PDA

View Full Version : Traps

Chaos229
01-17-2006, 09:48 PM
What are some good exercises to develop some good traps? Want to work on getting a bigger back and traps. Would appreciate any input and advice thanks. Here's a pic, I just recently got back into the gym and have already starting working on the eating a proper diet portion, now just need some good lifting exercises, sure i'll find plenty on this site though.

cphafner
01-18-2006, 12:27 AM
Your traps look fine in that picture, your shoulder looks like they need some help.

d'Anconia
01-18-2006, 01:08 AM
Yeah I'm with CPhafner on this one. If anything your traps are big compared to the rest of your upper body (at least from what I can see).

Fenrir
01-18-2006, 06:07 AM
shrugs are good, but you look like you have done a good job on them before

Gutz981
01-18-2006, 09:16 AM
Yeah bro its the shoulders that are lagging not the traps.

accuFLEX
01-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Weird angle to take a picture. Take some more!

galileo
01-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Traps are my strong point, so I wanted to find a way to showcase them without seeming like I'm bragging.

Yeah!

MrWebb78
01-18-2006, 10:08 AM
it looks like your flexing your traps as much as possible, which is why you cut the rest of the pic off.

post a relaxed full body shot for a better critique. big bodies are big while relaxed.

Chaos229
01-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Your traps look fine in that picture, your shoulder looks like they need some help.
Thanks for the observation yeah I never really focused on my shoulders and now that I think about it thats probably the area that I most neglect.

Beast
01-18-2006, 10:43 AM
Traps are disproportionately big from that picture.

Chaos229
01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
it looks like your flexing your traps as much as possible, which is why you cut the rest of the pic off.

post a relaxed full body shot for a better critique. big bodies are big while relaxed.
I definately wouldn't say I have a big body I'm 6 ft and use to weigh 158 and was in great shape abs, etc. Then I got a GF and not going out to the bars and clubs let me fall off(worked out a lot with my buddies to hit the clubs and score girls). I now weigh 192 thats after a year and have a less than beach worthy mid section. Worst part is that a lot of that fat gain went to my face. Here's another I have on my comp excuse the low beanie was just messing around I don't really wear it like that. Plus for a comparison here's a pic when I was about to go out I did take the hat off and put on a tie this was about a year ago but I actually had a jaw line. The post a pic of your goal physique thread really got me wanting to go work out again. Now I just have to figure out if I want to drop weight again or stay heavier.

Fenrir
01-18-2006, 11:09 AM
You're looking pretty solid in that first pic. Maybe put on a little bit more mass, like get around the 205 mark, and then cut. Or just keep going over that.

Chaos229
01-18-2006, 11:20 AM
You're looking pretty solid in that first pic. Maybe put on a little bit more mass, like get around the 205 mark, and then cut. Or just keep going over that.
Any links to a good cut? Did a search but didn't find too much.

ericg
01-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Any links to a good cut? Did a search but didn't find too much.

Eat clean, eat less than you burn, move more.

Fenrir
01-18-2006, 12:41 PM
trust me mate there is plenty of info on the site, u just need to browse through and find it...

but yeah, lower your calorie intake and even up the cardio!

russ
01-18-2006, 01:47 PM
just curious, but do you have the same facial expression for every picture?

Chaos229
01-18-2006, 01:49 PM
just curious, but do you have the same facial expression for every picture?
haha yeah I get that a lot, i don't try to do it on purpose just kind of happens.

Chaos229
01-18-2006, 01:51 PM
trust me mate there is plenty of info on the site, u just need to browse through and find it...

but yeah, lower your calorie intake and even up the cardio!
Thanks for the advice im gonna start reading through some threads and will post some progress pics in a few months

ericg
01-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the advice im gonna start reading through some threads and will post some progress pics in a few months

Sure thing. There are a ton of threads in the nutrition section about cutting. There is actually a decent conversation going on right now (read the entire thread, feel free to ask questions)...

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=73761

Also, be sure to search that forum for even more useful info.