PDA

View Full Version : Food Before A Work Out More Important than After?

Cali4niaFitness
01-18-2006, 08:28 PM
which is more important? the food u eat before a work out or the food u eat after?

im a busy student so its hard sometimes to get stuff in.

say for example i only have one piece of chicken breast and dont have the time to go get something else, should i just go to the gym on an empty stomach and eat the chicken breast afterwards? or is it better to eat the chicken breast before the owrk out and not eat antyhing after?

Unreal
01-18-2006, 08:45 PM
I seriously don't understand how some people don't have time to "eat". If you need a quick meal then just slam down a protein shake that takes no more then 30 seconds.

cphafner
01-18-2006, 09:00 PM
you better be eating some carbs with that chicken breast.

BG5150
01-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Are you cutting or bulking? (I'm guessing not bulking) I agree with the guy above about not understanding people not being able to eat. Why not take 2 chix with you and have one before and one after?

I would say carbs early for energy and protein later for muscle building with some (good) fat thrown in there for good measure.

If you don't eat before you work out, you probably not lifting to your potential. If you don't eat afterward, you are not hitting your growth potential.

getfit
01-18-2006, 11:07 PM
I seriously don't understand how some people don't have time to "eat". If you need a quick meal then just slam down a protein shake that takes no more then 30 seconds.
:withstupi i would say 10 seconds ;)

tigo
01-19-2006, 02:16 AM
pre wo is more important i think
cuz if you don't eat, you wont have energy

also youre probbaly going to be eating after you workout anyway

Unreal
01-19-2006, 06:55 AM
Both are important. There is no excuse not to be able to eat. If you don't have an extra 30 seconds for some whey/oats or something simple, then sacrafice that one last rep on one exercise to make 30 seconds.

Spartacus
01-19-2006, 11:07 PM
if i could only do one, i'd do pre. but all you need is some powder in a water bottle, and add water.

or keep a thermos of milk.