PDA

View Full Version : Eric's Log

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

bradley
02-11-2003, 10:25 AM
NHE looks good. I would imagine you will reach your goal before then if you stick with it. Nice workout as well. Just keep looking forward to the carb load:) How are you going to split up the carb load? What I mean is every 3rd and 4th day last two meals of the day?

ericg
02-11-2003, 10:30 AM
bradley - I copied a post i made last week in my journal - this should answer all of your questions, feel free to comment...

Originally posted by ericg
DIET GUIDELINES

Will be following NHE for the most part. Will be starting on 2/10/2003, or this Monday. Here are the guidelines...

Normal Days

* Protein and fat in every meal. Will be about 6 meals a day.

* Eat every 3-4 hours.

* Fiber (fibre)/green veggies every 2nd or 3rd meal. To keep things running smooth.

* Less than 20g of carbos.

Carb Loads - Carb load every 3,4, or 5 days.

* Split carbos over the LAST 1-2 meals until I feel stuffed but not sick. (other meals - see "normal day")

* Keep fat to a minimum.

* Keep protein low.

Carb Load/Drink Night - Once per week

* Moderate amount of carbos over the last 1 OR 2 meals of the day. (other meals - see "normal day")

* Keep fat to a minimum.

* Keep protein low.

* Alcohol.

General

* I will not be counting calories. I have a good idea of what I am eating as far as amounts go, so I am not going to stress over weighing foods and calculating calories.

* I am going to take a picture on Monday so I can see my progress. I have already taken about 4-5 pics since a little over a year ago. I have lost about 30-35lbs since then - mostly fat. No I cannot give you any BF%, but i can tell by the mirror and my strength levels - just trust me, it was mostly fat.

* Will weigh myself once/twice per week to track progress. Since carb loads will fuk with my weight, I am going to step on the scale the morning before my carb load day.

GOAL

My current weight is at about 180-185lbs (will step on the scale Monday morning). I would like to get my bodyfat down enough so I can see my abs easily while losing minimal LBM. Taking an educated guess I would say that I need to drop about +- 20lbs to be ripped. So for the next 4-5 months this will be my life. [/B]

bradley
02-12-2003, 03:13 AM
I think you have it planned well Eric. As for the carb loads I would stick to mostly starchy carbs and maybe a few carbs from sugar. Looks good and you could probably carb load once a week in the beginning and as your bf level decreased add in the second carb load. I believe this is what Raj is doing with some success. Either way I think you will do fine following the plan you have outlined.

Miss Rezza
02-12-2003, 06:02 AM
Less than 20g carbos!?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

*carb addict*

Oh btw- :hello:

ericg
02-12-2003, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by bradley
I think you have it planned well Eric. As for the carb loads I would stick to mostly starchy carbs and maybe a few carbs from sugar. Looks good and you could probably carb load once a week in the beginning and as your bf level decreased add in the second carb load. I believe this is what Raj is doing with some success. Either way I think you will do fine following the plan you have outlined.

Thanks Brad. I will take that into consideration.

ericg
02-12-2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Miss Rezza
Less than 20g carbos!?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

*carb addict*

Oh btw- :hello:

:hello:

Nice for you to visit! I am a carb addict for sure - why I gotta stay away from them.

Thanks for stoppin in, come again soon. ;)

ericg
02-12-2003, 07:42 AM
2/11/2003 Day 2 of cut

REST DAY

DIET NHE

m1 - 4 whole eggs
m2 - chicken breast, lil bit of italian dressing, cashews
m3 - Beef stick, cashews
m4 - 1can tuna, 1tbsp walnut oil
m5 - 4 whole eggs, 1 slice bologna
m6 - 1/2 of MetRx Pro Plus bar, broc, cashews, italian dressing (just a touch)

Not too bad at all today. Could have been a touch cleaner, but I dont think there is anything wrong with this at all. Another Dead on day in my book.

MISC

Took it easy today. Had a nap after work. Went tanning. Chiiled out.

JustinF
02-12-2003, 08:04 AM
Diet looks good bro! Keep it up!

Lizzie
02-12-2003, 09:53 AM
I think you could probably work in a couple of big macs there.:burger: Just teasing eric..told you i'd post in your journal!
You're doin great!

ericg
02-12-2003, 09:57 AM
Haha thanks Liz

Thanks to you as well justin.

PULL tonight folks wooo hoooo, followed by some bball

Isaac Wilkins
02-12-2003, 10:12 AM
Haha thanks Liz

Thanks to you as well justin.

PULL tonight folks wooo hoooo, followed by some bball

Rip some stuff up, bro! Let's see how a big back is grown! :D

MonStar
02-12-2003, 10:19 AM
Everything is looking good eric. Diet is just superb compared to mine, LOL. Good work man. Keep it up.

ericg
02-13-2003, 08:18 AM
Borris - thanks man, session wasnt so bad. lost a bit on the curls but im no towrried about that - rest times were a bit short cuz i would have been late for bball.

Monstar - ya, gotta keep my diet on track for sure. have to make it to my goal and not fuk it up. thanks for checking in man!!

2/12/2003 Day 3 of cut

PULL

Chins = BW+15lbs*6.5, 5.5, 4.5,bw* 5.5
Used the belt with a 15lb plate on it. Felt much heavier than last week. Pregression sucked, but there was a little bit there. I was so close to the 7th rep I could taste it. Ok overall

DB BO Row = 65*10, 110*10, 110*10
Form was OK. Added 5lbs to the last two sets for the same number of reps. Will keep this next week and nail the form

BO DB Rear Delt Raises = 35*12, 40*12
Added 5lbs to the last set and it felt great. Felt pretty good on these today. I will add 5lbs to the last set next week as well.

Standing EZ Bar Curls = 70*10, 90*7+2 forced, dropped to 60*10
I actually regressed a bit here. We rushed through things a bit so rest times were lower than usual. I am not thrilled about it but not worried about it either.

DIET NHE

m1 - 4 whole eggs
m2 - 1/2 MetRx Pro Plus bar
m3 - chicken breast, salad greens, italian dressing
m4 - processed turkey, salad greens, touch of italian dressing
m5 (post WO) - 1serv whey, 1tbsp olive oil
m6 (post Bball) - 1serv whey, 1tbsp olive oil
m7 - chicken tenders, ranch dressing

Diet could have been better. The fat choices were not the best but I did get some olive oil in there. m4 ran kind of late since i got caught up at work. I came dam close to the 20g of actice carbos today im sure. Not to worried about it though - i should be A OK.

MISC

Played bball after lifting again. My arms weren't as bad this time - didnt cramp up on me like last week. Dam that was crazy. I played pretty good.

Isaac Wilkins
02-13-2003, 09:05 AM
Nice strength on the one-armed rows, man! 2 sets of 10 with 110 is showing a little sumpin'-sumpin.

So you like the weighted chins? I have the distinct feeling that my fat ass is too heavy to make that worth my while. Maybe I should start lifting with change in my pocket or something. :D

Oh, and about losing on the curls: tuttut How do you expect to be a beach bunny without spending most of your time on the curl bar?

Mik
02-13-2003, 09:08 AM
Nice work Eric. Good progress on the chins man. Before ya know it you'll have a 45 strapped to ya. Better not be too soon though. I don't want you passing me.

ericg
02-13-2003, 09:13 AM
Borris - thanks bro. like i said the form on the DB rows was OK. need to keep my back from swinging - its not bad but not perfect. it does feel great pulling 110lbs though ;).

only my second time doing the weighted chins. my progression stalled with the the BW sets so a couple people here suggested i strap some weight to me - hopefully this solves the problem and my prgression shoots through the ruff.

lol at the curl jokey comment!

Mik - I cannot wait to see the day when i have a 45lb plate straped to me woooohoooo. Although I am currently cutting right now - i hope my progression continues.

Legs and abs tonight BOYZ

Isaac Wilkins
02-13-2003, 09:15 AM
Yeeaah, buddy! I have some leg work ahead of me tonight, too. SLDL time!

Oh yeah, and squats, too. :D

ericg
02-13-2003, 09:17 AM
Sweet!! Gotta Love SLDLs. I just wish i look forward to squatting as much as SLDLn

JustinF
02-13-2003, 09:53 AM
Nice session bro. Seems like even while you're cutting, the weight you're pushing keeps increasing. Nice.

ericg
02-14-2003, 07:07 AM
Justin - thanks again for the props man!! im pushing myself a lot harder now as well. i hate having these sissy lifts. although i will admit im still "scared" of the squat :(

2/13/2003 Day 4 of cut

LEGS AND ABS

BB Back Squats = 115*10, 165*5, 220*5*4sets
Added 5lbs to the work sets! Not bad today. The last rep on the last set was VERY slow. All reps are well below parallel.

DB Standing Calves - each leg = 85*15, 85*15
Added 10lbs to these. Left calf is much stronger than the right one. Reps are still high - will add 5-10lbs next week as well.

Weighted crunches - using plates = 60lbs *35, 60lbs*35
Did 60lbs for both sets this week. Will add another 5-10lbs next week.

SLDLs = 165*7, 235*5, 235*8
I forgot I wanted to try 240 till after i did both my worksets. Oh well - I got 8 reps with the 235. Not bad at all.

Decent session.

DIET NHE

m1 - 3 whole eggs, slice of ham
m2 - 1 can tuna, salad greens, touch of italian dressing, walnut oil
m3 - processed turkey *not the best choice*
m4 - ~3oz chicken breast, 2serv cashews
m5 (post WO) - 2serv whey, 2tbsp olive oil
m6 - chicken breast, salad greens, italian dressing, cheese

MISC

Had a great night last night. Was a fun time. I shaved my head after lifting and then went out to Margaritas (had at least 5 12oz glasses of water - and the ckn salad).

Not sure if I want to carb up tomorrow night or Saturday night...hmmm...

Mik
02-14-2003, 07:22 AM
Nice work on the squats Eric! Keep it up.
Diet is looking solid too.

Isaac Wilkins
02-14-2003, 08:28 AM
BB Back Squats = 115*10, 165*5, 220*5*4sets
Added 5lbs to the work sets! Not bad today. The last rep on the last set was VERY slow. All reps are well below parallel.

SLDLs = 165*7, 235*5, 235*8
I forgot I wanted to try 240 till after i did both my worksets. Oh well - I got 8 reps with the 235. Not bad at all.

Nice leg day! Squats below parallel are where it's at! I've seen the light!

Nice job on the SLDL's! Your hamstrings will be feeling that soon!

btw: Rita's = :thumbup: It's a fun little chain.

ericg
02-14-2003, 09:07 AM
Mik Thanks man, means a lot - i still dont feel comfortable squatting - a mental thing, i hope/know i will get over it soon enough. thanks again.

Borris LOL my hammys are tight already. Ya its a fun place over there. I hear the one in Orono kicks arse. I want to go to that one sometimes and check it out. That would be fun. May make it a road trip on my bike this summer. Thanks for the props on my leg day!

ericg
02-14-2003, 09:12 AM
2/13/2003 Day 4 of cut

**forgot that i weight in this morning....

WEIGHT

184.5lbs down from 188.5lbs on monday morning. Water loss more then likely.

Isaac Wilkins
02-14-2003, 09:13 AM

Borris LOL my hammys are tight already. Ya its a fun place over there. I hear the one in Orono kicks arse. I want to go to that one sometimes and check it out. That would be fun. May make it a road trip on my bike this summer. Thanks for the props on my leg day! [/B]

If you do, holla at me. I'll show you the "sights" of Orono. :rolleyes:

ericg
02-14-2003, 09:19 AM
LOL, ive been there before - dont rember much though LOL. I will look you up for sure man. That would be some cool ****.

ectx
02-14-2003, 11:36 AM
Great leg and back day. I wouldn't knock your progression on chins. Progress is progress. I hear you though on them. Arrrgh...you know how I've struggled with them.

ericg
02-18-2003, 07:03 AM
2/14-17/2003 DayS 5-8 of cut

Well I had monday off from work so I havent posted in a while. I didnt train on Monday since I went out of town and did some shopping. Diet was great. Had the whole carb up thingy Saturday night.

Weekend was great. I put 2K down on my bike. I will find out tomorrow if it will be delivered in April or not. That would be totally sweet.

I have PUSH tonight. Diet is going great.

Mik
02-18-2003, 07:13 AM
What bike are you getting Eric? (Sorry if I missed this in the journal).

