PDA

View Full Version : Concerned about my diet

puny_ectomorph
01-14-2006, 08:37 PM
Hello all,

I recently started tracking my calories on fitday.com, and noticed something rather disturbing. For some background, here's a sample of my daily intake (I'm on a straight bulk):

Breakfast: 4 boiled eggs, 2 slices bread

Midmorning: Roast beef sandwhich w/ cheese

Lunch: Roast beef sandwhich w/ cheese, banana

Midafternoon: 1 boiled egg, slice of cheese

Dinner: salmon fillet, steak, or chicken; potato w/ butter & sour cream; 1-2 cups veggies

Evening: 1/4 lb cheddar cheese

In addition I drink a weight gainer shake once a day, and a full gallon of whole milk.

According to fitday.com, I'm getting the 5,000 cals per day I need to add bulk. However, 41% of my caloric intake is fat. I've been on this for six months now, have seen good results (35 pound gain), and haven't gained much fat; but, I am worried about what I am doing to my overall health.

Am I freaking out over nothing, or is there a better way to get in 5,000 cals per day?

Thanks,
-puny-

Sidior
01-14-2006, 09:27 PM
if the gains are coming and your fat gain has been minimal I would not stress at all

tigo
01-14-2006, 09:31 PM
^ exactly

hell the higher fat levels in your diet probably boosts your testosterone

brickt.
01-14-2006, 11:18 PM
41% of diet of fat is fine, aslong as your getting in the other essentials (vegies, fruit, efas)

pruneman
01-15-2006, 05:20 AM
Having a diet that is high in fat is notnecessarily bad as long as you are eating healthy fats. The sources of fat in your diet are: eggs, steak, cheese, butter, and whole milk. These are not healthy fats. If you want to avoid the health risks that people typically associate with a high fat diet, you should choose better sources of fats...olive oil, nuts, avocado, etc.