PDA

View Full Version : Cardio workout

CJMAJOR
01-08-2002, 09:32 AM
I was just wondering what cardio excercise people do with their workout. I have heard some people say that if you keep your tempo up when lifting you should burn fat then. But i have also heard people say they don't do cardio with trying to build because cardio burns away some of their muscle. So do you guys run a mile once a week or what do you guys do?

syntekz
01-08-2002, 10:49 AM
I personally don't do any cardio. I'm not lean by any means, but with a diet I could lean out without doing cardio.

wmiller
01-08-2002, 10:53 AM
Right now I am trying to lean out, so I am running three miles three times a week.

When I was trying to gain weight, I was running maybe three miles a week. Probably not even that much.

IceRgrrl
01-08-2002, 10:53 AM
I do cardio mainly b/c I play a sport in which cardiovascular fitness/recovery is important AND because I enjoy it. It also helps me stay lean, which is more of an issue for us females...

I do a lot of interval training but mix it up with some general endurance/steady state workouts and light "recovery" type efforts as well.

I run outside and on the treadmill indoors, do Spinning workouts (indoor interval cycling) and occasionally do the stairmachine/elliptical/rower for variety.

ericg
01-08-2002, 11:13 AM
hey anyone use elliptical machines?? i was surfing the TV last night and noticed that the HSN had one cheap...looked decent

your thoughts....

wmiller
01-08-2002, 11:15 AM
I like the elliptical machines. Very low impact so they aren't as bad on the knees as running.

IceRgrrl
01-08-2002, 11:17 AM
I use them every once in awhile...I find that I have to really crank up the resistance/incline to get my heart rate up where I like it to be. Any cardio machine gets really boring to me unless I can watch TV or something...

If you're thinking about buying a cardio machine, you might want to check Consumer Reports and other reviews to gather info on reliability and quality.

ericg
01-08-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by IceRgrrl
I use them every once in awhile...I find that I have to really crank up the resistance/incline to get my heart rate up where I like it to be. Any cardio machine gets really boring to me unless I can watch TV or something...

If you're thinking about buying a cardio machine, you might want to check Consumer Reports and other reviews to gather info on reliability and quality.

ya as i watched the program it looked like it took a lot to get your heart pumping and lungs working