Glad to hear the diet is going well man! Keep it up.

ericg
02-18-2003, 07:17 AM
Here is a pic of it. Its the same exact model and the base color is the same as well (yellow) only difference is the flames on the tank. I am getting a dark purple (candy grape) "vintage skull" flames....

Mik
02-18-2003, 07:25 AM
Sweet! Will they deliver the model before April at least? Hehehe

Workhorse
02-18-2003, 08:57 AM
Weights are gettin' up there Eric. Keep it up boy. As for the weight loss, I'm sure its just water weight. Keep poundin' the iron, you're steadily improving so keep it up! :thumbup:

ericg
02-18-2003, 09:01 AM
Thanks bro. I like the weight loss since im cutting!!!!

bradley
02-18-2003, 11:35 AM
Nice looking bike man. Purple flames will look pretty sweet:thumbup:

JustinF
02-19-2003, 05:24 AM
Sweet bike man! I'm jealous!

ericg
02-19-2003, 07:44 AM
Brad and Justin - thanks a lot. I will be posting pics of it as soon as I get it. I have a feeling that my celica wont have many miles on it this summer.

2/18/2003 Day 9 of cut

PUSH

BB Flat Bench = 135*10, 165*5, 210*5*5*5*5
Not bad here. Up 5lbs for the same amount of reps. Will add 5lbs to all work sets next week.

Seated Overhead BB press (no back support) = 85*10, 120*10 !!
"10 reps is MINE next week easily." Yeah baby I got it, pushed the last rep out! The first 7 felt like it was nothing. Very sweet. Will add 5lbs to this next week

Cubans EZ Curl Bar = 30lbs*12, 30*12
Rotator work, felt good, nice and SLOW. Felt great.

Plate Loaded Cable Pushdowns = 50*10, 100*9.5, 95*8
Nothing special here. I need to change those fuken pulleyes out. I think the weight is very suspicious since the pulley system we have is so WORN its crazy. I have new pulleyes that will be installed soon, hopefully

Lateral Raises, arms fully extended, slow reps = 20*15, 20*15, 20*15
SOme slight discomfort in my left shoulder. Nothing to stop me though. Will add 5lbs next week.

DIET NHE

m1 - 4 whole eggs
m2 - apple, 2can tuna, italian dressing
m3 - steak, green beans
m4 (post WO) - 2serv whey, 2tbsp olive oil
m5 - chicken tenders, ranch dressing - at Margaritas
m6 - cashews

Not bad. Should have had another meal inbetween 2-3 but I was fuken busy at work.

MISC

Well the bike dealer called me up and said the April bike is MINE. So the bike should be in by April. Worst case the bike will be delivered sometimes in May. Not to bad since there is still a couple of feet of snow on the ground.

WEIGHT

Did not take it.

Mik
02-19-2003, 07:53 AM
Nice workout Eric. Your strength is really going up. I think the lower reps are working for ya.

Good luck with the bike man.

Isaac Wilkins
02-19-2003, 09:17 AM
Nice benching, bro! It's coming up!

BennettBoy
02-19-2003, 09:25 AM
Well, you keep on and you will land a chick in no time. :D

Bikes are usually good for a few dates during the summer months anyway haha.

MonStar
02-19-2003, 10:32 AM
Nice bench strength eric! Keep up the hard work man.

ericg
02-19-2003, 10:40 AM
Mik Ya the lower rep thing seems to be working great. I like it to, the chage was good. Im sure everything will go smooth with the bike.

Borris Thanks man, i hope it keeps on going up - 5lbs at a time baby!!

BB Haha, I have no problems landing a chick. I am just choosey on the ones i want to "land" with. I am sure the bike will attract attention, but I am in it for other reasons (and the attention). The dating life isnt going to bad since the conversation we had on MSN.

Monstar Thanks for checking in man. Someday I will be up to your level, by then you will be BPn cars and shiat though LOL. Thanks again.

EdgarMex
02-19-2003, 10:54 AM
Bench looking pretty sweet, eric, keep up the good work, dude :thumbup:

ectx
02-19-2003, 04:49 PM

BB Flat Bench = 135*10, 165*5, 210*5*5*5*5
Not bad here. Up 5lbs for the same amount of reps. Will add 5lbs to all work sets next week.

Oh man...I bet you can taste 2 plates already. Excellent progress on bench...I miss a couple of chest workouts and boom...you go from 185 to 210...well done.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-19-2003, 05:04 PM
Here is a pic of it. Its the same exact model and the base color is the same as well (yellow) only difference is the flames on the tank. I am getting a dark purple (candy grape) "vintage skull" flames....

Hmmm...There's a photo of a bike somewhere in there? What, is it one of those magic-eye pictures or something?

How's the hunger control going?

ericg
02-20-2003, 06:27 AM
ectx - LOL thanks man!! I love this new 5 rep thing that I am doing. It seems to be working well so far. As far as two plates goes, I use a standard bar and plates - but the weight is still the same!! Thanks again man!!

Robboe - Ya it is hard to see the bike in that pic haha. I think the bike will give me less problems then the gal will though.

Hunger control is going great. No problems at all!!!

bradley
02-20-2003, 06:54 AM
Good bench strength ericg. Happy to hear NHE is treating you well. So much easier to diet when you are not hungary;)

ericg
02-20-2003, 07:07 AM
Bradley - Thanks for the props. Yeah I hope NHE helps me reach my goal of the 6PAK.

2/19/2003 Day 10 of cut

DIET NHE

m1 - 3 whole eggs
m2 - apple, 1can tuna, italian dressing
m3 - 1 can tuna, itbsp walnut oil
m4 - metRx pro plus bar

MISC

This totally SUCKS. I have really bad shin splints in my left leg. Its crazy. I went to the mall last night and had to stop a couple of times cuz of the fuken pain. This really pisses me off.

I went to sign the papers for my bike!!! So everything is set. Just have to wait for it to be built and arrive! This is why I didnt train - the dealership is 1.5 hours away.

again this shin bull**** sucks

WEIGHT

Did not take it.

BennettBoy
02-20-2003, 07:10 AM
Are you finding yourself hungry at times throughout the day...or you feel OK with your diet? At nights after working out I'm literally starving and last night I was craving some BAD food. Then my damn roommate brings frikin' Girl Scout cookies in the house....ARGH. But I was good. Went to bed to keep from cheating. But at night the urge is high for me.

JustinF
02-20-2003, 07:16 AM
Shin splits suck bro! Hope they go away for ya soon!

ericg
02-21-2003, 07:20 AM
BB - Sometimes I get a bit hungry but that is my own faul - wait to long between meals. Otherwise I am good to go.

Justin - Yeah whatever this is it blows. Make sure you read whats unde "MISC".

2/20/2003 Day 11 of cut

DIET NHE

m1 - 4 whole eggs
m2 - apple, 1can tuna, italian dressing, salad greens
m3 - metRx pro plus bar
m4 - chicken, salad greens, italian dressing, cheese
m5 - cashews

MISC

FUK ME. Its been 8 days since I first had the pain in my shins. I went to the Dr yesterday and they said that its not exactly shinsplints. He says more then likely its a ligament the has been strained near the front of the ankle and the blood vessels may have caught up on a nerve that is what is causing the sharp shooting pain. He said to take 1000mg of tyelenol, and 600mg of advil every 6 hours and place some moist heat on the area. He also said I should be back to 100% in two weeks max, but if nothing is better within a week I need to go back. It hurt like a biatch yesterday. The pain is sharp as hell - i can kinda feel something pulling when i point my toes, weird. So it kept me from training.

again this shin bull**** sucks

WEIGHT

Did not take it.

Coke
02-21-2003, 07:35 AM
Good thing you had that checked out. Its a Very Good thing that you will be back 100% soon enough. Nobody wants a setback:(

kimpy225
02-21-2003, 08:39 AM
:strong:

Isaac Wilkins
02-21-2003, 08:46 AM
That sucks, man! Take some time and heal up, you'll be good as new!

:cool:

Isaac Wilkins
02-21-2003, 08:46 AM
Besides, with you resting up for a week or so it'll give me some time to put some distance between our lifts. :eek:

;)

Workhorse
02-21-2003, 09:02 AM
Eric, that sucks man. Keep your head up, 2 weeks ain't that bad... you could have torn something and be out for a few months!! Don't worry, you'll be fine... keep up the great work!

ericg
02-21-2003, 09:04 AM
Thanks everyone.

The Doc didnt do any xrays or anything so I have its just the strain like he said. Otherwise I will have to go back next Wed or Thurs if it isnt better.

rookiebldr
02-21-2003, 07:58 PM
That really sucks Eric, hopefully it really will be gone next week.

p.s. :drooling: @ pic

Lizzie
02-21-2003, 08:29 PM
Feel better soon eric!:nod:

bradley
02-22-2003, 07:45 AM
Got to get better...wouldn't want to interfere with riding that new bike;) Best of luck and keep us updated.

ericg
02-24-2003, 10:32 AM
rookie - Thanks man. It is feeling a lot better now. Should be 100% by next week for sure. I will post pics of the bike once I get it. It will be a head turner for sure.

Liz - Thanks ;)

Brad - Thanks man. It shouldnt interfere with the bike. I hope. The bike wont be here till april/may so i should be cool by then. No toe raises for a lil while though, at least with the left leg. Thanks again.

2/21/2003 through 2/23/2003 Days 12-14 of cut

DIET NHE & MISC

Was dead on on Friday. Saturday was the carb/alcohol - which turned BAD. WAY to much beer. I got sick. It totally sucked. I mean I had a great time but I hate getting sick. Although I must say its the 2nd time I have ever been sick from drinking. Usually I stop before I get to that point. Dam shiat sucked. So i wasnt feeling good Sunday morning either, so I did have some cars almost all day long. Sundays diet sucked.

I am back on track today though.

A really good friend of mine, Matt had a friend that he works with (craig). Well Matt, some friends, and I (no craig) hung out with craigs ex gf on Friday (Jen). We saw Jen and some of her friends out last weekend as well. I guess she is really interested in me. She programmed her # in my cell phone and told me to call her. She is a good/cool girl. So I called her Sunday night and we talked for 2 hours. Was good conversation. Shall see what happens with this. Only concern is Craig. I know craig from Matt, but thats about it. I know if Craig finds out he wont be to happy though. hmmm

Celestial
02-24-2003, 08:52 PM
:hide: :hello:

JustinF
02-25-2003, 03:30 AM
Hope that gets better soon bro. Sorry to hear that!

About the chica, I say if it's not really a friends girl, go for it. It kinda sound like the guy is only a friend of your friends through work, I may have interpreted that wrong. But I say go for it, if he has a problem just kick his a$$. <----- Just kidding, I don't condone violence. :angel:

ericg
02-25-2003, 06:38 AM
Celestial - nice for you to stop by!!! ;)

Justin - yeah you understood it correctly. I am going to see what happens with her. Prob wont talk to her to much in the next couple of days cuz she is a nurse and works nights. this week she is on mon - wed, 12 hour shifts. thanks for the advice man!

2/24/2003 Day 15 of Cut

The shin is much better than last week. I didnt lift on Monday, my friend (lifting partner) was/is sick - something going around. So I am going to workout with my brother tonight.

DIET

m1 - 3 ex lg eggs
m2 - apple, ~6oz steak
m3 - ~4oz steak
m4 - prok chops, carrots
m5 - beef jerkey, cashews

wasnt that great today. i was beat and after i got home i didnt feel like doing a fuken thing.

Isaac Wilkins
02-25-2003, 07:56 AM
I condone violence. :evillaugh

Seriously, it shouldn't be too much of a beef with you. The ex might get pissed off and not want to hang out with you any more, but how much do you hang out now? Better yet, do you enjoy hanging out with him? I get the sense that it's not real high on both counts.

Good job sticking with the diet, bro!

Workhorse
02-25-2003, 08:12 AM
God luck with the girl eric, I agree, if its just an ex of a friend of a friend, pffft, you have no worries about him. Just see how things with you and her progress...that's all you can do, right?

Don't worry about the workout, sometimes you have those days that you just don't feel like going. BUT GET BACK IN THERE TONIGHT!! lol j/k ;)

ericg
02-25-2003, 08:17 AM
Borris - the only time i hung around him when i was with my friend (matt). since then, carig (the gals ex) has found some gal and doesnt even come out anymore. i am not to worried about it. he is a cool guy, but he has to lose the attitude.

yeah the diet has been ok, sunday was kinda fuked up cuz i wasnt feeling good - dam beer. LOL

WH - thanks man, thats what i plan on doing, just taking things as they come. i am not really going out and looking for a relationship. i figure the right person everything will fall into place.

yeah i feel like **** when i dont lift, but i will be back at it today. thanks for the kick in da rear.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-25-2003, 09:54 AM
eric, are you starting to see any visible changes yet?

