PDA

View Full Version : Fruit Snacks

PaulB
01-09-2006, 10:50 PM
I was wondering if those small containers of fruit snacks that you can buy (example: Del Monte Lite Fruit Cup- Mixed Fruit Snack) are ok to eat with everymeal. They have such a high sugar content (12gs per 4oz serving in this example). I'm not currently lifting or doing any aerobic exercises for the moment. Because of the sugar content I'm curious if I should be eating these in the morning or only during certain parts of the day. My metabolism has been pretty slow ever since my drinking debacle and I dont want anything impeding whats left. Any inputs appreciated

Paul

Scooter
01-09-2006, 11:24 PM
It really depends on everything else you're eating to determine if it's okay to eat those. I would say they are okay in a general sense.

pruneman
01-11-2006, 10:37 AM
You should eat real fruit. Eating those little cups is like getting your veggies by eating french fries.

ArchAngel777
01-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Anything with added refined suger or even a high amount of fructose corn syrup I would avoid. The problem with those foods is that they make your hungry and can cause you you lose control and binge eat. That is why keeping a diet clean is the best chance for success. The more refined sugar and sweets you place in your diet the more difficult it will be to resist the cravings. To keep cravings to a minimum, be sure to avoid sweets, refined sugars and the likes and eat plenty of good healthy foods (Veggies!!!)

Good Luck