PDA

View Full Version : good coke or bad coke?

Resurrector
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
CocaCola that is...

The new CocaCola Zero has the following on the nutrition table.

Nutrition Facts
Serving size 1 Can
Amount Per Serving

Calories - 0
Total Fat - 0
Sodium - 40mg
Total Carb - 0
Protein - 0

Not a significant source of fat cal., sat fat, trans fat, cholest, fiber, sugars, vitamin a, vitamin c, calcium and iron.

Mik
01-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Water > Coke.
All I drink is good old water and some skim milk.

Genacide
All coke is bad

getfit
still pop too me, i'm not a big fan of pop

Utopianhopes
01-19-2006, 08:13 AM
read up

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=67483&page=1&pp=25&highlight=Aspartame

Vapour Trails
01-19-2006, 08:19 AM
Coke Zero is awesome, tastes like real coke. There are a lot of people who will tell you diet pop is the devil, buts that's a load of paranoid crap.

noahfor123
01-19-2006, 10:07 AM

I was always told that only people from Pittsburgh say pop.

ShockBoxer
01-19-2006, 10:09 AM
It's called something besides 'a bottle of pop'?

mikey4402
01-19-2006, 10:25 AM
its soda...

actualy i say pop too haha

getfit
01-19-2006, 10:27 AM
i've always called it pop :D oh and i'm not from Pittsburgh ;)

ReelBigFish
01-19-2006, 10:38 AM
they call it pop in Minnesota and soda, "cold drink" or coke down here in Mississippi

ddegroff
01-19-2006, 10:41 AM
mmmm... water. Thats all I drink with some skim milk every now and then. I've had diet coke and coke zero, there all crap compared to the real coke. Its a bummer I no longer drink any kind of soda rather have 110 cals of natty peanut butter thant 110 cals of soda.

Anthony
01-19-2006, 10:52 AM
Is it the best thing you could drink? No. Is it going to make any difference in your goals? No.

MixmasterNash
01-19-2006, 10:56 AM
There's some interesting history:
Coke Zero is Coke Light in the rest of the world. Diet Coke failed overseas and so they replaced it with Coke Light. Now they're bringing Coke Light here, with it's slightly different flavor.

Genacide
01-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Coke Zero is awesome, tastes like real coke. There are a lot of people who will tell you diet pop is the devil, buts that's a load of paranoid crap.

I had a friend that lived off of coke and had a ton of neurological problems. Stopped drinking coke and the problem went away.

Thats the 2 sentence summary of a very long post I could make.

accuFLEX
01-19-2006, 01:52 PM
I had a friend that lived off of coke and had a ton of neurological problems. Stopped drinking coke and the problem went away.

Thats the 2 sentence summary of a very long post I could make.

Yea so clearly there was something else going on with this guy other than the fact that he stoped drinking coke.

p0tential
01-19-2006, 02:16 PM

Thats by far one of the strangest things I've heard here.
What kind of problems?

mikey4402
01-19-2006, 02:20 PM
some artifical sweetners have been know to cause neurological problems such as sezuires.

Alex.V
01-19-2006, 02:25 PM
some artifical sweetners have been know to cause neurological problems such as sezuires.

Repeated exposure to placebos can cause dementia and impotence.

I love it when reported side effects in double blind studies become linked to a compound, especially when there's no rational mechanism whatsoever for said action.

Alex.V
01-19-2006, 02:27 PM
And, by the way.

Diet soda =

1) water
2) caffeine
3) inert compounds.

Imbibe as you would the preceding, and you'll have your answer to any possible "good or bad" question regarding Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Mountain Dew, or any other beverage of the sort.

mikey4402
01-19-2006, 02:29 PM
Repeated exposure to placebos can cause dementia and impotence.

I love it when reported side effects in double blind studies become linked to a compound, especially when there's no rational mechanism whatsoever for said action.
i have a seziure disorder and i drink alot of ice tea and my doc said to stay away from sweet n low and just use real suger. i dont know just repeating what he said. also i havnt had as many seziures since switching to regular sugar. so it might be true might not be. but yeah i see what your saying belial

brickt.
01-19-2006, 03:10 PM
I've been a diet coke fiend for about 3 months now. Seriously, about 4x600ml bottles a day. I'm not kidding.

Recently I've been feeling like absolute ****. Headaches, lethargy, increased insomnia and anxiety. In an attempt to find a possible cause, I've cut out all artificial sweetners, except those present in whey etc.

2 days down, a lifetime to go.

bschatz88
01-19-2006, 03:22 PM
Everyone freaks out because there is phenylalanine in diet sodas. Phenylalanine is an essential AA that our body converts into another essential AA, tyrosine. The reason that warning is on the can is for people with Phenylketonuria (PKU).

In individuals with PKU, the enzyme that breaks down phenylalanine is deficient.

Read about it
http://www.medhelp.org/lib/pku.htm
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/disease/Phenylketo.html
http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultranet/BiologyPages/P/Phenylketonuria.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenylketonuria

rk77
01-19-2006, 03:43 PM
True water is best, but diet coke is 100 times better then drinking regular "pure sugar" soda.

ArchAngel777
01-19-2006, 04:01 PM
You mean Coke fooled people? There is absolutely no way Coke Zero tastes like Coca Cola... LOL, it is horrible and is only slightly better than Diet Coke. Seriously, people honestly believe it tastes just like Coke Cola? I bought a twelve pack 6 months ago when I seen the comercial and all of it went in the trash after the first can. Horrible.

Now I don't drink any Soda Pop... Water, Hot Cocoa and Milk are what I drink.

intargc
01-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Is it the best thing you could drink? No. Is it going to make any difference in your goals? No.

That's probably the most elegant way to put it.