Oh, and drink your beer slower! I know it's allowed once a week, but seriously man, this is still a cut afterall.

ericg
02-25-2003, 09:59 AM
Yeah. I am seeing some difference. Not much - hard to tell when i see myself every day.

The beer thing isnt a habit of mine, just a fluke. So dont expect this to be an every week thing. Hell its only the 2nd time I have ever been sick from drinking. Last time is when i was 19.

Isaac Wilkins
02-25-2003, 12:14 PM
Hell its only the 2nd time I have ever been sick from drinking. Last time is when i was 19.

Amateur. ;)

MonStar
02-25-2003, 05:45 PM
Good luck with those pains in your shins eric, I cant even imagine what a b*tch they are.

JustinF
02-26-2003, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by Borris

Amateur. ;)

:D LOL

BennettBoy
02-26-2003, 05:02 AM
A really good friend of mine, Matt had a friend that he works with (craig). Well Matt, some friends, and I (no craig) hung out with craigs ex gf on Friday (Jen). We saw Jen and some of her friends out last weekend as well. I guess she is really interested in me. She programmed her # in my cell phone and told me to call her. She is a good/cool girl. So I called her Sunday night and we talked for 2 hours. Was good conversation. Shall see what happens with this. Only concern is Craig. I know craig from Matt, but thats about it. I know if Craig finds out he wont be to happy though. hmmm [/B][/QUOTE]

Nice. Women are da devil. Be careful. :D

And for the record, I got caught up in something much worse as you know....so it's all good. ;)

ericg
02-27-2003, 10:25 AM
Thanks for all the advice guys. Both on lifting and the women!!

2/25/2002 Day 16 of cut

Didnt do anyting at all today. I got home, ate, and slept. Was very relaxing. I think I needed it.

Diet was dead on.

2/26/2002 Day 17 of cut

PUSH & PULL

Well since I missed mondays push session and got lazy tuesday I figured I would squeeze the main exercises into Wednesdays pull session. Although I cut it short cuz I played bball at 7:45pm. THis is what i did:

BB Flat Bench Press = 135*10, 165*5, 215*4 +1, *3 +1, *3+1
Most weight I have benched so far. Was tiring though alternated these with chins. Think I can do much better next week.

alternated sets with...

Chins = BW*10, 9.5, 7.5, 6.5
Not bad, didnt add weight this time. Next week i will use the belt again. The first 10 were easy though. Still sucked alternated between this and bench.

BB Overhead Press (no back support) = 85*10, 120*8
Not impressive at all, but im ok with it due to the nature of the workout this week.

alternated sets with...

BO DB Rows = 65*10, 110*10
Felt good, not to bad, concentrating on form so i will prob stay at the for a lil while.

So that was it.

Followed by about 2 hours of bball in which i JAMMED my left pinky. Fuken thing is all purple today. Feels great to. My shin is ok, was a little better yesterday, understandable since i played ball on it afterwards. I prob shouldnt have played but oh well.

DIET

m1 = 3extra lg eggs
m2 = apple, 1can tuna, 1tbsp walnut oil, 1serv cashews
m3 = 1can tuna, 1tbsp walnut oil, 1serv cashews
m4 (post wo) = 1serv whey, 1tbsp olive oil
m5 = 6 chicken tenders from margaritas, ranch dressing.

Not to bad

ectx
02-27-2003, 10:31 AM
Congrats on the bench. Awesome progress on it. How do you like alternating bodyparts/sets? I did that a while back during the summer. I didn't mind it, but shuffling from one side of the gym to another was a pain.

hmmmm....chicken tenders. Dang I'm hungry:p

ericg
02-27-2003, 10:42 AM
It sucked. I only did it so i wont feel as guilty neglecting a body part this week. HTis way I got some back/chest work and some indirect bi/tris/rear delts.

I would rather have them seperate for sure.

Thanks man!!!!

Workhorse
02-27-2003, 10:52 AM
It sucked
Simple. To the point. No BS... just what I like.

Good strength though man, looks good. Keep it up!!

bradley
02-27-2003, 11:29 AM
Diet and training looking good. Bench strength is progressing nicely:thumbup:

Celestial
02-27-2003, 12:53 PM
Looking good eric;)

About women----They are all psycho...so run and hide:bash:

ericg
03-03-2003, 07:17 AM
2/27/2003 Day 18 of cut

Didnt do legs today. I knew I would pay for it today playing basketball yesterday. My shin is killing me. I need to keep myself from doing this! Stupid arse i am.

Anyways, diet was great. Dead on.

2/28/2003 through 3/2/2003 Days 19, 20, 21 of cut

Weekend went pretty well. Carb/alcohol was doen on saturday evening/night. Had a good time and I only drank like 3-4 coronas. Diet was decent on Sunday.

WEIGHT - friday morning

181.5lbs down 3lbs from last week. Last week there was no change. So far this is a total weight loss of 7lbs.

Mik
03-03-2003, 07:21 AM
Grats on the weight loss Eric! How much further do you figure you have to go?

ericg
03-03-2003, 07:26 AM
I think I will have to get down to about 165-170. Hopefully by then i will be ripped. Although I have lost 7lbs, the first week i lost 4 lbs (water). So i will see what the mirror tells me and take it from there. Thanks for checking up on me.

Workhorse
03-03-2003, 04:13 PM
Sounds like your cutting cycle is going well eric... although I know how hard it is to see the scale show you've lost weight when you've tried so hard to gain it!! Keep up the good work and it sounds like you'll get down to your "ripped" goal by the summer!!

JustinF
03-04-2003, 05:23 AM
Looks like ya got some nice progress there bro! :thumbup: Keep it up!

ericg
03-04-2003, 06:31 AM
Thanks WH and Justin!! I hope to hit my goal by summer. That way I can eat normal by that time!!

BennettBoy
03-04-2003, 06:31 AM

181.5lbs down 3lbs from last week. Last week there was no change. So far this is a total weight loss of 7lbs.

Nice job Eric. Hope your shin is doing better....and your jammed finger. :cool:

ericg
03-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by BennettBoy

Nice job Eric. Hope your shin is doing better....and your jammed finger. :cool:

Thanks man!

The finger is almost back to its normal size. The shin seems like it is getting better as well. I know I just need to take it easy with it and stretch it out. Still have that "grinding" feeling when I move my foot up and down. Very weird. Anyways, it is getting better slowly but surely.

Isaac Wilkins
03-04-2003, 06:38 AM
165! :eek:

How are you going to become a 300 pound-plus lineman by cutting down to 165!? tuttut

Nice job on the diet so far, man. You're going to be shredded by the summer!

Beer and barbeque, baby. And looking good at it, too. ;) That's your vision for the next few weeks.

ericg
03-04-2003, 07:00 AM
165! :eek:

How are you going to become a 300 pound-plus lineman by cutting down to 165!? tuttut

Nice job on the diet so far, man. You're going to be shredded by the summer!

Beer and barbeque, baby. And looking good at it, too. ;) That's your vision for the next few weeks.

I have thsi HUGE FEAR of going down to 165lbs. I wil be a skinny biatch :( . At least i will be ripped and have a good start to getting HUGE. Long term goal it to be aroung the 200 mark.

mmmmm beeeer and BBQ sound awesome right now.

Workhorse
03-04-2003, 07:51 AM
Damn... beer and bbq... mmmmm... you guys have got me drooling here!! It's -25 this morning and there's no way I'm going to bbq anytime soon, but now I REALLY want it!! Maybe I'll have to make some beef jerky in a week or two!!

Looks like you're slowly hittin' your goals eric... keep up the fantastic work!!

Isaac Wilkins
03-04-2003, 09:41 AM

I have thsi HUGE FEAR of going down to 165lbs. I wil be a skinny biatch :( . At least i will be ripped and have a good start to getting HUGE. Long term goal it to be aroung the 200 mark.

mmmmm beeeer and BBQ sound awesome right now.

Yeah, we certainly have different goals. I'm thinking 255-265. ;)

I think you'll find it easier to stay ripped once you get there, even while bulking.

ericg
03-04-2003, 09:47 AM
well ****, at 5'10" 255-265, i would be one huge mofo. lol, you are 6'3 or someting right??

cant wait to be ripped man, im getting there - i hope i will be closer to 170 though.

Isaac Wilkins
03-04-2003, 09:58 AM
well ****, at 5'10" 255-265, i would be one huge mofo. lol, you are 6'3 or someting right??

cant wait to be ripped man, im getting there - i hope i will be closer to 170 though.

6'1". I'll probably be pretty thick. ;) I'm looking for 12% bf at that weight.

You're going to look mad impressive cut-up.

ericg
03-04-2003, 09:59 AM
hope so man, otherwise it will be all for not LOL

Mik
03-04-2003, 08:07 PM
Don't worry about it Eric. You'll look great cut-up. You're doing all the right things, it'll happen man.

bradley
03-05-2003, 03:07 AM
hope so man, otherwise it will be all for not LOL

I wouldn't worry about that. I am sure you will look good at 170 lbs. Plus the knowledge that you gain from properly performing a cut is worth a lot. Keep up the hard work.:thumbup:

ericg
03-05-2003, 06:54 AM
Mik - Thanks man, means a lot. I have never been at the point where I can see a 6pak and I am sooooo looking forward to it. I will have b4, during, and after pics once I hit my goal - hopefully by summer. Thanks again man

Brad - You are dead on. When I went on a cut a year ago I learned sooo much. Thanks to WBB, Robboe, and Fran (FAngel) for helping me out. It was a great learning experience for sure, and I lost about 30lbs too. Thanks for checking in man.

3/3/2003 Day 22 of cut

PUSH

BB Flat Bench = 135*10, 165*5, 215*5*5*4*4
Not bad here. The reps went up in all sets!! Stick with this next week, hopefully I can get 5 on all sets.

Seated Overhead BB press (no back support) = 85*10, 120*8+1
Went a bit backwards this week. I have hit 10 reps with this before. Oh well, next week. blah

Cubans EZ Curl Bar = 30lbs*15, 30*15
Rotator work, felt good, nice and SLOW. Felt great.

Plate Loaded Cable Pushdowns = 50*10, 100*9.5, 95*9
Nothing special

Lateral Raises, arms fully extended, slow reps = 20*15, 25*10, 25*10
Not to bad, I added 5lbs to the last two sets and cut the reps a bit. I cant get over how sissy these make me feel.

DIET NHE

m1 - 3extra lg eggs
m2 - apple, 1can tuna, 2tsp walnut oil, cashews
m3 - ground beef, peas, salsa
m4 (post WO) - 1serv whey, 8oz 1.5% milk

Not bad. Has some milk with the post wo whey.

MISC

bla bla

WEIGHT

Did not take it.

Isaac Wilkins
03-05-2003, 08:19 AM
Nice progression on the bench, bro!

EdgarMex
03-05-2003, 11:24 AM
Nice workout, eric, good work on the bench

MonStar
03-05-2003, 12:04 PM
Nice bench strength eric! Hopefully youll hit 215 or more for 5 sets of 5 soon. Good work.

bradley
03-05-2003, 04:28 PM
Nice bench strength Eric. I wouldn't worry to much about the overhead presses going down because the flat bench could have gotten your muscles fatigued. Could switch it up each workout if you wanted. Diet looks spot on:thumbup:

ericg
03-06-2003, 06:41 AM
Bradley - Thanks man. I am not to worried about it right now. I think I may take a longer break or just keep things the way they are for a couple more weeks and see what happens. Thanks for the idea - if things continue I will try it out.

Mon - Thanks for checking in man. Im sure 5 reps on each set is in my very near future.

EdgarMex - Thanks. I am liking this new 4sets 5reps thing. Much better than what I was doing for. Progression is coming back so thats all that matters. Thanks for checking in.

Borris - Yeah it wasnt to shabby. I am still a sissy gal though :).

ericg
03-06-2003, 06:57 AM
3/4/2003 Day 23 of cut

REST

yeah, read above ;)

DIET NHE

m1 - 3 extra larg eggs
m2 - 1apple, 1can tuna, 2tsp walnut oil, cashews
m3 - .5can tuna, cashews, walnut oil
m4 - chicken breast, peas, touch of italian dressing
m5 - chicken tenders, ranch dressing from margaritas

Diet was good.

