PDA

View Full Version : CoolBeans' Log

CoolBeans
01-09-2006, 12:15 AM
Well it's my final semester and after 3.5 years of engineering school, and I'm not the stud I used to be when I entered college. The stress and workload make it a total bitch to get anything done fitness wise. For about the past year, I've been making it to the gym less and less, and eating worse and worse. While I've made huge strides in gym during college (in some areas), I did NOT put on 50lb of muscle over these four years.

I'm about 5' 11" and approx 240lb. I'm going to do an offical weigh in tomorrow with body fat %, which I estimate is around 25%.

I've decided to quit being a pussy and get cut. I'm going to shoot for about 205-210lb for my long term goal. I've got a sweet engineering job starting in June 26th, so I want to go through a transformation starting today so I'll be fit and trim for the corporate world.

Anyway, it's late and I've gotta go to the gym tomorrow morning, so I'll post a brief estimated diet of what I have planned.

(Not totally in order, cept Meal 1 and 6)
Meal 1 1 cup Oatmeal + Protein Shake (two scoops)
Meal 2 Peanut Butter Sandwich (bring with me to classes)
Meal 3 Two Chicken Breasts + Sweet Potato
Meal 4 Salad with vinegar/oil
Meal 5 Two servings of peanuts + Veggies (Figure I can take the peanuts with me)
Meal 6 Protein Shake (two scoops)

Snacks - Hard Boiled Egg Whites, Veggies

This runs about 2100-2200 calories with approx 30/30/40 breakdown. It's a little low for my body weight but I'm typically a slow loser. The whole idea of the food selection is the fact that I will be lucky to be home more than twice a day. I can bring the sandwich, shakes, peanuts, etc. with me easily. I know it's not ideal, but it'll have to do.

I'll post my workout when after I get done tweaking it. I'm hestiant to post what I'm working out with now, since I have lost a bit of strength, but my PRs are as follows

@ 240lb approx
Bench: 375lb - 1 rep max
Deadlift : 475lb - 1 rep max
Squat: 425 - 1 rep max

Bob
01-09-2006, 07:33 AM
Great mentality CoolBeans... sounds like you are getting ready for the "real" world..

Your PRs are pretty "stud"ly.. even if you have lost a little, you should be able to get it back quickly..

Good luck...