PDA

View Full Version : 6 months later...

McIrish
01-20-2006, 02:08 AM
here's two of the abs flexed and one of the back flexed... i think i still need some work on the traps which i can't build for the life of me... so far im hovering somewhere around 155-160 lbs and i'm trying to cleanly bulk.

suggestions or ideas or thoughts? id appreciate it thanks guys

bloodninja
01-20-2006, 03:05 AM
You're proportionate. The traps will fill in eventually as long as you're doing heavy shrugs and deadlifts.

And how long are you into the bulk? If you're still showing some abs...you need to eat more.

McIrish
01-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Ninja - thanks for the heads up on eating more. Seems to me that whenever I ask anyone for lifting advice it's like a broken record. I lift heavy 4x/week but I'm still not sure how much I should be eating. Aside from going home during winter and taking a break (ahhh if I'd have known 2weeks of eating like I used to would have had such a huge impact), I've been solidly putting on 3-4 lbs a month at around 3000 cals/day, and my lifts have gone up considerably since I started. Actually, I realized the title of the thread is a bit of a misnomer - I've actually only lifted hard since late August, meaning it's only been 4 months, during which time I've put on something like 8 lbs net(which takes into account the weight I *LOST* over winter break, darnit). At any rate, I'm thinking of jacking up the cals this next month if I don't see commensurate increases in lifts, etc. I just don't want to put on too much flub along with the muscle (I think you all call that a 'clean bulk,' if I'm not mistaken).

SpecialK
01-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Ninja - thanks for the heads up on eating more. Seems to me that whenever I ask anyone for lifting advice it's like a broken record. I lift heavy 4x/week but I'm still not sure how much I should be eating. Aside from going home during winter and taking a break (ahhh if I'd have known 2weeks of eating like I used to would have had such a huge impact), I've been solidly putting on 3-4 lbs a month at around 3000 cals/day, and my lifts have gone up considerably since I started. Actually, I realized the title of the thread is a bit of a misnomer - I've actually only lifted hard since late August, meaning it's only been 4 months, during which time I've put on something like 8 lbs net(which takes into account the weight I *LOST* over winter break, darnit). At any rate, I'm thinking of jacking up the cals this next month if I don't see commensurate increases in lifts, etc. I just don't want to put on too much flub along with the muscle (I think you all call that a 'clean bulk,' if I'm not mistaken).

Dude I WARNED you about totally ditching your diet over break, but noooooo, you wouldn't listen. Now you gotta start eating like a mo to make up that lost weight, hahahha...

Fenrir
01-21-2006, 06:23 AM
suggestions or ideas or thoughts? id appreciate it thanks guys

My first suggestion would be to buy a real good camera and learn some poses! Otherwise looking good, just keep at it!

Gabrielle
01-23-2006, 08:27 AM
traps take time. Holding anything heavy worked for me. Heavy bb rows, deads, sldl, squats and shrugs helped me the most. Once your numbers start moving up in the pull area your traps will blow up. PM me if you have any questions