MISC

Blah bla

3/5/2003 Day 24 of cut

PULL

Chins = BW+15lbs*8,*7,*6.5, bw*8.5
Nice jog here. Moved up in all my weighted reps. Yeah baby.

Form is getting better. Trying to hold my back still as much as possible. Id say the first 8 reps are very clean.

BO DB Rear Delt Raises = 35*12, 40*12
Not bad here. My left shoulder was feelign a bit weird so i didnt add weight like i planned on - next week though.

Standing EZ Bar Curls = 70*10, 90*7+2 forced, dropped to 60*9.5
Bla.

DIET NHE

m1 - 3 estra lg eggs
m2 - apple, chicken breast, cashews
m3 - cashews
m4 - chicken breast, peas, italian dressing
m6 - turkey, 2 ex lg eggs, salsa

Good.

MISC

Was supposed to play bball after lifting but the place was closed due to the slippery roads - or so they thought. THe fuken roads were just fine - pansies. So yeah, its prob a good thing - will let my shin heal up more.

JustinF
03-06-2003, 07:21 AM
Nice session bro. Good job on those weighted chins.

Mik
03-06-2003, 07:31 AM
Nice work man! Those weighted chins are really going great fo ya. Keep it up foo!

Isaac Wilkins
03-06-2003, 07:38 AM
Good. BBall is bad for you. tuttut

I know what you mean about the roads, though. I went out to see a movie last night, and it was all good. Everyone was acting like it was nasty, though. :rolleyes:

Workhorse
03-06-2003, 07:52 AM
Great workout eric.... the chins are lookin' great... so are the rows... you're showing some great strength man... keep it up!!

bradley
03-06-2003, 11:30 AM
Nice workout eric. Dumb. rows are getting on up there. Keep up the hard work:thumbup:

Cashews=ace

ericg
03-06-2003, 11:58 AM
Justin - Thanks man, I like the weighted chins a lot. Chins are my favoritist ;) movement.

Mik - Yeah they are working well. Doing them without weight is so much easier now!! I love it.

Borris - You would think these people were born and raised in FLA or something. We live in Maine. It snows in maine - get used to driving in it - its not hard. Daym shiat. BBall is cool - keeps me active for football!!!

WH - Thanks, I am finally getting strong in some movements. Although my form isnt the cleanest with the DB rows. Id say the first 8 are nice. Thanks man!!!

Bradley - Thanks man! Yeah the cashews are awesome. I swear I could love of cashews and tuna. Yum.

EdgarMex
03-06-2003, 11:59 AM
Good workout, dude. How's that NHE diet working for you?

ericg
03-06-2003, 12:01 PM
Its working good so far. I have lost 7 lbs. I weigh in again tomorrow morn so I shall see.

The diet isnt strict NHE. I dont follow the carb ups like the book.

Thanks for checkin in man!!!

ericg
03-10-2003, 10:37 AM
3/6/2003 Day 25 of cut

LEGS AND ABS

BB Back Squats = 115*10, 165*5, 220*5*3sets
Same weight as last session. The heavy sets bothered my shin a bit. So i nixed the last set. Felt good to squat again though.

DB Standing Calves - each leg =
Didnt do because of the shin.

Weighted crunches - using plates = 60lbs *35, 60lbs*35
Not bad, will add more weight next session.

SLDLs = 165*7, 235*5, 235*5
Not bad, kept the weight the same as last session since its been a couple of weeks (shin).

Decent session.

WEIGHT

I weighed in at 181.5lbs, no change from last week. Down from 188.5lbs - 7lb loss so far.

I seem to be looking a lot better in the mirror which is cool.

DIET NHE

Diet was dead on, like usual ;)

3/7/2003 through 3/9/2003 Days 26-28 of Cut

Diet was dead on Friday.

Saturday was the carb/alcohol day. It went very well :)

Sunday I took it easy. Food was clean and dead on.

Mik
03-10-2003, 10:42 AM
Sounds like your cut is still going well man. Good work. Hope the shin gets better. That sucks.

P.S. Love "Saturday was the carb/alcohol day. It went very well." LOL

Workhorse
03-10-2003, 10:55 AM
Sounds like you had a good weekend man. Good to hear that your shin is starting to feel a little better... just remember to let it heal and not push it fast. Keep it up bro!! :thumbup:

ericg
03-10-2003, 10:57 AM
Thanks guys!!

I think the cut is going well. BF seems to be dropping. I cant wait to get the ballz to post some pics so you all can tell me how skinny or fat i still look. Na, i wont look bad i dont think. Thanks again guys.

EdgarMex
03-10-2003, 11:15 AM
Looks like you had a pretty good leg workout, eric :thumbup:

bradley
03-10-2003, 04:30 PM
Nice squattin' eric:thumbup: Any news on the bike?

ericg
03-11-2003, 11:58 AM
EdgarMex - Thanks man. Its too bad my shin hurt a bit. Could have pushed it more. Overall it felt good though.

Brad - Thanks man. The dealer called me up last week and said that the order has been processed. I will be getting it sometime in May. It should be good timing since we still have a shiat load of snow on the ground over here. I am sooo pumped!!

3/10/2003 Day 29 of cut

PUSH

BB Flat Bench = 135*10, 165*5, 215*5*5*5*5
"next week, hopefully I can get 5 on all sets." YEAH BAYBEE. haha. got 5 on all 4 sets - add 5lbs next week!!

Seated Overhead BB press (no back support) = 85*10, 120*8
No change. Not to worried about it.

Cubans EZ Curl Bar = 30lbs*15, 30*15
Rotator work, felt good, nice and SLOW. Felt great. Gonna add some weight next week.

Plate Loaded Cable Pushdowns = 50*10, 100*10.5, 100*6.5
Better than last week. 10 full reps with the 100 and then another 6.5 for the last set and i kept the weight at 95. This is a true weight as well. It may be even heavier with the resistance from the cable and the shiaty pulleyes. bla bla

Lateral Raises, arms fully extended, slow reps = 20*15, 25*10, 25*10
ok. sissy

DIET NHE

m1 - 4 lg eggs
m2 - apple, 1can tuna, 2tsp walnut oil, cashews
m3 - MetRc Pro Plus bar
m4 - meatloaf, green beans
m5 (post train) - 1serv whey, 1tbsp olice oil
m6 - small serving of meat loaf, cashews

Not bad.

MISC

My shoulder was killing me this morning. I think I slept on it wrong. It bothered me a little bit when I lifted but I went through it and hit some PRs so its all good.

WEIGHT

Did not take it.

Isaac Wilkins
03-11-2003, 12:06 PM
Nice benching! I need to keep up to stay ahead! ;)

Of course, I weigh 50 pounds more than you do... :(

Mik
Nice benching Eric. Man, you've really gone up in this lately. What's your secret? Is it the meatloaf? Mmmmmm meatloaf. :drooling:

Workhorse
Great job eric... you're throwing up some good weights!! Great job man!! Sorry to hear your shin hasn't gotten better yet though.

ericg
03-11-2003, 12:16 PM
Borris - Thanks man. You are killing me with everything else - but you are 50lbs heavier than me!! Thanks man, means a lot.

Mik - No secret really. I just started benching in the lower rep range after Borris suggested it. So im prob just finding my groove. Meatloaf is yummy. may have hit the carbs a lil high though. Not to bad, nothin that will hurt the diet.

WH - Thanks man!! The shin is getting better slowly, just cant wait for it to be 100% again. My pinky is still fuked up as well. Think I may have done something more to it then just stubbing it. Dam thing bothers me on PULL day and with SLDLs.

EdgarMex
03-11-2003, 12:40 PM
Bench is looking sweet, dude, congrats. :thumbup:

I've been meaning to ask you about the Cubans with the EZ curl bar. How do you do them and what are they for?

Diet is looking good too. How long is your cut going to be?

ericg
03-11-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by EdgarMex
Bench is looking sweet, dude, congrats. :thumbup:

I've been meaning to ask you about the Cubans with the EZ curl bar. How do you do them and what are they for?

Diet is looking good too. How long is your cut going to be?

Thanks man!!

Here is a good link describing the exercise. The article is good as well.

http://www.testosterone.net/html/body_145shldr.html

Diet is going good. I am basically cutting until i get a 6 pak that is fairly well defined. I think I am shooting for about 165-170 (hoe its closer to 170lbs)

Thanks for checking in man!

bradley
03-11-2003, 04:36 PM
Nice workout eric. Will be pushing two plates in no time on the bench.;)

JustinF
03-12-2003, 03:40 AM
Your strength is looking good eric, nice job. Diet is also looking ace. Keep up the good work.

BennettBoy
03-12-2003, 07:38 AM

Diet is going good. I am basically cutting until i get a 6 pak that is fairly well defined. I think I am shooting for about 165-170 (hoe its closer to 170lbs)

hehe....I was hoping to be done with my dieting and end up at 170ish too. Looks like I may be closer to 165.

Good strategy. Hope for the best, but allow the mindset to know it will probably be lower :(

ericg
03-13-2003, 06:48 AM
Brad - thanks man. unfortunately I dont know what it feels like to push plates since my basement gym i use the standars plates!! I do vision "plates" when i bench though. It looks soo much better.

Justin - Thanks man. means a lot coming from you. Some dya i will be throwing up lbs like you. Diet is going well so far. the fat seems to be coming off so thats cool. thanks again.

BB - Ya, I would be really pissed if i need to get into the 150s. Course im not looking to be in contest shape. So I am hoping 165-170 will be schweeet. Thanks fo rchecking in man.

3/11/2003 Day 30 of cut

REST

3/12/2003 Day 31 of cut

PULL

Chins = BW+15lbs*9,*7,*7, bw*7.5
Happy with this. Almost 10 reps with the 15lbs. think im gonna add some more next week or the week after. yessah.

Form is better yet again. I want to get 10 clean reps b4 i move up.

BO DB Rear Delt Raises = 40*12, 40*12
Good work here. did the 40s on both sets and it felt good! up 5lbs from last week. more next week.

Standing EZ Bar Curls = 70*10, 90*8+1 forced, dropped to 60*9+1
Bla.

DIET NHE

m1 - 4 lg eggs
m2 - apple, turkey,
m3 - cashews
m4 - meatloaf, cashews
m6 - chicken tenders from margaritas

Good.

MISC

Played some bball after lifting. I had an awesome time. The shin felt good. (and is still feeling good this morning) I played dma good to. It sucks taking a shower after. my biceps cramp up sometimes. Makes it hard to wash all this hair ontop of my head ;)

Mik
03-13-2003, 07:19 AM
Nice back day Eric. Your strength has really improved here. Gotta love those weighted chins. What kind of grip do you use here?
Diet's lookin' ace. You'll have that 6er in no time.

ericg
03-13-2003, 07:34 AM
Mik - I use a curl grip with hands about shoulder width apart. I love doing chins, one of my favorite exercises. Thanks for the props man!! Hope the 6er is on its way.

Isaac Wilkins
03-13-2003, 07:39 AM
I know that everyone (and some studies I've read) dictate that more lat is recruited with the wide pronated grip to the front rather than chins or V-Bar chins (close, parallel grip). However, my back has really exploded in the past 4-5 months or so since I've been doing more chins and V-Bar chins. I think it's a weight thing. I'm much stronger in the movement, which is allowing me to gain weight faster, which is speeding overload, etc.

Either way, chins = Ace :thumbup:

Workhorse
03-13-2003, 07:51 AM
Great back day eric... you're using insane weight on those rear delt raises!! Keep it up!

Oh, and glad to hear the shin is feeling better!

ericg
03-13-2003, 10:30 AM
Borris - Thanks for the info man!! I feel more comfortable doing them with the grip im using now. Doesnt feel good on my sensitive shoulders the other way - weird i know.

WH - Thanks man. Shin is a lil sore but not anywhere near as bad as it was. The soreness is expected after 2hrs of bball.

WillKuenzel
03-13-2003, 10:42 AM
It sucks taking a shower after. my biceps cramp up sometimes. Makes it hard to wash all this hair ontop of my head I have that same problem. :D Back day looked real good. Weighted chins are awesome.

