PDA

View Full Version : It's Now or Never.

eps
01-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Background

After 2+ years of on-and-off lifting and dieting, I finally realized that I'm always going to have work, school, and general distractions thrown at me. And if I can't organize my dieting/training schedule around life now, then I will never achieve the body I want to get.

Another problem I had is that I never tracked my progress other than by looking at the scale. So today I'm going to walk on the road to change all that :cool: And I think a journal is added motivation to stay on that road :cool:

As of late, I'm at 182 lbs, 22 % bf. My blood pressure was rather high a couple of months ago. But fortunately, it dropped siginificantly from a 13 lb weight loss and lots of cardio (went from 145+/90 --> 122/74)

I tend to become what you might call "skinny fat". This happens to me during busy points in my life where I don't diet or train and my body just drops most of my hard-earned LBM. I would like to bulk up again to hit the 200 lb range, but I think I will have a much more successful bulk if I can first get lean. I want to get down to 9-10% BF before I go big again..

Down to business

The Training

I'm going to do the following 3-day split, for the purpose of holding on to what LBM I have left, and every other day do moderate cardio to help keep the BP low. The cardio will probably be a moderate 45 minutes on a treadmill until I build up myself until for doing HIIT in a 15 minute range.

Sunday:
Completely OFF

Monday:
OFF (Cardio)

Tuesday: Chest and Shoulders

DB Bench -- 1 warm up set (15 reps); 3 working sets (10, 8, then 6 reps)
DB Shoulder Press -- 1 warm set (10 reps); 3 working sets (10, 10, then 8 reps)
Dips -- 2 working sets (8 then 8)
DB Shoulder Lateral Raise -- 1 warm up set (15 reps); 2 working sets (10 then 8 reps)

Wednesday:
OFF (Cardio)

Thursday: Back and Abs
Deadlifts -- 1 warm up set (8 reps); 3 working sets (8, 6, then 4 reps)
Pull-ups -- 3 working sets (10, 8, then 6 reps)
Rows -- 1 warm up (8 sets); 3 working sets (8, 8, then 6 reps)
Hanging Ab Crunches -- 2 working sets (15 then 15 reps)

Friday:
OFF (Cardio)

Saturday: Quads, Hams, and Calves
Squats -- 1 warm up set (15 reps); 3 working sets (8, 6, then 4 reps)
SLDLs -- 1 warm up set (10 reps); 3 working sets (8, 6, then 4 reps)
Calf Raises -- 1 warm up set (25 reps); 2 working sets (20 then 20 reps)

Nothing fancy, just gonna lift hard and heavy

The Diet

I have no idea what my maintainance calories are, but I'm going to aim for 3000 cals and adjust until I see minor weekly weight changes. Ultimately I'd like to aim for a loss of 1 lb a week.

The details of the diet are here (http://wannabebigforums.com/showpost.php?p=1273375&postcount=7).

And Lastly ...

My new body tape measurements made me cringe :zipit: but here they go:

(Left/Right), (in inches)

Arms: 14/14.25
Quads: 21.5/21
Calves: 14.5/14.5
Chest: 40
Waist: 39

I'm going to post my first numbers tomorrow, later

eps
01-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Tuesday: Chest and Shoulders

I've lost a good bit of strength but I feel confident it will come back soon.

My biggest concern is not the numbers but the fact that I am very short on breath once I reach the end of my 2nd or 3rd set - which caused me to stop prematurely for a couple of exercises. I felt like my _muscles_ could lift more, but I was too out of breath to continue. Ah well.

More cardio should help this out; in fact, I signed up for a jogging class at 7:30 in the morning to help with this :cool:

DB Bench -- 1 warm up set (15x 25s); 3 working sets (10x50s, 6x55s, then 3x60s)
DB Shoulder Press -- 1 warm set (10x30s); 3 working sets (8x30s, --, --)
Dips -- 2 working sets (8 then 5 x body weight)
DB Shoulder Lateral Raise -- 1 warm up set (15x15s); 2 working sets (10x20s, 8x25s)

I'll update my sig once I get through squats and DLs. Diet is on top so far.

Just keep pushing forward