PDA

View Full Version : First BJJ Tournament

Chubrock
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
Well guys, I got back from my first tournament yesterday, and I'm sorry, but I didn't win it for WBB. There were well over 100 people competiting, and 16 in just my division alone. I made the mistake of not eating or drinking all day, and my body burned out on me halfway through the match. I didn't lose by submission (lost by points) but I just didn't have anything in the tank to compete with. The guy I lost to was VERY strong, and a 4 stripe white belt, which means pretty soon he'll be making the bump to blue belt. I hate to lose, but I learned so much by competiting and I'm glad I did. This download should be much faster than it normally is, as I'm using a different host.

http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1YQJJTEYE2B782VMQYREXE8QHP

MrWebb78
01-15-2006, 04:28 PM
I congratulate you for having the sack to admit to this forum that you didn't eat before any competition.

on a more serious note, hope you had fun, learned a bit, and better luck next time.

Chubrock
01-15-2006, 04:35 PM
Hahaha, I know I know. I ate something like for breakfast, and I was under the impression that I would be competiting shortly after arriving at the tournament. Well 12 rolled around and I hadn't competed yet, but I figured that any minute now they'd call me up, and I didn't want a lot on my stomach. By two, I didn't think many divisions were left, so any second now they should call me. Well I was wrong there. Got at the venue at about 9:30, and didn't compete until after 4. Lesson learned.

getfit
01-15-2006, 08:14 PM
sweet,it's an experience, i'm sure you'll do well next time :)

Utopianhopes
01-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Glade you learn your lesson. I am still confused on what I just finish watching. What are the rules for the BJJ Tournament?...

Chubrock
01-16-2006, 07:45 AM
GF- Thanks. I'm gonna try my best. At least I know what to expect now.

Utopian- At the BJJ tourney, each match is a max 5 minutes. You are granted points for different positions that you hold (ie mount=4, rear mount,hooks in= 4 etc etc). These points add up during the 5 minutes. If you nobody wins by submission, then the person with the highest point total wins. That guy had more points than me, so he won.

Roark
01-16-2006, 08:04 AM
was it the budweiser cup?

Chubrock
01-16-2006, 09:41 AM
The Budweiser Jiu Jitsu World Cup is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu tournament held in Concord, NC every year. Usually draws over 100 competitors.