EdgarMex
03-13-2003, 11:24 AM
Great work on the weighted chins, eric, and the back work out looks pretty good too. :thumbup:

bradley
03-13-2003, 02:14 PM
Keep it up man. Workout looked good and gld to hear the shin is getting better. How's the finger?

ericg
03-14-2003, 10:08 AM
3/13/2003 Day 32 of cut

LEGS AND ABS

BB Back Squats = 115*10, 165*5, 225*5*4sets
Not bad here. ATF or fuken close to it. It is getting heavy now - oh do i dread squatting. It sucks. I have this fear that I need to get over. dam shiat.

DB Standing Calves - each leg =
Didnt do because of the shin. Didnt want to chance it.

Weighted crunches - using plates = 75lbs *35, 75lbs*35
Up 15lbs for the same amount of reps. Placing and holding 2 25lb plates on my chest sucks - that is all.

SLDLs = 165*7, 245*5, 245*10 !!!
Nice work here. I was talking to my buddy that i lift with b4 my last set and told him that these were getting to be heavy. He told me i should lower the weight and shoot for higher reps. Told him he is silly for thinking that - then i busted out 10 reps with the 245 - i usually shoot for 5 reps. YEAH BAYBEE. i showed him hahaha. FYI, I bring the bar to mid shin.

Decent session.

WEIGHT

I weighed in (this morning 3/14/03) at 181.0lbs, .05lb loss from last week. Down from 188.5lbs - 7.5lb loss so far.

Again, I seem to be looking a lot better in the mirror which is cool. I also took pics this morning to see my progress since its been 32 days. Havent checked them out yet though. PM me if you want to see pics...

DIET NHE

m1 - 4lg eggs
m2 - 1can tuna, 2tsp walnut oil, cashews, apple
m3 - same as m2 except for the apple
m4 - meatloaf once again
m5 (post train) - 1serv whey - then another with olive oil after my shower.
m6 - cashews b4 sleepy time

Coke
03-14-2003, 10:18 AM
Good Leg work man :) I think squats 4x5 @225lbs is very good!

ericg
03-14-2003, 11:51 AM
Thanks!! Yeah its ok, but for my size and looking at everyones squat here on wbb it makes me sad. Thanks for stopping in!

EdgarMex
03-14-2003, 12:09 PM
Great leg workout, eric. You wil own those squats, just give it some time. SLDLs look damn good :thumbup:

Last night after I finish squatting I started thinking about using that 4-sets-of-5 idea for squats too.

Mik
03-14-2003, 12:11 PM
Nice leg day Eric. You'll be pushing 3 plates in no time. SLDL strength is looking ace.

Alke
03-15-2003, 09:59 AM
Hey man, diet and workouts look awesome! great job on benchin' 225 for 5/5/5/5 that kicks ass!

I was wondering what the Cuban exercise your doing was as well?

ericg
03-17-2003, 10:29 AM
Edgar - You like the 4*5 huh! I love ot so far, was time for a change with my workouts anyways. Thanks for the props!

Mik - Thanks man. I cannot wait till i get 4*5 with something close to 300lbs then I would be happier.

Kenn - It is 215x4 sets of 5, but 225 will be mine soon. Tonight is 220, so just a matter of time. I sent you a PM with the link to the cubans - you can also find it a couple posts back in reply to Edgars post. thanks for checking in man.

3/14/2003 through 3/16/2002 Days 33-35 of cut

Weekend went good. I ATE LIKE A FUKEN HORSE ON SATURDAY. I wouldnt be suprised if I am over 190 lol. Dam that would suck. Oh well.

Not much to report - drank a bit saturday night. Danced and had a jolly good time the entire weekend.

WillKuenzel
03-17-2003, 10:40 AM
How's the shin doing after a resting weekend? Hope its getting better.

Isaac Wilkins
03-17-2003, 10:41 AM
:burger: :burger: :burger:

:thumbup:

Good luck pushing today!

ericg
03-17-2003, 10:55 AM
HY - the shin is great. i would say its at 100% now *knocks on wood*

Borris - Thanks man. I hope it goes well!!

ectx
03-17-2003, 11:26 AM
Most excellent leg day, compadre. Strength is going up, weight is going down...pretty impressive.

Dude...they dyed the river green for St. Paddies.

ericg
03-17-2003, 11:31 AM
Thats awesome. I wish I were there. Man what a place. I need to go back and live it up some more!!

Thanks man!

Celestial
03-17-2003, 11:50 AM
:angel:

ericg
03-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Celestial
:angel:

...with horns!! thats me

MonStar
03-17-2003, 05:35 PM
SLDL strength is friggin' awesome eric, nice job man.

ericg
03-18-2003, 07:43 AM
MonStar - Thanks man. I am pretty happy about it. Think its one of my favorite movements.

3/17/2003 Day 36 of cut

PUSH

MY SHOULDER IS KILLING ME :(. The left rotator was all aggravated this morning when I woke up. I am not sure what I am doing in my sleep but it kills me. It hurt during the workout as well. Espicially during the cuban rotations. The OVHD press didnt bohter me at all though. The bench was ok - i felt slight discomfort. Man I really hate to take time off from parts of the PUSH movements - my progression has been awesome. Its weird cuz I have some rotator work in each push session so im suprised that something is going wrong with it - I wonder if I need to add some external rotator work? Dam I hate this. It still hurts as i type - I mean I have full movement and in some parts of the motion I can feel the sharp pain. Any suggestions would be awesome

BB Flat Bench = 135*10, 165*5, 220*5*5*5*4.5
DAM - I almost got all sets with 5 reps. soooo close I could taste it. the bar went towards my head on rep 5 of the last set and fuked me all up. i should have got it. damn.

Seated Overhead BB press (no back support) = 85*10, 120*8
No change. Not to worried about it.

Cubans EZ Curl Bar = 35lbs*10, 25*15
WOW The first set killed my left shoulder. It really aggravated the rotators. :( The second set wasnt bad.

Plate Loaded Cable Pushdowns = 50*10, 100*10.5, 100*8.5
Not bad. Made some progression with the last set (+2 reps).

Lateral Raises, arms fully extended, slow reps = 20*15, 30*8, 30*6
These hurt a bit in the left shoulder as well. I am just soooo weak with this movement it is ver dissapointing.

DIET NHE

Not bad. Well within my guidelines.

MISC

Not much to report here. Went out a bit for St Pattys day. Had some coffee, water and chicken tenders from Margaritas.

WEIGHT

Did not take it.

Workhorse
03-18-2003, 07:47 AM
Another great puch day erig... keep up the great work. How's the cutting coming along? Still happy with your results thus far?

Mik
03-18-2003, 09:02 AM
Nice session Eric. Man, your bench is improving like crazy! Keep up the great work. Hope the shoulder feels better.

bradley
03-18-2003, 11:34 AM
Bench strength looking good Eric. Sometimes flat BB bench will aggravate my shoulder so I just switch over to dumb. and that usually takes care of it. Sorry to hear about the shoulder. What about doing the rotator cuff work at the beginning of the workout?

Isaac Wilkins
03-18-2003, 12:26 PM
Nice pressing, bro!

I do some light (read: Very light (12 pound db's)) rotator cuff work to warm up before I do my chest/shoulder workouts. I do DB cubans, which are probably called something else. ;)

Occasionally on off days I do more of a rotator workout, just to get it in. I don't like doing heavy rotator work and a full chest/shoulder workout in the same session, myself. Since I have a badly damaged left delt/rotator, I feel that it's too much stress on the smaller muscles.

EdgarMex
03-18-2003, 12:35 PM
Sorry to hear about your shoulder, man, I hope it won't give you much trouble and it heals soon. The workout looks great though.

Like Borris, I do some shoulder warmup before doing chest or shoulders. I do 3 sets of external rotations and 3 sets of internal rotations with 5 lbs plates and that seems to get my shoulders ready.

Isaac Wilkins
03-18-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by EdgarMex
Sorry to hear about your shoulder, man, I hope it won't give you much trouble and it heals soon. The workout looks great though.

Like Borris, I do some shoulder warmup before doing chest or shoulders. I do 3 sets of external rotations and 3 sets of internal rotations with 5 lbs plates and that seems to get my shoulders ready.

Yep, I do those as well. :D

JustinF
03-19-2003, 03:26 AM
Nice sessions bro. You're strength seems to upping with each week. Great job! Hope the shoulder gets better soon, that sure can be a pain in the ass!!

ericg
03-19-2003, 06:38 AM
Everyone: WH, Mik, Brad, Borris, Edgar, and Justin - thanks for the responses and the help. I think I am going to lighten up the rotator work that I do on PUSH day. I used to do some rotator work as a warmup and I think I will go back to it. Do some LIGHT internal/external work and some cubans before I start the session off. Thanks again guys!!!

3/18/2003 Day 37 of cut

Nothing to report. Went to "full moon madness" at margaritas last night after making a trip to the mall. I stopped by GNC so I could get a bar for the ride home (MetRx Pro Plus) and noticed that they had some detour bars - with 10g active carbos, so i grabbed on. DAM those are awesome, im instantsly addicted. YUM.

Ok now that is over; I am going to get STUPIFIED tonight (Wednesday). I am going to see Disturbed, Taproot, Chevelle, and some other band tonight locally. I really enjoy Disturbed live and looking forward to the show. Should be a good time.

Isaac Wilkins
03-19-2003, 07:09 AM
Ooooooohhh! *jumping up and down like Yosimite Sam*

You got to go to Full Moon Madness, and get to see a great show!

Ooooooohhh!

I'm on duty, as I was last night. :cry:

I will get to go see Henry Rollins on Thursday night, though. :cool:

EdgarMex
03-19-2003, 12:27 PM
That sounds like a great show, Eric, enjoy!!

bradley
03-19-2003, 02:26 PM
Sounds like fun. I will be interested to hear how Chevelle is live. Taproot is ace as well. :dj:

kAiXuan
03-19-2003, 05:38 PM
chevelle is cool, whats up ric??

ericg
03-20-2003, 10:02 AM
Borris - The concert kicked ass. Was a blast. I went up in front for some of it - love to feel the bass kicking you in the chest. Wat a great time. Rollins should be a good time :thumbup:

Edgar - Thanks man, was a great time.

Brad - Chevelle was pretty good live. I think taproot played a bit better then them though. Course Disturbed is crazy live - I find his voice amazing; amazing that he can carry on with it night after nigth.

kAiXuan - Ya they are good. I think they could have done a better job on stage though. But who am I to critique. Not to much going on here man. Same ol sh!t different day. Thanks for checking in man.

3/19/2003 Day 38 of cut

Like I mentioned above the concert was a great time!! Kicked ass to be exact. Diet was great the entire day. Nothing much to report. Tonight (Thurs) I should be throwing myself around the bball court for a couple of hours. That should be a good time. I may do some Squats, sldl, chins, DB rows - depending on how I feel after work.

I just started inspecting a new project so I wont be in the office as much - will be getting a bit of OT though so that is cool. later mates...

EdgarMex
03-20-2003, 11:08 AM
I'm glad you had a good time at the concert. I heard on the radio that Disturbed (along with Chevelle and Taproot) is coming to El Paso on April 11th and I really want to see them live (I missed it the last time they were here). Hopefully I can work something out since the show is going to be on a friday.

How is your shin doing? Does it still hurt after playing bball?

Isaac Wilkins
03-24-2003, 09:18 AM
Rollins spoke the words, man.

That's awesome that the concert was good! Watch yourself playing BBall, that's dangerously close to cardio. tuttut

:D

ericg
03-30-2003, 12:22 PM
Hey everyone. It has been WAY to long. I have been working out in the field inspecting a job that started up a while ago so I havent had a chance to update. I very rarely go online when I am at home and since i have been out of the office its hard for me to post while I am away.

Training had been doign great. Last monday I took it very light with the bench. i did one set with 215 or 220, and my shoulder hurt so i dropped to 165 and paused on my chest just for the fuk of it. it was too easy - but it didnt hurt so its all good. I will try it out again tomorrow. Last weeks PULL session was AWESOME. I hit 10 reps with 15lbs strapped to my back. I was pumped. Need to add more to it this Wednesday. Legs are still legs :( SLDL is good as usual. Oh and I jogged and played bbal this week as well.

Thats about it. Oh i did weigh in on Friday morning at 179.5lbs which is down from 188.5lbs so far from the start of the cut. not to shabby. Hopefully i will be in the office a bit more this comming week.

