you been on a certain routine? if for a while, switch it up, your body may have come acustomed to it.

cphafner
01-08-2006, 09:07 AM
This should be in the nutrition forum.

Go read the stickies in that forum, and the articles on WBB.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=65848
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=18084

Superman281
01-08-2006, 05:34 PM
legs?
davidelmo,,i just started working out legs about an couple months ago before that i was only doing upper body

how long have you been on a certain routine? if for a while, switch it up, your body may have come acustomed to it.
i've been on an routine for 3 months ya it is time to change it up ill start that this week.

ill try 2 get sum pics for u guys, im really just tryn to get sum weight on because i think iam 2 lean ill let yall check em out and see wat u think

bschatz88
01-08-2006, 06:39 PM
It sounds like you're on the right track, and it's good to see that you're working your legs now too. You've got plenty of advice given already. Get to it.

thajeepster
01-09-2006, 06:15 AM
sure wish i started lifting at 13...

Keep it up, lift hard and eat. Youll get up there.

Davidelmo
01-09-2006, 02:22 PM
davidelmo,,i just started working out legs about an couple months ago before that i was only doing upper body

i've been on an routine for 3 months ya it is time to change it up ill start that this week.

ill try 2 get sum pics for u guys, im really just tryn to get sum weight on because i think iam 2 lean ill let yall check em out and see wat u think

Sounds good!

Eat more, lift heavy stuff and rest.