PDA

View Full Version : weak stomach

cwm
01-09-2006, 08:30 PM
My brother has had a weak stomach since he was really young. He has been trying to eat more and more....small meals for over a year now. Weight gainer shakes anything just upset his stomach when he trys to eat a lot. Anyone know of any foods that are good for someone with a weak stomach.

cphafner
01-09-2006, 08:37 PM
My brother has had a weak stomach since he was really young. He has been trying to eat more and more....small meals for over a year now. Weight gainer shakes anything just upset his stomach when he trys to eat a lot. Anyone know of any foods that are good for someone with a weak stomach.

Upset like he pukes? Shakes have a lot of sugar, that might be causing an issue.

lifterman87
01-18-2006, 06:09 PM
I think it's just part of adjusting. I've felt sick in the past from eating a lot. If your body isn't used to you cramming all that extra food in, it's probably protesting. Your appetite just has to adapt i guess.

CrazyPalm
01-21-2006, 05:22 PM
I know how he feels and I wish I had the answer. I worked out that it isn't alcohol and it isn't chilli and it isn't lack of fibre (they were my first 3 suspects). I have had food poisoning so many times that I've lost count. I'm even starting to wonder if I have IBS. Until I work it out though I'm still going to keep trying to eat my bodyweight in meat.

Bruise Brubaker
01-21-2006, 05:30 PM
Food poisoning = lack of beneficial intestinal flora.

Correctable with yogurt, kefir, unpasteurized sauerkraut or any other of your favorite probiotic.