Oh and for those of you that check my journal - dont fret I am here and still lifting hard and heavy - work is just keeping me busy. I will have to spend a day or so catching up with your journals - you guys/gals kinow who you are.

later....gator

Franco
03-30-2003, 01:14 PM
Good to see you around again:)

Coke
03-31-2003, 07:10 AM
Thats right...lol, :) Don't be tryin to disappear on us Bro!

Workhorse
03-31-2003, 12:08 PM
Glad to see you're still in the gym even if you're not here... keep up the great work eric!

EdgarMex
03-31-2003, 12:22 PM
Congrats, on the weight loss, you'll have to post some pics when you're done with the cut, man.

ericg
03-31-2003, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the responses guys!

I have a PUSH session tonight and I should be in the office tomorrow so I will post how it went. Thanks for checking in and not forgetting about me!

Edgar - I hope to post some shots in a couple of months. I have been taking pics throughout my cut so when i do post you will see the progression. Thanks for checking in!

Im thinking....hmmm...

I have been thinking a great deal about taking some sort of ECA supp. I am not sure which brand though. I have never taken anything in the past so I have no experience of the potential side effects for my body in particular.

The reasons are two fold, and both obvious. 1) To promote fat loss, duh. 2) To give myself a little more push/energy in the gym - ah, basement, whatever - you catch my drift.

Any of my journal followers/lurkers have any good/bad experiences they care to share? Feel free to post to you hearts content

Workhorse
03-31-2003, 02:49 PM
I've taken RFA-1 and I loved it. Gave me an energy boost and definately aided in fat loss. Its up to you if you want to take it, just follow the recomended dosages and supplement with Vitamin C (3000mg a day) and Vitamin B6 (100mg a day) and B12 (100mcg a day).

bradley
04-01-2003, 03:30 AM
I am sure the ECA would serve you well, but just start out at a low dose and see how you respond to it. How is the shoulder doing these days? Glad to see you back on the boards and keep up the hard work on the cut:)

JustinF
04-01-2003, 06:34 AM
Nice job on the cut eric. Keep up the good work, glad to see ya back. I can understand the not posting thing, I've been pretty busy at work as well, been slacking too.

ericg
04-01-2003, 07:41 AM
WH - Thanks for the input man. Will check the stuff out. Also, why those vitamins in particular? I mean I take a mutli and extra vitC every day - im just curious if C, B6, and B12 have any direct effect on the ECA? Thanks again man.

Brad - Yeah I think I am going to start it up in a week or so. Have to check out all my options first. The shoulder is doing a bit better, thanks :) As you can see I was able to give it my all with the BB bench today so I was/am happy about that. Thought it still isnt 100%.

Justin - Thanks, I still ahve a long way to go with the cut. Hopefully in a couple more months I will have cut enough fat to see the abs clearly. I figure another 10-15lbs and I will be happy - then I can take it easy and bulk a couple months later WOO HOO.

3/31/2003 Day 50 of cut

PUSH

Cubans EZ Curl Bar = 25lbs*15, 25*15
Doing these to warm up the shoulders. Nothing special

Seated External Rotations = 10lbs *10, 10*10
Again, warming up the shoulders. Nothing special

BB Flat Bench = 135*10, 165*5, 220*5*5*5*5
Yeah. Not bad here at all. Last week (not posted) I took it very light with the bench and did sets of 180 after the first set of 220 hurt my shoulder. So I figured I would get set back a bit with the bench. Didnt happen. I got 5 reps on all the sets; last session at 220 i missed the last set - only got 4 full reps. So I am pleased with this. Shoulder didnt feel 100% but it didnt bother me enough to keep me from benching heavy.

Seated Overhead BB press (no back support) = 85*10, 120*9.5
Almost got 10 fulls reps with the 120. This is a rep and a half better than last week. Still my PB is 10 reps though.

Plate Loaded Cable Pushdowns = 50*10, 105*7.5, 100*8
OK, not to bad added 5lbs to the midle set last week and made some progress with the reps this week so i am happy.

Lateral Raises, arms fully extended, slow reps = 20*12, 20*12, 20*2
Going light with these. Feel better when i do them light. I am such a fuken wuss though :(

DIET NHE

m1 - 4eggs
m2 - apple, tuna, cashews
m3 - chicken, green beans
m4 (post train) - whey, olive oil
m5 - chicken tenders at margaritas
m6 - had some cashews b4 sleepy time

Not bad. Well within my guidelines.

MISC

Went to Margaritas for a bit. Chatted with a bud about life and all the shiat that happened this past weekend so that was cool.

Today was the first day that I started to work 4 -10hour days. So my new schedule is M-Th, 7am to 5pm. Yeah baybee!! This is going to be a year around schedule so I am really looking forward to having 3 day weekends - oh and since i work for a municipality (actually quasi-municipal), meaning we have tons of holidays that flal on a monday, I will have 4 days weekends! Again, yeah baybee.

WEIGHT

Did not take it.

Workhorse
04-01-2003, 07:48 AM
Great workout! The weights are still going up even though you're cutting, that's awesome!!!

The vitamin C, B6 & B12 just ensure your body is operating properly while on the ECA. It helps everything function properly etc....

Check this out for more info (http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=50)

WillKuenzel
04-01-2003, 07:58 AM
Bench is looking sweet man. Are you waiting until you can do 5 reps through all 5 sets until you move up?

Seated over head with no back support it pretty tough. That's how I used to them back home and it really helped to build up the lower back holding myself in place.

I wouldn't worry about the 20's for lateral raises. That's damn close to what I do for them. I really like doing them light and getting a nice squeeze at the top. I just can't seem to keep my arms straight and get that feeling with anything too much heavier.

Good luck with the new job. I'm trying to get on 4 10's myself. Sounds like a sweet schedule.

Mik
04-01-2003, 08:30 AM
Nice benching man. You've really improved on the lately. Keep up the good work!

ericg
04-01-2003, 09:02 AM
WH - Thanks for the props man!! I hope they continue to move up and the cut goes by quickly (even though i know its a slow process). Thanks for the link man, will check it out during lunch.

HY - Thanks man. I am actually doing 4 sets of 5, and you are right - when i hit 5 reps with all 4 sets I move up! Sometimes I wish I had some back support for the OVHD presses though - see what kind of difference it makes. I hear yeah about the squeeze at the top with the laterals - just have to check the ego with this movement. The job isnt changing, they just changed the hours so its all good and will be a hell of a time this summer. Cruising on the bike with chicks!!

Mik - Thanks for chiming in man. Glad you stopped by. Thanks again.

Coke
04-01-2003, 09:44 AM
Better keep things going right cause I'm bout to pass you on the bench press, j/k :D Good luck on cutting.

Isaac Wilkins
04-01-2003, 10:34 AM
Yeeeah, buddy! 225 next week! Is this 5x5 (or 4x5 in your case) not the best benching fun you've had in a while?

EdgarMex
04-01-2003, 11:59 AM
The bench is getty strong, dude, nice job!

About the EC, I used Ripped Fuel for about 5 weeks in my cut. I was taking 3 caps per day instead of the recommended 6 and took them every 2 hours (there are a couple of old threads about that). Even though I took them early in the day, they still gave me a small boost on my night workouts. It also works as an appetite suppresor, which was something good at the beggining of the cut (I started taking them about 4 weeks after I started reducing cals0. I particularly noticed that last week, after I ran out of Ripped Fuel the Friday before. ON Monday and Tuesday I was getting hungry about 30-40 minutes before the time of my meals and I was waking up really hungry, but since it was the last week of my cut I just sucked it up.

bradley
04-02-2003, 03:19 AM
Nice work on the bench eric. Nice to hear the shoulder isn't giving you as much trouble. I agree with HY in that overhead press without any back support is tough. Get some good use out of those stabilizer muscles:) Diet is looking spot on IMO:thumbup:

ericg
04-02-2003, 08:49 AM
CoCoa - LOL, thanks man!

Borris - Thanks. 225 is ALL FUKEN MINE next week man! I cant wait I wish it were monday aka PUSH day already. This 4x5 is awesome - I love it.

Edgar - Thanks for the props and for the info on the ECA. I hardly need an appetite suppressant though. Not that I have a hard time getting my meals in but my hunger levels have always been in check. Thanks again.

Brad - Thanks. Yeah I hope the shoulder keeps getting better. I really need to buy some Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM and see if that could serve as some sort of preventive maintenance.

4/1/2003 Day 51 of cut

DIET NHE

m1 - 4eggs
m2 - apple, chicken green beans, 4 shots of walnut oil (tsp)
m3 - steak
m4 - white chocolate oreo cap from gloria jeans :(
m5 - pasta, alfredo, chicken, cheese cake :(

More in the misc section about why I had a cheat aka carb up (yeah right) in the middle of the week.

MISC

Ok, where to start...

Ok, so I had a date last night and I must say that it s one, if not the best, date I have been on since my journey into singletown. I had to go to the mall to do a bit of shopping so I figured it would be cool to walk around and chat. She was cool right from the start. I must admit I am a nervous/excited wreck when it comes to dating and all that does with the first impressions and what not – so it was great that it seemed like we hit it off from the beginning. I mean right away we starting talking about everything and anything that came up. It almost seemed like we have known each other for a fair amount of time. So after I did a little bit of shopping we went into the arcade and I proceeded to kick her arse in some motorcycle racing game – then she kicked mine twice on some grand prix game (have to let them win sometimes – yeah right). It’s funny to think that on a first date we went to the arcade – that is a first since I am not into video games. It was a cool/fun idea though. So after the arse whooping I took from the racing – we went to eat at the Olive Garden and spent about two hours eating, chatting, debating, and just sizing each other up LOL. We had some really great conversations, but there was a point that was uncomforting when we kind of got into a friendly debate over AAS. We have sooo much in common and when we believe in something it seems as though we won’t back down until the other person stops – so I kind of dropped the subject like a school girls pants (no she doesn’t wear undies) on prom night. That was the only time though that I felt any negative vibe, if you will, and to be honest it wasn’t negative – neutral I guess would be a better word. Everything else was positive. Oh and get this: when we got our bill she swiped it up and paid for the whole thing – this has never happened to me before; either I pay or we go dutch, so it struck me as weird – I was kinda surprised at the fact that she didn’t even think about it and wanted to pay. Damn – I guess the look on my face and my remarks made her feel that I was upset/embarrassed/insulted by this – but I was just so shocked. So that was cool LOL (so in my mind im thinking – she is a keeper). Anyways, like I said above we have sooo much in common: she rides a motorcycle, she loves to lift weights (her aunt was a former bber), knows some things about nutrition and exercise to have a great conversation with, is very active/athletic, our personalities seem to be right on the same track – we can almost finish each other’s sentences. It is almost scary how much we have in common – like we are twins separated at birth (although she has a much better smile that I do). You know what is funny though, I feel that we clicked big time and that made me nervous – like this cant be happening. I mean that date started at 7pm and we talked non stop till almost 1am and usually I will get bored or run out of things to talk about but I really think I could have talked for a couple more hours. I am not sure why I felt this way – like it’s too good to be true. I always tell myself not to expect so much out of things and just to let things happen as they will, but things just went so well I have a hard time believing that it’s not just a dream. I hate to sound corny but she really seems like a cool girl. We have even discussed our sex lives and preferences haha. Lets just say, hypothetically, it wouldn’t get boring. So since I have this long paragraph going…I figure why hit the enter button now – I will just go on and describe to all you ericg journal freaks (all 5 of you or so haha) what exactly Ashley looks like: she is 23, born a couple weeks after me, 5’6.75” (gotta love how specific she is), very nice body, dyes her hair a dark red color that is sassy (and I love sassy) – naturally she has brown hair, she has one of the best complexions that I have seen = very pretty face and bone structure, a smile that melted me a couple of times (yeah I sound like a softy – oh well, it truly is a wonderful smile), intelligent, strong, confident, artistic (this is a first for me). She can come off being a little intimidating, if you don’t know her – I think this is from her being strong and confident. So that’s not a bad thing at all – it’s not like she is rude and obnoxious. She sits perfectly in the middle of that fine line between being arrogant and a pushover, meaning that you can tell she is a strong minded person/body/soul, but she has a heart of chocolate covered gold that will melt if in the right situations. So that’s her in a nutshell – its really hard to take the mental images I have of her personality and appearance and write them down – but when I think of each of those traits it brings a smile to my face. So it was a great date in my mind and I hope that she feels the same way. I asked her how she thought things went before we split and she said she had a great time and could sit and talk with me for hours. So that is a cool thing. One other bit of nervousness/excited ness came upon me at the end when we said our “goodbyes”. First I like to say that I am not usually nervous after the date gets on a roll, but I wasn’t sure how to approach the end of the night – or how exactly she wanted me to say goodbye. I am sure she could sense this on my face. So I just went with a couple of hugs (she gave me a peck on the cheek), thanked her for a great night, and told her that I wouldn’t mind if she gave me a call sometimes. I think back now – only a few hours later and think that I blew that part LOL. I know the date went great so I shouldn’t have been so “nervous” on what approach I should have taken – in fear that I would have ruined the night, been to pushy, or something else. The irony is that I still feel that I didn’t end the night on a “super-positive” note (wasn’t anywhere near negative – just the rest of the night was like a dream), so all those nerves didn’t do a dam bit of fuken good LOL. So that is the date in a nutshell – I am sure this must be hard to read/follow – but that’s me, yeah I am hard to read/follow sometimes. the end :D

WEIGHT

Did not take it.

Mik
04-02-2003, 08:57 AM
Grats on what sounded like an ace first date man. he sounds wonderful. What does she see in you? j/k.

Isaac Wilkins
04-02-2003, 09:01 AM
Damn, bra, it sounds like you had a great time! :thumbup:

She sounds awesome, but you discussed AAS on the first date? tuttut

Don't worry about the smoothness (or lack there of). Most women I know tend to like a guy that's a little rough/shy around the edges, especially if they think about dating him.

Then end of the date sounds decent to me. I either end up similar to that if I like the girl, or sleeping with her, if she's a random piece and hasn't figured it out yet. *watches xraygirl and cgirl sharpen the pointy sticks* But I'm usually not that much of a bastard. :D

On the real, if she had half as much fun as you did, there should be a second date. :thumbup:

Oh, and don't worry about the mid-week carb up. You need it for leptin's sake, as small as you're getting. Oops. Lean, I meant lean. ;)

Workhorse
04-02-2003, 09:29 AM
Great date man... sounds awesome... good luck with everything!!! :thumbup:

ericg
04-02-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Mik
Grats on what sounded like an ace first date man. he sounds wonderful. What does she see in you? j/k.

I hope you mean "She sounds wonderful." LOL

I am not sure what she sees in me haha. I guess im a studmuffin' (wow, thats a very cheesey word - love it). Thanks man.

Borris - Yeah, I was explaining to her about my goals of being around 200lbs at about 10% or so. Then I mentioned that I may get stuck/addicted to getting big - and that AAS could be in the distant future (very distant), basically stating that I wouldnt rule it out. All is cool though. LOL at the random girl thing! Yeah I am getting small damnit. I cant wait till the cut is over so i can try to be a fatbastard like you ;) j/k. Thanks for checking in.

WH - thanks bro. I hope things go well either way.

MISC

I cant wait to take a fuken nap after i get home from work. Then its PULL. yeah baybee. Should be a good session.

Oh and I also forgot to mention earlier that I am going to Mass for the weekend - Chicapee (sp?), very close to Springfield. A good friend of mine is having a suprise bday party on saturday. So needless to say the diet may faulter a bit this weekend depending on what they have. All in good fun.

Mik
04-02-2003, 11:45 AM
Oops!Thanks for correcting that man.lol

ectx
04-02-2003, 12:17 PM
Congrats on the date. Sounds like a keeper.

I expect to see 225 for bench here next week. If it's not there then I'll be dropping off Mr. Spam everyday until you do. Hey, I'm just trying to be helpful. LOL. Anyting in the name of Spam.

EdgarMex
04-02-2003, 02:21 PM
It sound like you had a great time on your date, and I agree with ec, she's a keeped, hopefully everything will workout well for you, man. :)

ericg
04-03-2003, 07:45 AM
ectx - 225 will be mine next week FOR SURE *runs from the spam man*. thanks for checking in man!!! Cant say if she is a keeper yet. Though things seemed to go in the right direction so that is cool. We are going to see a movie tonight (thursday), so will see how that goes!!!

Edgar - Time will tell. Whatever happens I am sure we still will be riding together this summer - motorcycles that is. Unless she turns into a stalker.

4/2/2003 Day 52 of cut

PULL

Chins = BW+20lbs*8,*7,*5.5, bw*9
Added 5lbs to the belt - still managed 8 nice reps, should have went for 9, not sure what i was thinking - or if i was at all. Felt great and happy with this. The first 6 with no added lbs - i felt like i was going to pull myself through the roof! gotta love it

Nice here. Form was great. Thinking about added some lbs next week. FYI - in comparison to C. Mason's BO BB row, my form is much tighter - my back is slightly higher than his though - rom is full and my back is more stable. Just so you can get an idea - im not knocking on form.

BO DB Rear Delt Raises = 40*12, 40*12
Nice work here. Tie a PB - should add 5 or 2.5lbs next week.

Standing EZ Bar Curls = 70*10, 90*11, dropped to 60*10
WOW - this is the best i have done with these in a while and my bis where already pumped and tired form all the back work - so i am happy with this and will throw some more weight on next week for sure. The drop set is a nice burn - curl jockey - yeah

DIET NHE

m1 - 4 lg eggs
m2 - apple, tuna, 6tsp walnut oil
m3 - chicken, green beans
m4 (post train) - 1 serv whey, i tbsp olive oil
m5 - tenders at margaritas, ranch dressing

Good.

MISC

I was fuken tired from the night before so I tried to take a nap after I got home from work but I only eneded up dosing off for a couple of minutes. I was suprised the PULL session was that good - considering how tired I was.

Got anohter date set for thursday night with last nights date - go see a movie or something. Should be a good time.

that is all

JustinF
04-03-2003, 08:14 AM
Nice session bro. Sounds like a great date you had. Be careful though, just a warning: The last date I had that was almost exactly as you described: I ended up marying her! LOL, I know you love to hear the M word. Seriously though, she sounds like a good catch. You'll be able to tell better after Thursday! :thumbup:

Isaac Wilkins
04-03-2003, 08:21 AM
Dude, if you're not careful, you're going to build a set of arms. tuttut

WillKuenzel
04-03-2003, 08:37 AM
Nice job on the chins! Those look like some excellent sets. And like Borris said, if you ain't careful you might have a hard time fitting through doors with that back. :D

Good luck with the date thing. Sounds like you had a good time before.

Mik
04-03-2003, 09:25 AM
Nice session man. Chins are really coming along.
Good luck with the date.

ericg
04-03-2003, 10:29 AM
Justin - Thanks man. i will keep you all informed on the date ;)

Borris - if you were saying my arms are small - see attached pic ;). Thanks for the response man, appreciate it.

HY - Thanks man, I put a bak pic up here as well, will be a couple posts down...will let ya know all about the date.

Mik - Thanks :thumbup:

ericg
04-03-2003, 10:29 AM
another bi shot

ericg
04-03-2003, 10:30 AM
my back...

i have more pics in the members pic section....

Isaac Wilkins
04-03-2003, 10:32 AM
LOL. That's the attitude I'm talking about, bro.

That's a nice looking forearm you have there. Where's the upper arm? Oh. That was your.... Oh. Ace! ;)

Isaac Wilkins
04-03-2003, 10:33 AM
Seriously, you're looking good, man. Is the back pic new?

WillKuenzel
04-03-2003, 10:36 AM
Seriously nice set of arms there. Those peaks are nice. LMAO, at the bird!

Your back is really widening out too. Hit a nice lat spread and bet you'd have to wonder if you're going to make it through the door or not.

EdgarMex
04-03-2003, 10:37 AM
Great set of arms and delts, man! Back is looking pretty good too, and I'm sure it'll be looking better by the time you're done with your cut :thumbup:

That last workout looked real good. Great work on the chins!

ericg
04-03-2003, 11:08 AM
Thanks again for all the responses guys!!

The back pic was taken on the 3/14/03. So yeah, its new. I hold a ton of fat in my lower back :(

I put some b4-current pics up in the memebers pic section for all those who are interested...

thanks again guys :thumbup:

Mik
04-03-2003, 11:40 AM
Eric, arms and delts are lookin solid bro. Nice peak on the bi's.

JustinF
04-04-2003, 02:37 AM
Nice progress thus far eric. Your hard work is paying off.

bradley
04-04-2003, 03:04 AM
The back pic was taken on the 3/14/03. So yeah, its new. I hold a ton of fat in my lower back

I feel your pain. Arms and back are looking good man, keep it up:thumbup:

Nice back workout Eric. Those chins and rows are going well it seems.

Good luck with date. Hope all went well:)

ericg
04-08-2003, 11:09 AM
Justin - Thanks man. I hope to have some more in a couple of months or so.

Brad - Ya, lower back fat sucks. Thanks for the props!!

4/7/2003 Day 57 of cut

PUSH

BB Flat Bench = 135*10, 165*5, 225*5*5*5*5
YEP. So I kicked the BP arse today. Very happy with this. Up 5lbs on all 4 sets - I own 225, next week its 230!!

Seated Overhead BB press (no back support) = 85*10, 125*8, 85*10
Decided to add 5lbs to the heavy set and managed 8 nice and slow reps with 125 - I probably could have squeezed one more, but decided it would be wise to stop for my shoulders sake. I may throw 5 more lbs on next week.

Plate Loaded Cable Pushdowns = 50*10, 105*9, 100*9
More progress with the reps this week on both heavy sets. Feels damn good.

Lateral Raises, arms fully extended, slow reps = 20*12, 20*12, 20*12
Still feel like a girl with these, no offense to anyone. Had some slight pain in the left shoulder

DIET NHE

Not bad. Well within my guidelines. Low in cals though

MISC

Weekend was good. I went to Mass for a good friends bday party. Needless to say my diet form friday night to and including sunday sucked moose testies. I felt and still feel like a fat arse haha. Although I had a great pull session.

It was nice to get away from the monotonous sate of Maine, and break the normalcy.

I had a good time on the date Thursday night. Things are a bit fuked up right now, but it will all come clean in the wash I am sure. Its a very long and confusing story so I iwll spare y'all the details.

WEIGHT

Did not take it.

Workhorse
04-08-2003, 11:16 AM
Nice to see you back man... glad to hear the weekend was fun.

Good workout, everything looks in order... keep it up!! :D :clap:

Isaac Wilkins
04-08-2003, 11:25 AM
Nice benching, bro! Good OH pressing after the bench, too! Damn. You're worrying me. We need to do a training session this summer.

Followed by a carbing session. ;)

ericg
04-08-2003, 11:32 AM
Nice benching, bro! Good OH pressing after the bench, too! Damn. You're worrying me. We need to do a training session this summer.

Followed by a carbing session. ;)

That would be sweet on both accounts. I love "carb loads";)

Seriosuly, that would be cool. I am sure I would learn a lot.

WH - thanks man, just gotta keep it up and the results will eventually appear.

Isaac Wilkins
04-08-2003, 11:43 AM

That would be sweet on both accounts. I love "carb loads";)

Seriosuly, that would be cool. I am sure I would learn a lot.

WH - thanks man, just gotta keep it up and the results will eventually appear.

Amen.

Dude, don't look now, but the results are appearing. Your gains lately are phenomenal.

EdgarMex
04-08-2003, 12:58 PM
It looks like you had a great push session, man. The bench is awesome, and OH press is looking sweet too. Good job!

ectx
04-08-2003, 01:44 PM

BB Flat Bench = 135*10, 165*5, 225*5*5*5*5
YEP. So I kicked the BP arse today. Very happy with this. Up 5lbs on all 4 sets - I own 225, next week its 230!!

I had my can of spam™ in hand and was ready to use it; glad I didn't have to. Congrats on 225. Impressive progress.

Alke
04-08-2003, 03:29 PM
Awesome sets man! 225 for reps is sweet! That is sorta my goal to get 225 for reps one of these here days. Those 5x5's seem to be progressing great for you!

I use to do OH presses standing but my back doesnt like that. I didnt think of doing them seated, I'll have to try them that way and see how I feel.......

awesome pics BTW!

JustinF
04-09-2003, 02:53 AM
Nice session bro. Your bench is going up steadily each week. Great progress!!

Coke
04-09-2003, 05:52 AM
I liked your pics man, good progress :cool: Great to see you starting to pass the 225lbs mark bro! :)

bradley
04-09-2003, 08:43 AM
Nice work on the bench Eric. Do you ever alternate in incline BP into your program? I expect to see 5x5 with 230 next session;)

Mik
04-09-2003, 09:12 AM
225 has been pwned :eek:

Good work man! Keep up the progress.

ericg
04-10-2003, 11:05 AM
borris - Thanks man. I know the results have been coming - just need to be patient. Thanks again.

edgar - Thanks a lot man. I do feel like a had a great push session.

ectx - LOL, I dodged the spam man. Thanks for the compliments man!!

ken - Thanks a lot for checking in man! The 225 felt great, 230 is up next! The 5 reps sets seem to be treating me well. Sometimes I wish I had a bench with some back support for the OVHD presses, but the seated ones dont bother me so i wont fuss. Thanks again man.

justin - Thanks man - I hope it never stops. Also hope the rest will follow suit. Thanks

cocoa - The pics are not to bad, I cant wait to get to see those abs though - man i will party so hard it will probably dissapear in one day. Thanks.

brad - Thanks brad - I have never alternated in inclines before - why do you ask? I will give it hell next monday see if i can get the 4x5. Thanks

mik 0 Thankd man - next up is 230, hope to pwn that one as well ;).

Didnt work the legs yesterday - it took me a lot longer to install my nephews cd player than i expected so it screwed that all up. Tonight I have PULL though - looking forward to it. I may hit the legs/abs on friday. See how i feel.

Workhorse
04-10-2003, 11:10 AM
Official "man" count..... 9. :D j/k

MonStar
04-10-2003, 11:11 AM
LOL @ Workhorse.

Nice OH pressin' eric!

bradley
04-11-2003, 03:13 AM
Thanks brad - I have never alternated in inclines before - why do you ask? I will give it hell next monday see if i can get the 4x5. Thanks

I was just curious. It seems as though I can really feel my chest being worked when I perform inclines so it might be worth a shot. Although inclines and shoulder presses could be too much in one session. Just a thought, but at the rate you are moving up on the flat bench press I would stick with that:)

JustinF
04-11-2003, 09:13 AM
Eric, hey :windup: Where's the workouts? ;)

WillKuenzel
04-11-2003, 12:19 PM
:withstupi

I haven't seen a workout in here in over 3 days. :mad:

Hope you got all that girl stuff straightened out so you can get back to the gym. ;)

Coke
04-12-2003, 11:22 AM
Leave him be, leave them lovebirds alone...lol ;)

ericg
04-14-2003, 05:56 AM
WH - LOL, yeah I guess I got carried away!! Thanks for the totatlly useless post btw.

Mon - Thanks for checking in!

Brad - Yeah I am going to stick with what I am doing for now. Thanks for the advice though - will keep that in mind for the future!!

Justin - LOL, I have been lifting hard, having 3 day weekends keeps me from posting as musch as I did before. Figures I forgot my notes at home and I cannot remember what I did on thursday - so you will have to wait until tomorrow - then you will get a couple of sessions.

HY - Things are cool with everything. I still talk to that girl that I went out with a couple of weeks back so thats all good - she is a nice girl, fun to hang with, but i just want to be friends. I dont want to get involved in anything at this time. Like I told Justing - the workouts have been going great, just dont have much time to post as I used to :(. Stay tuned though - tomorrow you will be overwhelmed.

Co - LOL thanks for having my back man, eventhough thats not the case. Haha, thanks again.

Workhorse
04-14-2003, 08:13 AM
WH - LOL, yeah I guess I got carried away!! Thanks for the totatlly useless post btw.
You're welcome, and I can't wait to see your workouts... :D

EdgarMex
04-14-2003, 11:38 AM
It's good to see you around, dude, I want to see those workouts too :D

ericg
04-15-2003, 06:02 AM
Edgar & WH - Here is my pull session from last week.

4/10/2003 Day 60 of cut

PULL

Chins = BW+20lbs*8,*7.5,*6.5, bw*10.5
Moved up in reps on all sets except for the first. Pretty happy with this - dam I love doing weighted chins.

DB BO Row = 65*10, 115*10, 115*10
Form was good. I added 5lbs to the two heavy sets for the same number of reps - I may throw some more on next week. Shall see how I feel.

BO DB Rear Delt Raises = 42.5*12, 42.5*12
Nice. I added a 2.5lb plate for the same number of reps - these got a bit difficult at the end, but nothing I couldnt handle. Gonna move up another 2.5 next week.

Standing EZ Bar Curls = 70*10, 95*9+1, dropped to 60*11
More improvement from last week!! Added 5lbs to the heavy set and almost got 10 full reps - I needed a little help on the last one. The drop set was great, ohhh what a pump ;)

DIET NHE

Cant remember that far back. But I assure you it was within my guidelines.

4/14/2003 Day 64 of cut

MISC

Dam I was beat after work today. I was supposed to have PULL at around 6:30 but I fell asleep and didnt wake up until 8:30pm. Like I said I was beat like a red-headed stepchild (no offense). My buddy came over to lift at around 6:45 and saw that i was passed out so he just left - session is going to happen tonight instead - which actually works out a little better. Hoping the 230lb bench goes up well tonight. That is all for now...

PS - I forgot to mention that I went to watch a friend's band play this past saturday - dam what a good time. All the moshin has fuked up my left calf/achilles tendon so that REALLY sucks. I hope I am not gimping around to much longer :( It was well worth the moshin though.

Mik
04-15-2003, 07:05 AM
Grats on the PRs man. I think we got a chin jockey here!

Hope the calf/achilles feels better.

MonStar
04-15-2003, 07:22 AM
Damn eric, some impressive DB rowing strength! The 115s for 10 reps on each arm is friggin' awesome. Keep up the hard work man.

bradley
04-15-2003, 02:31 PM
Nice session Eric. Man you have some strong rear delts, and the bicep strength is getting up there as well. When you say DB boentover row is that with one hand or are you holding two dumbells and rowing with both hands at the same time?

I forgot to mention that I went to watch a friend's band play this past saturday - dam what a good time. All the moshin has fuked up my left calf/achilles tendon so that REALLY sucks. I hope I am not gimping around to much longer It was well worth the moshin though.

A little weekend cardio:) Hope the calf gets better.

Alke
04-15-2003, 02:40 PM
aces on the workout man! pull-ups are one of my favorite exercises....Do you use a very wide grip? I go just outside shoulder width on mine, and I was thinking of using a wider grip next session. Do you think varying the width of your grip is a good thing on pullups?

ericg
04-15-2003, 02:47 PM
Mik - Thanks man. I guess a chin jockey is a step above a curl jockey ;)

Mon - Thanks a lot!! Yeah I think my back is one of my stronger groups. I never really pushed myself till I started doing the weighted chins and row - it seems to be progressing nicely since i stepped up the intensity.

Brad - The DB BO rows are one arm at a time with a 115lb DB - i brace myself on a bench with the other hand. I let my arm hang all the way down and then bring the DB up till the plate hit my side (elbow is a little past the edge of my back). Very little movement from the back is used and the legs have no role - except for holding my upright ;). Thanks for checking in man!!

Kenn - Thanks for the reply man. My grip is shoulder width - curl grip. There was a lot of talk about what grip to use and what not - i mean which grip is best for the lats, in the training section. I will do a search and see if I can find it. IMHO - use the grip you are strongest with - the key (in my mind) is to pull with the lats and not the biceps. Thanks again. I will post the link here, and send you a PM...

ericg
04-15-2003, 02:52 PM
Kenn - as promised...

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=390&highlight=pullups+OR+chins

enjoy

EdgarMex
04-15-2003, 02:54 PM
That was a great workout, chinJockey, I mean eric :D Your strength on the DB rows is real good too.

Sorry to hear about calf, just give it some rest and time to heal.

Alke
04-15-2003, 03:48 PM
wow, looks like that thread pretty much covered everything about chins LOL

about those DB rows.....I do my DB rows with both feet on the ground, using one hand on the bench for stabilization. Is that how you do it, I feel more comfortable that way vice propping one leg on the bench.

Isaac Wilkins
04-15-2003, 03:50 PM
Damn, bro. Those are some serious DB rows you're doing! Good stuff.

I look forward to hearing about the 230 pound benching!

ericg
04-16-2003, 07:05 AM
edgar - Thanks for stopping in. Yeah I love back day - its almost orgasmic, lol.

kenn - Hmm, never tried it "your" way before - sounds interesting though. I may give it a shot. I do them with one leg up on the bench.

Borris - Thanks a ton man! My 230 bench sucked arse as you can see - better next week though, it better be.

4/15/2003 Day 65 of cut

PUSH

BB Flat Bench = 135*10, 165*5, 230*5*4+1*3+1*3
FUK I didnt do as well as I expected - not even close. I did improve the weight so thats why it is in bold. I didnt want to drop below 4 reps but dam that was tough pushing it up. The 4+1 means there was 4 full clean reps and 1 forced. These better go up next week or i will go ape shiat.

Seated Overhead BB press (no back support) = 85*10, 130*6, 85*10
I added 5lbs to the heavy set and got a decent number of reps - i may have been able to squeeze another rep out but my shoulder was feeling humerous so i put the bar down. It felt good though. I think i may do the same weight for the last set next week - not sure if the ligter wieght/hi rep set is doing much then pumping me up??

Plate Loaded Cable Pushdowns = 50*10, 105*9, 100*8
No progress here, I actully dropped a rep on the last set - not worked up about it though.

Lateral Raises, arms fully extended, slow reps = 20*12, 20*12, 20*12
Felt good this week - no pain.

Overall it was an OK session. I mean I didnt get the reps i wanted with the bench but i did add 5lbs to it. I worked out late tonight, 8:45pm, and the session was done pretty quick.

DIET NHE

m1 - 4eggs
m2 - peanuts, detour bar
m3 - chicken, green beans, peanuts
m4 - peanuts
m5 - hamburg patty, cheese
m6 (post train) - chicken
m7 - some sausage

Didnt have any whey for after my session. I need to order some from DPS.

MISC

Shot some pool after i trained and showered.

I cried on my way home from work today as I watched all the bikes pass by my car - yeah thats right here it is 80 fuken degrees out and i am in my damn car...soon this wont be the case.

WEIGHT

Did not take it.

Mik
04-16-2003, 07:16 AM
Nice session man. Couple of PRs.....keep up the great work. When is the bike coming in?

Isaac Wilkins
04-16-2003, 08:46 AM
That's still some mighty fine benching, man! Damn. You're way over your bodyweight. Doing the math on proportions, if I were as proportionally strong as you...

You'll blast it next week!

WillKuenzel
04-16-2003, 09:13 AM
You also have to realize that you are increasing strength while cutting! It might not go up like you have seen it before but it makes it that much more impressive that you aren't losing strength.

ericg
04-16-2003, 09:34 AM
Mik - Thanks. PRs are a grand thing. The bike should be here in May - I am not sure if it will be the beginning or the end - so 2-6 weeks.

Borris - Thanks a lot!! Makes me feel much better, not that I am stressing it at this moment. Speaking of my weight - i havent checked it in a while, im suck a bad boy. I can safely say i am around 179-181 though. Thanks a lot man!

HY - Yeah that is a good point. I was just getting progressing so much it got to me. My main goal it to get the "pretty boy abs" then I will be bulking - watch out when that happens hahaha. Thanks for checking in. :)

bradley
04-16-2003, 02:19 PM
Nice work eric. It is good to see all that bold up there even though you are cutting. I agree with HY, in that maintaining strength is good on a cut and increasing poundages is even better.

I cried on my way home from work today as I watched all the bikes pass by my car - yeah thats right here it is 80 fuken degrees out and i am in my damn car...soon this wont be the case.

Patience is a virtue:D

ES-22
04-20-2003, 09:10 AM
Hey Bro long time no talk looks like your making some real strength gains...very awsome. Ive been trying to give it hell myself.

WillKuenzel
04-22-2003, 02:57 PM
Whoa man, 6 days without an update?! Did you finally get your bike out or what?

ericg
04-23-2003, 05:37 AM
Thanks ES-22. So are you now a Cards fan???

HY - Yeah, the long holiday and I am working out in the field inspecting some projects that we have going on - its busy as hell so I dont have much time to post! Thanks for bumping me up though :)

Last weeks pull session was a great one. I did some light legs as well - calf still bothered me from some moshin'. Mondays push session SUCKED :( I wimped out big time - i was fuken pissed. I dont have my notes with me today (dont have time to post them up right now anywas) but I will get both of those sessions up ASAP.

Thanks for checking in guys!!!

Coke
04-23-2003, 06:45 AM
Congrats on the good work you've been doin - keep it up
:thumbup: